Gorgoesmax's (Cj's) GM Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game Master Application

Steam name: Gorgoesmax
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:177754479
Ingame name(s): S Captain Cj Grovar ( I don't play my other lives)
Current play time: Active for about 2 months
Time in Garry’s Mod: 2900
Amount of warns: 1

Previous Gamemaster/Event making Experience: I don't have any experience of being a Gamemaster, but I do know how the overall gist of how things work.

(Check off the answer you choose with a “x”.)

Would you consider yourself an good builder?
[ x] yes
[ ] no

Experience with Garry’s Mod construction and NPC control: (if none leave blank) I know how to spawn with toolgun/change weapons and how to no target myself and others.

Are you able to create a cohesive story?
[ x] yes
[ ] no

Experience with the creation of storylines, and knowledge of star wars lore: I have watched all of clonewars and every starwars movie, I also sometimes watch starwars youtube videos I.E. (Star wars theory)

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
[ ] yes
[x ] no
If so how many times?
[ ]

Can you work well with others to plan and execute an event?
[ x] yes
[ ] no

As a game master what do you desire to do? (ie: Build, create story, etc.): I would like to have two focuses, I would like to make events with ear grabbing stories that keep you on the edge of your seat having you wondering whats going to happen next, and I would also for smaller event like to create creative minigames that could prove very fun for those looking to blow off some steam from all the rp.

Plan an event (story based or building based): (Setup): A warp is made in space, a ship sent out a distress call asking for anyone nearby to aid them in advert. (After everyone warps in Setup part 2) Rules will be established and then the first door will open after that is over with. (First Area) Everyone walks in and there is nothing weird, there is one terminal at the end of the room, several small structures containing scrap metal and broken tech. Assuming that the players will try to interact with the terminal once they do, an advert from Ship security will read (Intruders detected, deploying necessary countermeasures) Blue smoke will encase the terminal and the door making anyone near either flee. Then Antilions and zombies will be spawned all over attacking the players. Once they are finished the players will once again interact with the terminal and open the next area. (Area 2) The players walk into a room with a textscreen above that states (Simulation room) Once they step in there are many structures that encase the whole room and are tall enough to not be leaped over. As the players move forward they will be met with a large force of troopers, and to put more pressure on the players every 30 seconds blue smoke will move closer and closer from behind them unless they clear the enemies swiftly. At the end of the area there will be a turret that will lay heavy fire on the players, there will only be one piece of cover big enough for around 4-5 people, the only way to stop the turret is to jump up next to it and advert /me deactivates turret. Then they will proceed to the next area.(Area 3 Final Area) The final area starts with a fairly long staircase that leads to a medium sized flat are that has 1 chair, and a Strong Bounty hunter sits on its seat, the Bounty Hunter will act like he is here to also help with the distress call. Zombies and Antilions will spawn after contact is made and he will help fight them off with the players. Later, after a while of tricking the players into thinking they will go into the next room which is non existent he will fly up in the air and launch a flurry of missiles on the players and the fight will begin there.(End) After the players eliminated the boss, they will get rolls and be on their way.

User Administrative Agreement
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
- Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, and neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters
[x ]

User Permission Clause
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [Gorgoesmax], have permission from [Grand Master Four] to make my application (either via forum private message, steam, or in-game).
I also acknowledge that If I am lying about my permission that I will be denied the right to apply for any Gamemaster position in the future.
[x ]

Player Interview
Why should we support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players? (Please elaborate - minimum effort will not be tolerated):

You should support my application because although I may not have all the direct experience I believe I could absolutely prove myself to be worthy of the position. I have seen many events being made (or just by being in and observing) in Reborn and many other Garry's mod servers I know what goes into making an event and the responsibilities and what makes events go smooth and what could ruin them. I like to take criticism (not to be brutally honest but not many people take criticism good) and improve on whatever I can no matter how small because every part of an event matters from the rules to the buildings to the players overall mood on them. I truly believe that I can bring more than there already is in the event making aspect of Reborn Gaming whether it be changing something that is the "norm" or just overall improving what is already great. Thank you for taking time out for reading this.

Note: Gamemaster are not administrative staff. Gamemaster should not use their powers for anything besides their events. Unless instructed to do other wise by Head Admin +.

Last edited:
I don't wanna vote on this yet. Im going to assume you got permission from Senior GM+ but who? I made the mistake on my app not to put who and got crapped on for it. So update with who gave you permission to apply before someone craps on you!

I don't wanna vote on this yet. Im going to assume you got permission from Senior GM+ but who? I made the mistake on my app not to put who and got crapped on for it. So update with who gave you permission to apply before someone craps on you!
Whoops didnt mean that, it was Grand Master Four, ill edit it so it says that.

Oat man

Neutral you are a ok guy ok app but I didn't see you on too much
Edit
-1 I never see you on

Last edited:

Dxon

VIP
+1 I haven't seen you much like oat man said, but when I ran into you yesterday with my apprentice and you dueled him to help him get better and gave him some tips on your form I thought that was something really kind and outgoing of you. If you get accepted you better make me prowd

+1 I haven't seen you much like oat man said, but when I ran into you yesterday with my apprentice and you dueled him to help him get better and gave him some tips on your form I thought that was something really kind and outgoing of you. If you get accepted you better make me prowd
Thanks, I haven't been on too much recently just cause the overflow buffer thing that didnt let anyone join but since thats fixed I'm going to be active again

DannyB

VIP
I always want to improve could you tell me what you think it was missing?
Not gonna lie, the event is just plain boring, you shouldn't plan on events to go your way everytime, you should be able to assess in the moment and see how to correct it for the better of the event.

Vethar

VIP
Staying -/+ at the moment.
I feel you need to get to know people more and get to know the community more.
I haven’t really seen you all that much but that could be my lack in playing other factions. Hop in TS sometime and talk a little :p

Dunkin

VIP
+1 Being a GM can get you more involved with the community. I have seen around for the past four or five days I have been playing. Your story seems fine. A more original story would be better instead of one you have participated in. I would like for the player interview to be a little longer. We do need GMs. Make sure you have a few events lined up if you get GM.

Dxon

VIP
Not gonna lie, the event is just plain boring, you shouldn't plan on events to go your way everytime, you should be able to assess in the moment and see how to correct it for the better of the event.

Those things can be adjusted and reworked over time. A scripted event doesn't mean he's a bad gm, everyone wants events to go their way but doesn't mean it will. I wrote down one possible outcome of my event just because it would fill in the whole RP of it, not because I think it will go that way. No one is perfect and if you never give someone the chance to learn and get better they will never fix what they do wrong. Also, it is a GM app obviously it won't go the way he wants in a normal event but who is gonna write a 4-page manuscript on every possible outcome of an event.

Maguku

VIP
Aye that's my boy right there he super chill a good rper and would make a great gm. Good luck chief

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.