Metro's Din Djarin Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metro

Gamemaster
VIP
Steam Name - Metro
Steam ID - STEAM_0:1:155561484
Ingame Name(s) and Ranks - Master Senju (Current Edition) & Previously Emperor Guccimus (With Prior Ownership)
Server Playtime - 4+ Days
Garry’s Mod Playtime - 3,715 Hours
Warn Count - 1 from 2018
Age - 22

ROLE SELECTION
Mark the role you are applying for with an X.

MERCENARY
[ ]
Requires VIP

FORCE USER
[]
Requires VIP

CITIZEN
[ ]
Requires VIP

HERO CHARACTER
[X]
Requires VIP & Hero Character Package

QUESTIONNAIRE
Event Character roles require a good amount of knowledge of lore, server history, and current server events.
Answer these questions as best you can to demonstrate these attributes.
Minimum effort will not be tolerated.

What interests you most in the Star Wars universe?
The more and more I think about this question, it gets harder to answer. However, I will say in recent Star Wars media Mandalorians have piqued my interest the most. Their way of life and customs are so unique and make them mysterious to a degree. While at the same time they are easier to relate to than your average Jedi or Sith. The fact of the matter is their culture and war-torn history make each Mandalorian unique and have a different way of life.

What is the name of your character, and what is their history?
Din Djarin is a Mandalorian foundling raised by the Children of the Watch. An orthodox Mandalorian sect that followed a strict set of beliefs. He was found and saved after he was orphaned during a CIS raid on his home world of Aq Vetina. After this he dedicated his life to becoming a Mandalorian Warrior like those who saved him. Once he was of age to receive his helmet, he took the vow to put it on and not let another living person see his face ever again. In his early adult life he grew to make a name for himself in the Bounty Hunter world due to his efficiency in the years following the Empire's Collapse. He developed a name for himself in the Bounty Hunters Guild and quickly became known for his work. Most people would know him simply from his armor and background, calling him Mando.

The events of the Mandalorian then take place with Din coming across Grogu or the Child who is heavily wanted by the Empire. He is then tasked with finding or returning Grogu to his people by the creed of the Children of the Watch. He attempts to find Grogu’s people by reaching out or encountering multiple figures in the Star Wars universe. Such as Boba Fett, Fennec Shand, Ahsoka Tano, Cara Dune and Bo Katan. Starting with Bo Katan Kryze who he helped with a mission. Bo-Katan told him about a Jedi named Ahsoka Tano who was on the planet of Corvus. When he arrived to meet her he was initially requested to kill her by the Magistrate Elsbeth in exchange he would be given a Beskar Spear. However, he only uses this as a means to find Ahsoka, as his main goal was to find Grogu a teacher/his kind. Once Ahsoka learns of Grogu’s attachment to Din and says he cannot be trained. Ahsoka then enlisted the help of Din to take down Magistrate Elsbeth. After the city is liberated, Ahsoka tells Din he should take Grogu to Tython, more specifically the Seer Stone. He is also given the spear originally promised to him. If Grogu chooses to walk down the path of a Jedi, a Jedi will come to train him. While on this planet it is assumed he contacted Luke Skywalker which we learn is true later in the story. During this meditation session, Grogu is kidnapped by Moff Gideons forces and brought aboard Gideon’s ship. Boba Fett, who was there to retrieve his armor from Din, offered to assist as part of the deal for returning his armor to him was to protect Grogu. In his efforts to track down Moff Gideon he frees Mayfield from Chop Fields with help from Cara Dune.

Mayfield assists them in finding out the location of Moff Gideon’s ship along with the rest of the crew (Boba, Fennec and Cara). And for his actions he is freed by Din and Cara Dune. Now with the location the crew devised a plan to steal Dr. Pershing's shuttle to use in the infiltration of Gideon’s Light Cruiser. Din then contacts Bo-Katan as she also wants to take down Moff Gideon but for a different reason. To reclaim the Darksaber and reunite Mandalore. Asking Din to consider joining her in those efforts. While Boba fakes the attack on the shuttle, Din and the rest of the crew fake an emergency landing call to get aboard the cruiser. This is successful and the group then begins their separate missions. After boarding Din immediately fights his way to the Dark Trooper charging station which he locks with the code cycler from Dr. Pershing. However, one gets through and despite his best-efforts Din is initially defeated. This is before he started using the beskar spear to puncture the droid's armor disabling it. He then jettisons the rest of the droids out into space. He reaches the area where Grogu is being held where he encounters Moff Gideon. He fights Moff Gideon and defeats him using the beskar spear. He unknowingly wins the right to the darksaber from this combat trial. He brings Moff Gideon and Grogu to the ship's Command Deck to meet up with the others. This is when he learns that he has rightful possession of the darksaber even though he doesn’t want it and initially offers to just give it to Bo-Katan, she cannot accept. The Dark Troopers then reboard the ship and start attempting to breach the command deck to liberate Moff Gideon. As they are closing in on breaking through, a single X-Wing Starfighter lands in the hangar bay. Grogu was immediately able to sense the presence of whoever it was aboard that ship. The mysterious cloaked man wielding a green lightsaber cut through the whole platoon of Dark Troopers with ease before entering the room and speaking with Din. Din confirms he is a Jedi, and they talk about the future of Grogu. Luke promises to protect the Grogu and train him properly. Grogu turns to Din one final time to ask for his permission to go. Din picked up Grogu and promised him they would meet again. Before leaving he takes off his helmet and allows Grogu to see his face for the first time. Grogu then goes with Luke Skyalker to begin his training. Leaving the Mandalorian aboard the vessel with the crew. This is the last we see of him until the Book of Boba which I will not go into detail about to avoid spoilers.

What drew you to the character role you have selected?
Din Djarin being this lone wolf hunter who slowly turns into someone who has to trust more than his other Mandalorians is something that I think spoke to me the most. He is always doing things for more than just himself. For example, when he gets the large amount of Beskar he donates a considerable amount towards the foundlings. He undertook many missions that did not pay well or at all simply to help people. (Defending the Klatoonian Village) His growth as a character and simply his personality is what made me choose to apply to play as Din Djarin.

What are your character’s main motivations, and how will you use that to drive your story?
At this point Din’s motivations are semi-unknown. We do know he continues his work as a bounty hunter, and this could be a unique roleplay scenario. With such an open end to the story right now I can take creative liberties in how I wish to pursue his story. Obviously, I am willing to adapt to new media that pops up but with the liberty of being in a different timeline I just hope to keep his personality traits intact and interact as I think he would with the factions. I do see missions with Boba Fett (Ronnie) to be a strong possibility.

LORE CHARACTER
What is your connection to this character?
As I spoke about previously in the “what drew me to this character's role” section. I think his personality and backstory are super unique. His growth from the lone wolf to someone who can rely on and work with others to accomplish a goal is admirable. Overall, the unique outlook of a “Child of the Watch” being exposed to all these outside beliefs that make him question his own and adapt is an awesome concept. I look forward to what may come of that in roleplay with some of the many other Mandalorians that could be encountered such as Boba Fett and other event characters.

What is your understanding of this character's origins and history?
I discussed this in length in the “What is the name of your character and what is their history” section. However, I believe I have a great understanding of Din beyond just the story told. I try to think outside of the box when it comes to this question and try to empathize with characters' actions. It’s clear to me he has lived his entire life trying to repay the debt to the Children of the Watch for rescuing him and giving his life purpose after his parents were killed. He shows these actions by his generosity towards the foundlings and other innocent people.

How are you adapting your character to fit into the Reborn timeline?
I plan on trying to focus on his life after the stories we were shown in the Mandalorian. Perhaps taking these new teachings back to his old ways of being a bounty hunter. Working with others to accomplish goals while still exploring his heritage. I see this being a great plot development in game for him, trying to justify taking jobs for the Jedi and the Sith, if necessary, vs taking jobs from Civilians & other nonaffiliated factions. I also plan on continuing the challenging of his ideals as a member of the Children of the Watch by interacting with other Mandos who may appear. I could see setting up a sort of “Bounty Hunter Guild” or Covert like faction with Boba Fett. Or something interesting that deviates from the main story we were told while still maintaining the characters personality and traits. Overall, the goal would be to mesh Din Djarins personality and mindset after his journey into this current timeline. I would also like to use this character in some of event ideas and work with the rest of the Gamemaster team to tell a unique story.

What makes you best suited to fill this role?
I’m a huge fan of Mandalorian Culture. And the Children of the Watch in particular are an interesting story. I’d like to pride myself on my ability to portray characters and I have done similar characters in the past on older servers. Mainly in CWRP playing characters like Kal Skirata, another famed Mandalorian. I am also an active member of the community who can balance his time between characters and work with Gamemasters to make interesting scenarios and passive RP events. Finally, I believe putting in the effort of writing this application and putting forward these ideas shows my dedication to the role.

+1
pros of application
-lots of information
-Very well thought out
-Hell of a good rper on the server would fit the role of this lore character perfectly.

cons of application
- NONE

+1 Very good Layout and the Senju himself is a great RPer have no doubt that he could bring more to the server as an event character

Status
Not open for further replies.