New Opportunities

Coat

A problem I've noticed with Reborn is that it gets incredibly stale after a while. You're either cooped up on your small home planet, fighting on Tatooine, or being alone on Kashyyyk. With the occasional respite of an event or training mission that usually feels forced and unnatural. It is unvaried and dull.

I believe it would be beneficial to the overall freshness of the server to change the server map for events. We have seen its potential with rp_vanqor during the skill tree update of 4.0, which Iroconian and I made some fun and natural rp as well as create an event that could only happen on that map.

Trooper severs like Icefuse do this all the time, and it allows the players to adapt and leave their comfort zone. It leads to unique and memorable experiences. Some even set up seperate event servers so they don't interfere with the main server (which would be the only way this system could work in Reborn).

I remember back in 2.0 when I was going by the alias of "Hawk", how we would protect the crystal caves of Ilum against the forces of the world,Ilum.jpg,

how the mysterious caves of Endor would confound us, leaving us stranded.Endor.jpg
The element of an alien location is an essential part of Reborn and I find it sorely lacking in that department today.

Reborn would benefit greatly from a change of environment. If you found a way to implement it, the players would get a taste of the old days' magic.

Honestly, if we could have a second server for raids like Superior does that'd be sick! I definitely agree that changing the map for events would make raids/events alot more interesting.

Limo

VIP
Then the server would have to worry about more load times for a event and shep will have to buy a expensive server which will equal less gain for shep

Maguku

VIP
Looks cool. I think new planets would also be cool or even like a traviling merchant that sells rare items and you have to find him on different planets and goes somewhere else ever hour or two

IROCONIAN

Then the server would have to worry about more load times for a event and shep will have to buy a expensive server which will equal less gain for shep
we already have two servers. the database can be the same whitelist for wiltos all items levels and such can be the same.

COAT - This is a good idea and we can certainly have one day a week where it is only events on a new map on our existing server. all business continues as normal and factions can rp why we are there while participating in raids and also hidden treasures around the map with subtle hints in the cc.

it was refreshing to go to the new map. Though i showed up at the end and was super disapointed with the lavkluster of REBORN to follow Shepards plan through. The builds were terrible and little interest by staff to get it going. I spent a good hour or two trying to generate rp while it was basically a mosh pit.

It doesnt matter how good of an idea we have if we do not 100/100 it

@Coat the legacy map w Ilum would be a good start

Spectre8105

The Star wars universe map would need to have an optimized remake, it would also reintroduce planet hopping (Which I did not abuse in any way shape or form).

Caitlyn

reborn has had troubles with getting dedicated map devs. and 2 servers we don't have a big enough player base to be splitting our player count in half during events.

Coat

reborn has had troubles with getting dedicated map devs. and 2 servers we don't have a big enough player base to be splitting our player count in half during events.

Less is more when it comes to events. It makes them more personal, customizable, and manageable.

Preston

How about instead of changing the map completely each week we have an rp outer rim traveler tell us about different worlds and they open up warps? Kinda like an rp taxi man