John King's Game Master App

Status
Not open for further replies.

John King

I want to preface this with saying if I get GM I have no intention of running really any huge server wide events, I plan on doing little rp things for all the factions.

Steam name: kitcat223
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:89479903
Ingame name(s): John King
Current play time: 1000 ish hours
Time in Garry’s Mod: 8000 ish hours
Amount of warns: 0

Previous Gamemaster/Event making Experience:
Server(s): This one and another SW server called Superior Servers.
Time as position: About two weeks on this server and about two months on the other one.

(Check off the answer you choose with a “x”.)

Would you consider yourself an good builder?
[ X] yes
[ ] no

Experience with Garry’s Mod construction and NPC control: (if none leave blank)
I have no experience with NPC control. With construction I've constructed events and role play scenes before, as well as I have general construction skills from things like Dark RP.

Are you able to create a cohesive story?
[X ] yes
[ ] no

Experience with the creation of storylines, and knowledge of star wars lore:

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
[X ] yes
[ ] no
If so how many times?
[At least 10 times ]

Can you work well with others to plan and execute an event?
[X ] yes
[ ] no

As a game master what do you desire to do? (ie: Build, create story, etc.): Create story

Plan an event (story based or building based):
People in the event:
DC Member (Whoever gives the quest IC)
Lord A (represents the group that will be going on the mission, probably 10 max)

DC: "Alright Lord, I need you to go into the catacombs for me and to retrieve an important artifact from (Insert sith legend)'s tomb. You'll know when you see it. Go now, and do not fail me.

*The Lord leaves for the catacombs where they will search for the tomb, along the way they will encounter several enemies like zombies and antlions. At the tomb they will encounter an apprentice who is after the same artifact. They will fight said apprentice and kill him before retrieving the artifact and returning to the DC member*

DC: Good job, I see you are indeed a trustworthy pawn. Now I want you to take the artifact you just recovered and head to Tatooine, there you need to head into the middle of the desert where I already have a ritual sight prepared. Place the artifact on the alter and recite the sith code, which will activate it. Return to me once you are finished.

*The party goes and does the ritual, once they say the sith code zombies will spawn around them, starting with normal ones and eventually moving on to poison ones. At the end a sith spirit of some apprentice of the one in the tomb will appear and fight them. They return to the DC member, collet their rewards, and it's over.*

User Administrative Agreement
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
- Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, and neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters
[X ]

User Permission Clause
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, John, have permission from [Senior GM+] to make my application (either via forum private message, steam, or in-game).
I also acknowledge that If I am lying about my permission that I will be denied the right to apply for any Gamemaster position in the future.
[X]

Player Interview
Why should we support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players? (Please elaborate - minimum effort will not be tolerated):
The reason you should support this application is because of the need for game masters the server has at the moment and the fact that I am a dedicated and serious member of the community capable of successfully completing the tasks the server needs. At the moment what the server needs isn't huge raids for everyone, although it's not like they happen very often anymore anyway, it needs small role play oriented events for individual groups. I have the capabilities to create and successfully run these events. I am also as I said a dedicated member, I'm on every day as well as I'm a part of the dark council. have proven myself as a person able to undertake high responsibility positions.

Edit: Sorry, Moxxi gave perms

Last edited:

Oat man

+1 the event you made sounds like just a sith short RP XP event
We really need GMs I dont think it matters to to much if he does small events that means he might not be the best GM but that still means we get more events + he said he would still so big events

Last edited:
As I said in the app I have no intention of doing big server wide events, instead I plan to focus on small rp missions for the orgs and each faction in general.
Going to -2 cuz of that if you arnt willing to do bug events then u arnt willing to do your full job as a GM

John King

Going to -2 cuz of that if you arnt willing to do bug events then u arnt willing to do your full job as a GM
It's not that I'm unwilling it's that I don't plan to do them most of the time, like maybe once a week. Again my focus is going to be on more immersive player specific events.

Sniper

You can easily do a small or long faction event as DC,JC and EC. You don’t need to be a game master. Neutral

Tupac

-1 If you don't intend on doing events for everyone only specific RP events for your faction/orgs, then you organize them and see to it that a gamemaster can help you with it.

John King

-1 If you don't intend on doing events for everyone only specific RP events for your faction/orgs, then you organize them and see to it that a gamemaster can help you with it.
The thing is the game masters don't help. I've tried to host small events for the sith before but game masters never respond.

John King

talk to Head-GM Croc about it and see if somthing gets fixed. If theres any further issue then talk to a founder.
The reason I applies was because moxxi agreed with me about there needing to be more gms doing this stuff and he said I should apply

Caitlyn

The reason I applies was because moxxi agreed with me about there needing to be more gms doing this stuff and he said I should apply

still should talk to the Head-GM about problems and concerns. Rather then silently or indirectly complaining about them!

A gamemaster does serverwide events first, and small rp based ones second. Seems like you would just run some sith events, and that would be it -1

John King

A gamemaster does serverwide events first, and small rp based ones second. Seems like you would just run some sith events, and that would be it -1
I plan to run events for both sith and jedi, I honestly don't think the server needs huge events that only accomplish giving out rolls, I want to try to encourage RP through the smaller events i'll run.

Status
Not open for further replies.