Derg

Steam name:
Dergy

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:90914829

Ingame name(s):
EB Sith Lord Gaelic Trioblaid l IT INQT PFC Derg Coig l EE Knight Dacia Verum

Current play time:
Unsure. I've dosed in and out of existence for the longest time. Give or take since around 2.0? This is based on the fact that I played before troopers were a thing once, This doesn't really matter though as I was never active during any of those times, I am currently level 76 82 92 100 which while low is mostly due to this being my most active period for a long time.

Time in Garry’s Mod:
A casual 3640 hours

Amount of warns:
0 once again

Previous Gamemaster/Event making Experience:
I have been a GM on two different servers, though I can only recall the name of one of them.

Server(s):
N/A, Shadow networks

Time as position:
N/A: I think it was around 3 months before I quit the spot on the GM team. Shadow networks: I spent give or take 6 months as GM and around 3 months as Head-GM before the server closed off for good.

Would you consider yourself an good builder?
[x] yes
[ ] no

Experience with Garry’s Mod construction and NPC control:
From my time as a GM and my overall general time playing Gmod I have gained a fairly expansive knowledge of building and controlling NPC's (I've experimented with NPC tools both in sandbox and on the servers I've GM'd on)

Are you able to create a cohesive story?
[x] yes
[ ] no

Experience with the creation of storylines, and knowledge of star wars lore:
I have a fair bit of experience with the creation of storylines through my GM experience and creative writing I do in my spare time. As for the knowledge of star wars lore I have been in love with star wars ever since the young age of.. Well I can't really tell you, Its as if I always have known it and adored it, and as such I've watched many different shows, movies, and seen many videos regarding star wars as a whole. All of that added along with my GM research and experience has left me with at very least a fair knowledge of the star wars lore.

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
[ ] yes
[x] no

If so how many times?
[N/A]

Can you work well with others to plan and execute an event?
[x] yes
[ ] no

As a game master what do you desire to do?
I desire to create a different kind of event on the server, ones that are almost strictly RP and knowledge based but also contain tests of skill in combat and so on, as I feel the same ol, get this or kill that gets old after awhile. Thats not to say those events aren't good they are just what the masses expect when they hear the word event. Overall I desire to break the expectations of what people see as an event on the server.

Plan an event:
The event would would start on the planet tatooine at jabbas palace. Inside would be an old grey jedi known as Seann, one that had been exiled from both the Sith and the jedi a total of 40 years ago when he was 37, making him a total age of 76 and leaving him extremely powerful and crafty. During this time he had commandeered a group of dangerous outlaws to do his bidding as well as many Jedi and Sith informants which had kept him in touch with the current events of the jedi and sith, and among each side one complete traitor that slowly leeched jedi and sith relics for their Grey master(A total of 4 from each side), Seann over the years of receiving these relics had been stashing them in various places on tatooine, he had been doing so in hopes of being able to get payback at the sith and the jedi for exiling him, now that that is all covered. Lets start the event. Seann on advert "I have an extremely "Important" matter to discuss with the Jedi and the Sith and request that a ambassador be sent from each side to Jabbas palace on tatooine, if the Eternal empire wishes to sent a voice in they may" And then he will explain himself as needed through adverts without giving away any details. Once the ambassadors arrive at his location (Which will be crawling with currently unhostile bounty hunters and all other sorts of criminals) they will be told of the relics, and before any of them can make a move he will point out that he has a crew ready to destroy every relic if ordered to by the press of a button. It is at this point he will send the ambassadors back to their home planets to request a "Champion" to represent them in battle as well as any other Sith that may want to be present. Once everyone (Or mostly everyone arrives) they will be directed to an arena (Not to far from the palace but not to close) where everyone will be seated and the Champions will enter the arena to prepare for the FFA between the 3(Or 2) champions. During this rather important fight 1 - 2 bounty hunters (Based on the amount of GM's available and the amount of people at the event) will come on scene with the intentions of killing the highest ranking members of each faction as ordered by Seann, who currently has the 3 best fighters from each faction locked in a cage. Seann will take this time to slip from the crowd and attempt his escape while giving neither side anything and still maintaining all the leverage he has. If a leader of a faction dies the entire faction will be cut out of any possible reward from the event, if all die Seann will take his chance to escape and will never be heard from again, this is the worst case and will be regarded as a complete loss. Once found, he will attempt to play it off as if he didn't expect that to happen and will then request that each (Remaining) side return to their planets and gather their council members to have council with him, whichever side he decides has changed for the good the most will receive all the relics (And the rolls at the end of the event) he will then offer to help them in a raid and then a raid happens etc and then he leaves for good (Perhaps). There are only two other possible endings(Minus everyone decides that an RP event if overrated and kills him): If only one faction remains they would still need to have council with him, if they were rude etc they would not receive the relics and they would be destroyed, he would fight them and based on if he dies or escapes they would receive rolls. And the last possibility is that he decides both sides have changed for the best and returns each side their relics and both sides get rolls. (I hope you enjoyed this event idea, I know my way of planning is a bid unorthodox but its how I've always done it, I need to paint a background before I can paint the foreground.)

User Administrative Agreement
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
- Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, and neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters
[x]

User Permission Clause
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, Dergy, have permission from Premium to make my application
I also acknowledge that If I am lying about my permission that I will be denied the right to apply for any Gamemaster position in the future.
[x]

(Character limit reached. Finished in reply)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Derg

Player Interview
Why should we support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players:

One reason to support me is due to my activity, I am on daily and know what I am doing from my prior experience and total of 3501 hours on Gmod, I have also watched and read about star wars since I was little as I have previously stated allowing me to have a larger "arsenal" to help make events for you guys.
Another one is that I am almost always available and willing to host events when needed,(Such as the members of the server being bored and complaining about a lack of things to do) one of the things I was known for on Shadow.

Furthermore I have a goal of breaking traditions throughout my career, if you would let me. And though my event does seem harsh with the roll cut for some factions that may fail it, I don't intend to make all events harsh for the rolls etc, but once again, I do not wish to conform to the traditions of making every event give everyone involved rolls as I have seen many times, even with ones that specified failing would not grant a roll, and I know this may make players insult me etc, I can handle it as I have received much wear and tear through my time as a GM previously.

And alas, I know I am not perfect and I will surely never be better than some other GM's, but I will always hold myself to the highest degree and attempt to create events to the extent of my ability to do so. And will take responsibility for anything I may do incorrectly during my time as a GM

Thank you for your time and consideration on my GM application

Luna

VIP
-1 you are either inactive or I don't know you, try get into to ts and get to know people and not just say you're before the troopers, what's ur levels or some shit like that

Neutral. Ive seen you a few Times, but not enough. Your app is quality but i think you should invest more time in the community

Oat man

Edit +1 your a cool guy
I have gotten to know you some more your a good guy

Last edited:

AbootZ

Neutral, Never saw you might be because of my time zone but good app.

Edited: After thinking about it, not seeing you because of my time zone does not mean anything so +1

Last edited:
D

Derg

Time for morning response

Thank you all for your opinions on the matter, advice, and in some cases support.
One thing I see as a common theme is me being inactive in the community, which confuses me as I have been on for the past two weeks everyday for at least 5 hours, in some cases I've been on for about 16 hours. Its for this reason I'm going to try and make myself known in game more, OOC more, advert more and try to be more of a presence overall to be noticed.

And once more, thank you all for your responses.

+1 I see you on all the dang time no clue why people saying u inactive, and amazing app you seem mature with the times we have spoken ans the timwa I see you arouns

D

Derg

I am glad to see so many people changing their minds about -1ing me and so on. This time around I haven't added anything new as I haven't had any negative feedback telling me to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.