Maven's GameMaster Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maven

VIP
Steam name: Maven
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:146361544
Ingame name(s): Maven Umbra (Viceroy Maven Umbra)
Current play time: 300+
Time in Garry’s Mod: 500 Hours
Amount of warns: 0

Previous Gamemaster/Event making Experience:
Server(s): The only experience I have with building scenes for fun is in single-player. I used to go into single-player and create little contraptions, vehicles, and whatever else looked fun on the workshop. And I would just have fun with spawning things in and creating my own little scenarios where I would try to survive or escape. Other than this I pretty much never got another opportunity for doing similar things in Garry's Mod.
Time as position: I did this for about 50 hours when I first got the game.

Would you consider yourself an good builder?
[ X] yes
[ ] no

Experience with Garry’s Mod construction and NPC control: Like I mentioned above, I pretty much mainly had fun in single-player but I also did some buildings in different servers which I self taught myself about collisions, and the tool gun. Figured out how to pretty much create automated shops, safe-zones, etc... As for NPC control, I haven't had much experience with learning particularly how to control their movements but I did learn about hit-boxes quite a bit and how to make sure things would actually properly function without colliding.

Are you able to create a cohesive story?
[ X] yes
[ ] no

Experience with the creation of storylines, and knowledge of star wars lore: Oh I can't help but geek out here. I probably watch star wars lore videos daily. I've looked up the meaning behind banes heart, Nihilus's demise and his haunting, and more cool stuff I don't want to clog up the answer with :D. I think the only thing I haven't done is probably watched the animated series of Star Wars (But I have been recently). And I have these Star Wars encyclopedias in my closet. Just whatever I could collect over the years.

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
[ ] yes
[ X] no
If so how many times?
[0 ]

Can you work well with others to plan and execute an event?
[ X] yes
[ ] no

As a game master what do you desire to do? (ie: Build, create story, etc.): I'll be brutally honest, my main desire for becoming a GameMaster was so that I would be able to create my own fun and have others join in as well. I honestly love making stories and having people trying to figure out how to get out of it. I remember on the server once when Croc hosted this amazing event with keys, holocrons, story structure, and action. It was probably the coolest thing I've done on the game. My aspirations for what I want to achieve as a GameMaster is to create something that everyone can enjoy together and immerse themselves into.

Plan an event (story based or building based): So to begin with I would come up with the story of Nevam. Nevam was father of three and he was human unlike his other inhabitants on his home planet. He would pick his apples, water his crops, and take care of his family. He was home to Kashyyyk. One day he and his children were strolling along the beaches when Order 66 was taking place. All of his children were killed from a grenade. He was horribly injured and half of his body was burned and scarred. When he was found on the beach by the trooper that killed his children (He saw him throw the grenade) he was filled with so much rage that he force choked the trooper without even moving his body. He stood up and ran deep into the planet. To this day he is still seen lurking in the forest waiting to attack anyone who dares pass by the remnants of his home. One day a ship landed close to Kashyyyk and stationed, you guessed it, right next to his fallen home. He was so powerful he rose the dead from their graves to attack the occupants of the ship (The players). The only way to stop his wrath would be to bury the bones of his dead children. (There would be 3 containers at the beginning to place the bones in). At this point the players would have to fight their way through multiple rooms and puzzles of zombies and riddles to reach 3 skulls and return those skulls to their burial sites. After returning the bones, the man would be at ease and would lose some of his hatred, making him weak and allowing the occupants (Players) to fight him and end his suffering once and for all (Boss Fight). End of Event.

User Administrative Agreement
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
- Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, and neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters
[X ]

User Permission Clause
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [Maven], have permission from [Senior GM+(Phaze)] to make my application (either via forum private message, steam, or in-game).
I also acknowledge that If I am lying about my permission that I will be denied the right to apply for any Gamemaster position in the future.
[ X]

Player Interview
Why should we support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players? (Please elaborate - minimum effort will not be tolerated): I feel like you should support my application based off of how much I want the server itself to succeed for as long as possible. I truly think keeping active and keeping the server in a constant environment of fun and entertainment, that people would be more attracted to stay longer. I really do believe I would be able to step up to the plate of becoming what a GameMaster is defined as. I absolutely love the idea of watching real people this time, fix and find their way through situations and scenarios controlled by me. I love the idea of having people come out of an Event feeling like they just played a different game, losing their selves in the immersion of the story and truly have an amazing time. Thanks! :p:p

Cloak

VIP
-1 your event idea is already very common on the server and it dont really sound like you have anything new to present. You also only have 500 hours which is gonna doubt me your building skills a lot. This sort of event was for example already done by Croc. You need to be able to come up with atleast something new otherwise it would be easy for everyone to apply if they could just attach the same ideas.

Last edited:

Gandhi

All I'm hearing from Cloak is salt, I've never seen or heard of an event like that with all the lore included and it doesn't take more than 350 hours to learn Gmod Game mechanics, no matter what bullshit you put behind your -1 I'm pretty sure you're just upset and stubborn about your position being taken, and the whole crystal incident yesterday was completely unprofessional and scummy especially when you used your staff powers to bring Cherria and harass her for 5 minutes as a moderator, don't want to tell ya how to do your job, but don't let your emotions affect your professional views otherwise your staff position is pretty god damn questionable and i wouldn't mind reporting it in if it becomes a consistent issue, please reconsider your actions and personal attacks against Maven and his acquaintances.

-1 your event idea is already very common on the server and it dont really sound like you have anything new to present. You also only have 500 hours which is gonna doubt me your building skills a lot. This sort of event was for example already done by Croc. You need to be able to come up with atleast something new otherwise it would be easy for everyone to apply if they could just attach the same ideas.

If you can get staff with your application he can get gamemaster with this one. +1 Great guy, Active, Fun event idea

Whiskey

-1 your event idea is already very common on the server and it dont really sound like you have anything new to present.
I can say that personally I have not seen that type of event, no clue what you are talking about.
Otherwise, you are a nice guy and seem like you strive to help out Reborn.
+3 from me.

Okeas

VIP
+2, I don't know you too much personally, I just know you as a DC member. I know your are active, have fun with the community, you have some really annoying darth recs and it's a great event that I've never seen before.

Can we keep this thread relevant and stop bashing cloak please :) if you guys really don’t like him that much make a report no need to bash him on someone’s application you don’t have to agree with his point of view or reasons behind his -1

Also -1 I see you on the server all the time however with the mass flood of gamemasters we’ve been getting I feel like we should hold our gamemasters to a higher standard as well as look for new ideas or aspects people can bring to the table and you seem very average to me gamemaster applications aren’t staff applications they shouldn’t be basic and average if you want the position,
Just my thoughts good luck on your app tho man

Cloak

VIP
All I'm hearing from Cloak is salt, I've never seen or heard of an event like that with all the lore included and it doesn't take more than 350 hours to learn Gmod Game mechanics, no matter what bullshit you put behind your -1 I'm pretty sure you're just upset and stubborn about your position being taken, and the whole crystal incident yesterday was completely unprofessional and scummy especially when you used your staff powers to bring Cherria and harass her for 5 minutes as a moderator, don't want to tell ya how to do your job, but don't let your emotions affect your professional views otherwise your staff position is pretty god damn questionable and i wouldn't mind reporting it in if it becomes a consistent issue, please reconsider your actions and personal attacks against Maven and his acquaintances.

Not really tho, and the fact that you think that is questionable. You're posting on a Game Master application about something completely unrelateable to anything said on the application. State your vote instead of talking about something you think for whatever reason is true.

Gandhi

Not really tho, and the fact that you think that is questionable. You're posting on a Game Master application about something completely unrelatable to anything said on the application. State your vote instead of talking about something you think for whatever reason is true.
I just think your reasonings for a -1 are very irrational and half-arsed, unlike for example Judge Judy's -1 and reason which actually makes sense. That and you were also very fast on giving the person you dislike a -1 with said questionable reasoning.

Okeas

VIP
I just think your reasonings for a -1 are very irrational and half-arsed, unlike for example Judge Judy's -1 and reason which actually makes sense. That and you were also very fast on giving the person you dislike a -1 with said questionable reasoning.
Not really tho, and the fact that you think that is questionable. You're posting on a Game Master application about something completely unrelateable to anything said on the application. State your vote instead of talking about something you think for whatever reason is true.
Can we just stop the arguing on this thread? Just take it to a private conversation if you want to argue but I bet nobody wants to listen to this argument

Dunkin

VIP
+2 Maven is mature and knows when to take jokes and when to act like an adult. Many people do not. I see he is fit for GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.