Event Characters

Cruen

Just going to propose some things because I really think event characters are in the wrong spot right now. I won't list specific things that have happened because I think most people who have interacted with event characters agree with me to some extent. Therefore I would like to propose the following:

- Event Characters can not main their event life.
- Event Characters can not be played outside of RP situations that directly involve them, or in events if the person running the event allows them to participate
- Event Characters can not capture points (No point to it, and it takes away from players enjoyment)
- Event Characters can't powergame.
- Event Characters can't be involved in regular gameplay (No grabbing holocrons, no helping in raids, no sending them on missions, etc.)

Last edited:

Lyon

Define event characters, do you mean things like Civilians, Grays, and such?

Or do you mean Event Characters as in characters used for events by GMs?

Cruen

Define event characters, do you mean things like Civilians, Grays, and such?

Or do you mean Event Characters as in characters used for events by GMs?
I'm specifically talking about event characters that are used for events by gms, but I'm not sure if there is a more specific term than that. This does not apply to civilians or grays, who are balanced properly OOC and IC. (Or at least well enough for now)

CMDR Croc

Forum Manager
-Event Characters play that life because most have roles that pertain to an overarching storyline, so they need to be more than just "someone who shows up" and rather a living character.
-Defeats their whole purpose.
-This one is obvious, unless specifically called for in the event (aka like EE)
-Define Powergame in this respect. No one should powergame unless it's just an event thing specific.
-This one is also obvious, unless it's pertaining to an event/storyline arch they shouldn't, however they can be utilized if rp dictates it, like defending themselves if attacked.

I'd rather hear more specific things involving these that are an issue so they can be resolved.