Midas's Gray Jedi Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventum

Steam Name: .null
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:91575114
CC Name: Wrath Incarnate
Current names/ranks on server: Emperor's Voice Midas Novar, Jedi Knight Wind Zoitz, EE Knight Ventum
Level: 190
Number of warns: 0 (Active)
Time on Server: 500+hrs

In your own words, describe what Gray Jedi means to you:

A Gray Jedi is a term used to describe force users who neither fall upon the Sith or Jedi Factions, considered by both "Gray", another common term used may be "Dark Jedi"; but the most generally accepted term is Gray. With this being said as a Gray the person(s) that have distanced themselves from both factions have sought to go on their own path and find their own destiny without the bindings of Sith, Jedi, or EE. Constantly trying to find new meaning in the force and ways to improve their insight on it. Gray's are in a constant power struggle within themselves, practically on a tightrope of emotions. But once the Gray has controlled these emotions, they can truly begin their experience without the tugs of the dark or light.

Usually, drifters, these beings can be interpreted in many ways, some may want to seek further power, some may want to spread their influence and knowledge, some may want to seek even more knowledge, some even just retire to a life of solitude away from the constant battling. I see the Gray as an opportunity to do all of these things, coinciding with each other and having these existing desires and emotions fueling the person(s) passion to further improve and protect what should be protected in the first place, the force.

That brings me to "Balance", a very broad term but nonetheless arguably explainable. Balance to me is to where both sides of the force, light and dark can co-exist without either side causing problems and fostering hate for the other. Balance can only be achieved when the users of the light and dark can achieve this, as the force itself is already in balance. But due to a constant power struggle and people fueled by their own righteous desire, this has not happened for thousands of years, and probably never will be achieved.

A very select few have overcome this and achieved enlightenment, seeing the force for what it truly is, an equal. Not an ally, not an enemy, not a tool, not the user, but an equal, one that we see as another human. Not something that should be worshiped, but something that should be accepted and welcomed. Not something that should be used to further a person's own personal beliefs or greed, but something that should be used to aid and provide security for all who use it.

Light and Dark are usually seen as opposites on the same coin, the coin being the force itself, and while this is partially true, it doesn't have to be. It is what the user does with that specific part of the force that determines it's overall value and public's outlook on it. Whether people see it as a dead religion, a cult, a tool, an ally, it all falls on the people who use it.

Explain your goal as Gray Jedi:

My personal goal above all else would be to follow my own path, balancing out the constantly leaning block, preventing it from leaning too far over to one side, and doing my best to do that. Influencing others to see the alternate path that some may have never even dreamed of before they met a Gray and educating them on this path, possibly influencing them to change their actions to be more... Gray.

Though it is not my place to help those who don't require it. Whether they are Sith, EE, or Jedi. Intruding on their own faction to forcibly impose my beliefs is nothing short of ludicrous and blasphemous. It is up to the people in that faction to decide their own fate on their own behalf, without me entering unannounced and swaying their opinion prematurely.

Lastly, as a Gray you must remain unbiased in any and all situations that come your way, this is another one of my goals. No matter what happens along my journey I must remain balanced internally and externally, especially in confrontations. No matter if they are verbal or physical. This is so that both sides feel as if they are being treated fairly and that the person mediating the conflict is not siding with one side more than the other, if the Gray were to side with one more than the other, this would just lead to further conflict.

Explain why you feel you should be allowed to be Gray:

I have had a long run on the server, joining in early 3.0 and staying until now late 3.0 (early 4.0?!?!?!) I have enjoyed the ride since the start and have gained heaps of knowledge along the way, in RP and out of RP, I have grown as a person thanks to this server and I have experienced every faction, becoming Emperor of the sith for a brief period of time, obtaining a Jedi Council seat, and becoming Prince of the Eternal Empire, I know how every faction operates and know how to deal with almost any situation that they may have appropriately.

With this being said, experiencing every faction, I have found my place at certain points, but the roleplay style of a Gray Jedi intrigues me a lot, and that gives me the passion to make this application, I want the experience of a Gray and the fun I will no doubt get from it. I fully intend on keeping my jobs as an Emperor's Voice and Jedi Knight, filling out my CC as the Gray. Though nonetheless, I find times where I am just plain bored during down times and at those hours I'd love to roleplay as a Gray during my spare time.

I can't say I've been perfect though, as my warnings may prove. I've been stubborn, toxic, and an overall dickhead at points. To that, I completely understand it and acknowledge it. My actions reflect who people see me as a person, especially over the internet. But through all of it, I continue to try and learn from every mistake I make, not letting it get to my head and moving on, and through every warn I've received, through every stubborn talking to, I have grown and matured as a person and role player. Thank you.

Cosmiverse

Quite the app you made there, you seem like a judge more who mediates things for the fairness of all. I like that.
Midas is also one of my top choices of people to be around, keep up the good work man.
+1

+3 You constantly left every faction so now you have to leave them all and enjoy the life of having no real responsibilities. You've been a great guy to be around and haven't been as Toxic as you were when I first took you in, so you better keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.