Not open for further replies.
Steam Name: NewKid
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:66996102
CC Name: Banished One
Current names/ranks on server: M1 IG Lord Gary Coleman
Level: 250
Number of warns (active/total): 0/0
Time on Server (approx): A year.

In your own words, describe what Gray Jedi means to you: Being a Grey means following a different belief system than is offered/ allowed by the Jedi or the Sith. It means rejecting the Sith code and the Jedi code, and instead supporting your own morals and values. Instead of being dogmatic and ideologically motivated, Grey's are driven down their own path, and are motivated to do what they believe is right. To me, Grey is the absence of the pacifistic, weak, and unrealistic Jedi code. It is also the absence of the ignorant, arrogant, and equally unrealistic Sith code. Grey is the blur between both poles of Light and Dark. It is the choice that all force users, apart from the most zealous, ponder at least once. Grey to me is the opportunity to stray off the beaten path, and carve my characters name into the server's lore. It is the opportunity to make a legacy, and rp in my own way. Grey allows me to stop lying to myself, and stop making excuses for the ignorance perpetuated by both the Light and the Dark. Instead, Grey offers the ability to stand up for what I believe in, and to spread that message to the community through rp. Grey allows me to express what my character and I have always believed to be true. It allows me to do what I have always wanted to do, lead, by means of what I love, teaching. Instead of being a lowly apprentice with a seemingly massive ego, and seemingly no experience, I will be recognized by my merits alone. Instead of being ostracized by the Jedi for the red in my name, I will be neutral. Instead of being questioned by the Sith for my disagreements with the code, I will be listened to, or ignored, but at least I will not be shunned. Grey is the ultimate opportunity for Gary Coleman to step away from chaos and order, and instead wield a staff of his own beliefs and what he believes to be righteousness.

Explain your goal as Gray Jedi: As a Grey I will rp. I will rp more than I ever could as a Jedi or a Sith. I will read, I will listen, I will teach, I will lead. I plan on listening and conversing with my fellow Grey's, but I mostly want to teach the Sith and Jedi, without the fear of banishment or exile. I understand that that is up to the factions, and the Grey's themselves, but I feel if I provide a quality service, and a compelling dialogue, my right to travel will be respected. I am, as you can likely tell, a man of many words. These words have gotten me in more trouble than they're worth over the years. Though as a Grey I will be able to share these words with whoever would like to listen, and perhaps most important to me, I will learn to listen to other's words. I have given much more thought to the matters in this server than many likely think I have. I most recently petitioned for the Sith to be reformed, which was met with expected controversy. But privately I think about these things too. Alone in my room, I sometimes meditate on certain ideologies and philosophies, and sometimes those are compared to philosophies and ideologies in Star Wars. Darth Traya, Bane, Krayt. These are a few examples from the Sith that I found to be interesting. I have often thought about how the Sith and the Jedi fit into our political definitions of ideologies, such as democracy, and fascism. These thoughts that I have are often not spoken of, and because of this, they are typically forgotten. I would like to try and share my thoughts on these things, and make them semi-relevant in roleplay. This expression of my thoughts must be done as a Grey, it would simply not be allowed as a Sith or a Jedi. Today I meditated on some words from Hávamál: "A man is happy if he finds praise and friendship within himself. You can never be sure of where you stand in someone else's heart." These words made me write this application. I am simply exhausted of trying to appease people on Sith while I do not feel emotionally or ideologically connected with them. I will be happy when I am doing what I want, that will earn me praise from within myself. I do not know nor particularly care what the Sith think of me, some of them I know hold negative feelings for me. With this said, my intentions are to simply, be Gary Coleman. For a year now I have tried and tried to define what Gary Coleman even is. Now I understand that there is no point in trying to be something to appease others, if you do not even know what they want. So to please myself, I must spread my message on to others, the way to do that is by being a Grey.

Explain why you feel you should be allowed to be Gray: I should be allowed to be Grey because I understand what it means to be at a crossroads of two extreme worldviews. I personally hold political views, moral views, and philosophical views that put me in this place on a daily basis. I am also a passionate teacher, and, when not surrounded by minges, I am a very competent rper and leader. In fact, I am arguably better at "rping" this way than I am at currently being a Sith. Truth be told, I hardly know or respect the Sith code, I think it's stupid. I am far better at being a Grey, because I have pretty much always been a Grey. I can bring a lot to the table if I am a Grey. I can share lessons and teachings, and provide much needed objectivity and reason to Tython and Korriban. Because Coleman has experience being both a Jedi Master, and a Sith Council member, I not only understand the state of affairs in both factions, I personally know many people in them. By allowing me to teach and listen to others in rp as a Grey, you are also allowing me to achieve peace of mind out of character. Seriously, I practice my social skills, and learn a lot by talking and meeting people on Gmod and other games. This allows me to develop/ conclude the story arc of my rp character, as well as develop and learn as a person.

Thank you for looking at my application. It would honestly mean the world to me to be able to join the ranks of the Grey's. I think I need this, and I am more than happy to help and aid the Grey's, or any faction while also growing and maturing as a person.

-Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.