Metro's Gamemaster Application

Metro

Gamemaster
VIP
Steam Name - Metro
Steam ID - STEAM_0:1:155561484
Ingame Name(s) - Knight Senju, Apprentice Guccimus, PVT Kage
Server Playtime - Almost 2 Days, previously played more on older editions.
Garry’s Mod Playtime - 3,715
Warn Count - 0 (1 in 2018)
Age - 22

Relevant Experience
Servers - N/A
Roles - I have not held any official roles on servers however, I have run some events on various servers and have zeused for Arma 3 Ops.

QUESTIONNAIRE
The Gamemaster role requires creativity, knowledge, and most of all, vision.
Answer these questions as best you can to demonstrate these attributes.
Minimum effort will not be tolerated.

What is your level of experience with Garry’s Mod construction and tools?

I have little to no experience building in GMOD however, I am willing to learn and would take the time to practice/learn if accepted.

Why do you want to become a Gamemaster?

I want to become a Gamemaster to continue providing players on Reborn with immersive missions, raids and activities that keep roleplaying going. I have been recently inspired by the missions I have been on as my Jedi to apply as I believe I could provide unique situations and help players stick around on our server. Another big reason is to challenge myself with my storytelling abilities. I have always liked telling stories and trying to make them interesting for others and I believe this is a great forum to do so.

Why should the community support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players?

I have been a part of this community for a long time, playing in 2.0-4.0 before returning recently to this new edition. I have seen and experienced great events and bad events. I try to think of myself in the players shoes. Making an event tailoring towards unique experiences and things they will remember going forward. I’d just like to get the chance to provide this for players and I am willing to dedicate the set up time to make this goal a reality.

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?

No I have not.

How well could you adapt to unplanned circumstances in something you have planned?

I do this daily with my job. Truthfully as fair as events, player choice and ingenuity is what I want to see. If a player finds a unique answer or solution they will be rewarded for doing so. You have to play what cards you are given. I don’t like strict narratives that force players into doing one thing, the reason most people want to RP is to come up with their own narratives. I will just do what I can as a Gamemaster to tell an interesting story. It's up to them how they handle it.

What interests you most in the Star Wars universe?

There is so much it is hard to pick just one concept or story that interested me the most. I would say I am a big fan of the Clone Wars era due to the animated show being one of the best parts of Star Wars media in my lifetime. This is because it was very influential in making you feel for the clones and some of the lesser known Jedi such as Plo Koon. As well as all the sub-arcs happening that make it interesting to watch.

Now, taking what most interests you, craft a high-quality multi-part storyline (with characters, branches, anything that you see fit) that you could create multiple events from.

If your application is accepted, you will be required to start a multi-event storyline as part of your trial. It is recommended that this be the first draft of that storyline.

Pt 1 - A Call to Action

As the holocommunicator buzzes to life in the Jedi Council room a Jedi Scout named Qars is seen in a dig site. “Good Evening Masters, I come bearing news on an important discovery. During our mission to explore the remains of Taris we have uncovered what seems to be a hideout of sorts. It is believed that the Prodigal Knight Revan may have been here before the bombardment.” Qars would pause allowing the Council to ask questions or dialogue amongst themselves. After this is complete he would chime in again, “Masters I must warn you, I believe the Knight Reed and both of our Padawans have perished on this journey. Something must be here, Please send reinforcements to secure and explore this hideout. May the force be with you, Qars out.” The Jedi should then get their strike force ready and embark on their ships to Taris. Upon arrival they would be at the beginning of a cave entrance where they would meet Scout Qars. “Glad you could make it in one piece. This planet is still a mess from Malak’s bombardment but we must discover any and all artifacts here before the Sith. I will lead you to the cave’s entrance after that I must return and document what I have found. I will join you when this is complete. I will warn you the wildlife on this planet are out of control so I would expect something to be in that hideout. Good luck!”

The Jedi would then head deeper into the cave finding the hideout’s entrance. Before entering they would come across the body of one of the Padawans. If they choose to investigate the body they would notice that the Padawan was killed by a lightsaber wound. In the first room it will mainly be a cave like rocky interior with a large boulder blocking the path forward. The Jedi should investigate and find a way forward. Upon finding a way into the hideout's atrium, they would be forced to fight and eliminate a bunch of native wildlife that was held up in the cave. Upon investigating it would seem this room was their home. Near the end of the room by a console the other Padawans body would be found, if they chose to investigate they would once again see that it was from a Lightsaber wound. To enter the final room they would need to find a way past a ray shielded door. Once they accomplish this they would be faced with a Jedi Knight standing in the room alone talking to what appears to be a holocommunicator. “I know! I KNOW!” The Jedi Knight Reed would then turn his attention to the Jedi Strike Force “Oh! I’m assuming Master Qars sent you, as you can see everything is under control! You can LEAVE.” He would pause and let the Jedi talk. “Oh there was nothing here, big big big waste of time. You must leave now!” Again he would pause and while the Jedi talked he would then shout “IT IS MINE!” and turn to attack the Jedi. The Jedi would be forced to eliminate Knight Reed. Upon investigation they would see he had a datachip he found from the excavation. The Jedi would then receive a message from Master Qars. “Oh this is quite a situation… I thought Knight Reed was killed by the natives. I had no clue he survived. Return to the surface with whatever you found we can decipher it together.”

Essentially this serves as a setup for bigger missions, the data chip would contain something on it which I do not want to spoil as I plan on using it to drive my first storyline. This mission would end with the Jedi learning what was on the chip with Master Qars. The Sith would get a similar mission. The finale would include both sides in a "race" to the end to conclude the storyline. Also note that dialogue is example based and would flow with the RP

USER-ADMINISTRATIVE AGREEMENT
By signing my name in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, or neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters.
[x]

USER PERMISSION CLAUSE
By signing my name in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [Metro], have permission from [The Mythril Dragon] to make my application, either via forum private message, steam, or in-game.
I also acknowledge that if I am lying about my permission, that I will be denied the right to apply for any Reborn staff position in the future.
[x]

Last edited:

Ronnie

Owner
| +2 |
Haven't interacted with you too much in game to support much more, but this application and the mission concept is great!

Ward

Senior Gamemaster
+1

You are a capable role player, a good player, and your application demonstrates good intentions and either a well researched or good understanding of the lore and background of the server's current Star Wars era. I'm honored that you enjoyed the Tatooine mission so much that it moved you to apply and would enjoy either seeing what you come up with, playing in your mission (you owe me! haha jk), or working with you as a fellow GM. Keep up the good work.

Weewooicus

Accepted
Welcome to the GM team. Talk to a Sr. Gamemaster to get trained, also make a request in the discord/TS to get your tags.