Gamemaster report (Tater)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam

Your In-Game Name and Steam ID: Liam - STEAM_0:0:122752424

Reporting Staff IG Name and Steam ID: Tater - STEAM_0:1:30921651

Reason: During one of his most recent events Tater conducted a highly unorganized and sloppy two rounds of TTT. During this event he spent 20 minutes trying to organize six people by giving them a gun. After finally getting our guns it turns out they where the wrong guns (admin weapon) and therefore we spent another 5 minutes getting the correct gun. He then handed out the roles and didn't mention to the traitors who the other traitors were so they ended up killing eachother. He then further handed out one shot weapons to some players making it completely impossible for a player to get a kill as the original weapon required about 50 shots or more to kill a player which ruined the entire purpose of traitors being stealthy. On the second round he told me to fuck off when I was telling him about how the first round was unorganized and how he didn't think it through properly. He then further went on with a second round where he gave the traitor a one shot weapon and everyone else a normal rifle which where errors for 90% of the players at the event. The traitor one shot a group of about eight people and we hardly did any damage due to the unfair weapon disadvantage.
Overall the event was very unorganized especially with the time it took to get going. He also gave up after two rounds, and generally was just rude and lazy during the course of the event.

Proof(Highly recommended): -----

Additional Info if there is any: I understand it wasn't a full event but he could of at least shown some respect and apologized or actually took the time to think the event through.

I'll address all points on here in order
1.) The admin guns & not announcing the traitors to each other was my fault. Regardless, the admin guns were removed before the game even started and 5 minutes is a very big exaggeration. As well as this, I brought you back after you were killed by a fellow traitor(Which you did not report from what I saw) and allowed you to continue your round as a traitor but you got yourself killed within .5 seconds of reentering
2.) One shot weapons were not given to specific players, and rather these overpowered weapons were placed around the map for anyone to grab, innocent or not.
3.) You rudely stated about how unorganized the event was to everyone, not giving constructive criticism but rather being smug about the topic. I did not tell you to fuck off either. I said "If you feel as though this event is too unorganized for your liking the warp is over there". You then asked what I said because my mic was cutting out and someone who heard me repeated it in a more rude in blunt way which included "Fuck off".
4.) The weapon being an error for players is not my fault, it is clearly stated that the best play experience comes from keeping your steam workshop downloads updated. If players choose to not do so, then sadly they will experience errors. Once again a traitor was not given the weapon, he explored the map and found it
5.) I left the event after two rounds because I felt as though there weren't enough people to run a third game. This game is meant for 20+ people and we barely had over 10.

I'll apologize for the comment another player made to you that he heavily paraphrased from my words because during that entire event I did not disrespect you once or mean to. If you have constructive criticisms about how an event is running or how I am doing at my job, my PM's are always open and we can discuss. On the other hand smugly complaining about events to others while giving no valuable critique just isn't the way to go when you want to see a change. Sorry to hear you had to take the time to write this and I hope you find the resolution you're looking for.

Premium

-2 Tater is probably the nicest and MOST DEDICATED Gamemaster I have ever seen, he cares about what you guys think and has even gone on to change certain events to match what you guys like. I dont think he would ever conduct himself in a way to come off as a ''mean'' person and as for the event it may have been messed up in the beginning but that happens all the time hes a human being and we all mess up sometimes. At The end of the day hes spending his time to make/create/run events for you guys to have fun and wouldn't do anything to break that cycle.

Cloak

VIP
-2 I agree with Premium. Tater is probably the best game master that there is currently is on the server and is only striving for the best for the community. As soon as he figured out that it was the wrong guns he instantly got Vickolas everyone in the event and replaced them with the proper guns.

Liam

My steam workshop was updated 1 day ago so im not sure what happend to the guns.
Look im not that bothered about it, I just wanted to explain my issues with the event.
I apologize for coming across smugy.

Liam

Honestly I respect the response and an honest explanation so I wouldn't mind if this thread was locked earlier. Appreciate the apology and the honesty shown in your response.

Okeas

VIP
-2 event didn't go your way, the reason why this went up was probably because you didn't get a roll and Tater didn't get SGM for no reason so I believe there's a lot missing from this story

Whiskey

I'm going to reply to Tater's comments.
1. Tater had realized that he spawned in the wrong guns, and took the steps in order to change it to what it needed to be.
2. I do personally do not like one shot weapons, but since he said it was scattered out, everyone had a chance to get them. Also it was Tater's event, so he has the choice to say if he wants them or not.
3. It seems that someone else said "Fuck off" I know that Tater has professionalism and does not act like that.
4. If the weapons are errors, that on you, make sure that you are subscribed to our content pack. Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1217844496
5. Tater knew that his event was lacking players, attempted to make it work, but he saw that it was not working out and ended it early.

If you have any more questions, go ahead and feel free to message me in game or poke me in TeamSpeak and I will go over this with you.

Last edited:

Dunkin

VIP
-1 It seems he didnt even tell you to fuck off. Seems like you didnt like the event so you're here. He is holding the GM team together so really he is needed as he is the best. Events never always go the way you want...

-1 Every GM has flaws, not everyone is perfect. Props to tater for trying out something new. Perhaps instead of making a staff report you could talk to him personally in TS and explain the issues of the event, rather than straight up reporting him.

Whiskey

As a Senior GameMaster, Tater did his job the way we expected him to. He gave everyone a fair chance and sometimes we make mistakes. That is how we improve our events, the first run of an event is never perfect and Tater plans to improve on from what he did here.

Dwayne

VIP
Replying to this, Tater I doubt would ever be rude or toxic, if he was I do apologize for his actions. Secondly, I will say Tater is a Sr.GM and is probably one of the only GM's to have this many flawed and unorganized events. Something he has to work on as a staff member, he is our most active GM in my eyes he just needs to slow down and think things out instead of his dive right in attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.