_optical_

Game Master Application

Steam name: _optical_
Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198073778926/
Ingame name(s): Sage Knight OPTICAL
Current play time: 4 Weeks
Time in Garry’s Mod: 839
Amount of warns: 0

Previous Gamemaster/Event making Experience: Jedi vs. Sith events, Megatrons event, as well as events for IROCONIAN
Server(s): Reborngaming
Time as position: Unofficial

(Check off the answer you choose with a “x”.)

Would you consider yourself an good builder?
[x ] yes
[ ] no

Experience with Garry’s Mod construction and NPC control: (if none leave blank)
Not much with NPC control, but lots with GMOD construction
Are you able to create a cohesive story?
[x ] yes
[ ] no

Experience with the creation of storylines, and knowledge of star wars lore:
Seen all of the movies as well as reading several books and other things related to that
Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
[x ] yes
[ ] no
If so how many times?
[2 ]

Can you work well with others to plan and execute an event?
[x ] yes
[ ] no

As a game master what do you desire to do? (ie: Build, create story, etc.): Build

Plan an event (story based or building based): Confused by the question. But a building story based event would be the community going to the droid war when Order 66 was executed, Battle General Grievous then in the middle of the event have the clones execute Order 66 and turn on the Jedi and Sith and EE alike and have them battle each other. This would be best set up on TAT and have several structures for cover and a platform or scaffolding much like in the movie for the battle with Grievous.

User Administrative Agreement
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
- Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, and neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters
[x]

User Permission Clause
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [Austin], have permission from [Premium] to make my application (either via forum private message, steam, or in-game).
I also acknowledge that If I am lying about my permission that I will be denied the right to apply for any Gamemaster position in the future.
[X]

Player Interview
Why should we support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players? (Please elaborate - minimum effort will not be tolerated):

Note: Gamemaster are not administrative staff. Gamemaster should not use their powers for anything besides their events. Unless instructed to do other wise by Head Admin +.

Luna

VIP
-2 You have put, no effort in this app, and you haven't even filled out the player interview

As Luna stated, you put little to no effort into this application. You didn't fill out your player interview and I rarely ever see you around. I would also recommend making a better event idea as that is where we would probably see how creative you are as a person.

Edit: +2 after changes and shows dedication to becoming a gamemaster

Last edited:

Five

VIP
Fill out the app it just looks bad to submit a unfinished application. I think you could be a quality gamemaster from working with you helping build megatron's event as you know how to build but the app is lazy.

edit: +1 after changes and elaboration

Last edited:

_optical_

Yeah I didnt read it properly. But I am more of a builder then anything else. I am bad at creating storylines but good at making other peoples ideas into reality. You can ask IROC or Megatron about that. I will re-do it so that its better put together

neutral. Havent had any bad experiences with you really, but you have 4 weeks on the server? the app is kinda unclear, but 4 weeks is not enough to become a staff in my opinion. Get more hours on the server and get more familiar around the community

_optical_

The players would start on Kashyyyk. Where in the Wookiee village where a old man would tell them that at the mining outpost there is a ship to take them up to a star destroyer threatening all of the homeworlds of the Sith, Jedi and Eternal Empire. Where on the Star Destroyer they would come into contact with heavy resistance from NPC’s whose health would be set based on the number of players present in the event. The ship would have multiple stages. The first stage would happen right after they landed where they would come into contact with Darth Marr. He would inform them that the Exile Revan was trying to resurrect a Abeloth. Abeloth is the most powerful entity in the Star Wars universe but was sealed away by Luke Skywalker and she would threaten the very existence of the entire universe. He would also say that Revan was planning on destroying the 3 home worlds so that no one would be able to stop him from resurrecting Abeloth.
The first stage would have the least resistance and the most cover the the players. The first room would be the hanger room consisting of multiple ships from all of the factions because Revan would have stolen them. There would be a large amount of scaffolding and large crates and other structures for the players to seek cover behind. The door behind them would be left open as it is important for later in the event.

Afterwards I would use the precision tool the most a door out of the way and the second room would be the storage room full of crates and ammo boxes as well as full of NPC’s. The NPC’s would be placed behind and on top of the boxes and crates.

The third and next to last stage would be a room with little to no cover except some scaffolding for NPC’s to be on top of and have the most NPC’s out of all the rooms. The Room would be the engine room consisting on only engine parts and the players would have to destroy these with grenades or force lightning in order to prevent the ship from leaving or firing its destructive beam.

The fourth room would the control room where Revan and four of his followers would be. Each follower would have 10k health and Revan would order them to kill the players entering. After the players defeat them they would engage Revan. Revan would have 50k HP and dual wield lightsabers with legendary or artifact crystals and would have extensive force powers. All of the bosses would be controlled by GM’s as well. After the players defeat Revan Darth Marr would tell them to press the self destruct button in which they would have 3 minutes to make it back to their ship. After they make it back the GM’s would give them their rolls for beating the event.

Player Interview
Why should we support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players? (Please elaborate - minimum effort will not be tolerated): I am going to be honest.

I am more of a builder then anything else. I understand how to make things come to life within people’s ideas and how to set up things in a cohesive manner. I am a perfectionist when it comes to my builds though. It usually takes me a much larger amount of time to set up things because I want it to be perfect not only for me but for other players. Whenever I get invested in an idea for a build I can work on it for hours without stopping and enjoy it to the fullest. But as I said I am not a person who is particularly skilled at coming up with stories or stuff of that nature. But whenever someone gives me an idea I can really get behind I try my hardest to make that person’s vision come true. But I believe that I could really be a benefit to the community through my events; not just pointless raid or anything like that. But given a good idea; I truly believe that I could make an event that would be both fun and difficult.

IROCONIAN

Wow, ok, nice comeback on your APP, gonna be honest, super disappointed initially and didn't even want to post. BUT I see you are taking our criticism well which is rare on these forums. +1 for Optical, he has the knowledge on how to build and is deep into lore. He played an event today that a lot of other players were lost, saw him take charge to try win, still good to see people who RP but also can rek in a DUEL.

P

Pallox

+2 You really want this I can tell, I dont have any bad experiences with you and I think you will make a great GM
Changing to neutral because I havnt seen u in a week and a half

Last edited by a moderator:
+3 I've had many great experiences with you and you've shown that you are truly dedicated to being a Gamemaster through you revising your application. I hope everything works well for you.

AbootZ

+1 Really nice guy will be a good GM, and sounds like he knows how to build that's all you need as GM other than Ideas.

Okeas

VIP
Honestly, to me this app has me make assumptions about you that may not be true but that't what I pick up from it. From reading your original app it seems that since you've worked with Megatron and Iroconian to do a few events makes you seem entitled to the position and you do not have to work very hard to get it so you put a very simple event idea that anyone can think of and you left the player interview completely blank because maybe you thought it wasn't important. Once people started telling you everything was wrong you went back and changed it and I understand that everything may not be perfect the first time but at first your app doesn't seem to that you really want the position more like you've already got it. fixing your app later shows that you finally decided that you think you should put some more work into it but that isn't something that I want to see in a game master. This is purely my opinion off of your application I don't play on the server anymore so this is nothing about you as a person so I cannot judge you on that, but for now it's a -1 from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.