Oakerly's GM Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakerly

Steam name: Oakerly
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:47278088
Ingame name(s): Othello, Macbeth, Aurelius.
Current play time: ~200-250 hours.
Time in Garry’s Mod: ~6K Hours total. (4793 Hours on my main account. Around 1-1.5k on my old account.)
Amount of warns: 0

Previous Gamemaster/Event making Experience:
-Member of a content team / Story writing team.
-Event coordinator.
-Head Admin.
-Numerous other small positions as mod, admin, or other forms of staff.

Server(s):
(Content Team / Story Writer) - StaticRP, a serious S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clockwork server. Had to work with a group to decide on what direction we should take players to develop better character development, and the narrative of the server.
(Event Coordinator) - StarfoxRP, a serious Nutscript Custom server. Had to work with a team to design bi-weekly events for the playerbase that followed a continuity for the server's lore.
(Head Admin) - BreezyRP, a DarkRP server hosted for a youtuber named kuledud3/MsBreezy. The server was hosted and ran by MrTing, and I was one of the Head Admins for the server. The duties consisted of managing players, their reports, and whatever other situations may come up. It was a typical DarkRP server, and had a daily population of around 70-80 players on it's high peaks.
(Etc, mod, staff, admin.) - LifePunch, Hellsgamers, Respite, Reprise, ect. All minor staff positions that also required micromanaging.

Time as position:

StaticRP - 10 Months.
StarfoxRP - 5 months.
BreezyRP - 8 months.
LP, Hellsgamers - 3-4 Months.
Respite - 1 months.
Reprise - 6 months.

(Check off the answer you choose with a “x”.)

Would you consider yourself an good builder?
[X] yes
[ ] no

Experience with Garry’s Mod construction and NPC control: (if none leave blank)

Well, I started off building in sandbox servers back in 2010-2011. I've dabbled with work on Wiremod, as well as building for events for Starfox. My main building started to fully come into play around 2014, when I joined Reprise and started to invest time into PAC3. NPC control was also a crucial tool used for Events on a few roleplay servers helped make events on.

Are you able to create a cohesive story?
[X] yes
[ ] no

Experience with the creation of storylines, and knowledge of star wars lore:
I've been RPing Star Wars scenes for a long time. Be it on Star Wars Galaxies, or SWTOR. I also have never seen the movies, but I do spend time looking up star wars lore now and then. I'd say my knowledge isn't expert level, but enough to stand on my own. Creating story lines is something I have a considerable amount of time put into, I've always done serious RP and creating a cohesive story is what RP is about. I've been roleplaying for about ten years, so writing is not an issue. Although I do slip up, and can show poor grammar, and spelling at times.

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
[ ] yes
[X] no
If so how many times?
[ ]

Can you work well with others to plan and execute an event?
[X] yes
[ ] no

As a game master what do you desire to do? (ie: Build, create story, etc.):
My desire is to give players diversity in their events. I feel like I can give them a story, and a setting that can immerse them in the events. Shooting 200 NPCs is a good way to get them going, and moving. But I feel like I can do more for them, I feel as if I have the capability to make them think, rather than just aimlessly attack. A big goal for me is to be able to get an immersive setting for the players who choose these events. And let them have a blend of combat, and roleplay. To hopefully leave noone out of an event. A plus would be my desire to physically build these massive, sprawling designs and give them every minute detail they can have. To give the players an aesthetic enjoyment out of every minute detail.

Plan an event (story based or building based):
The Event begins in a small, cramped hangar bay. The remnants of what look to be scrapped fighter class ships can be seen strung around the hangar. The team of Jedi, Sith, and so forth had been called to deal with the recent overthrowing of the ship's crew. A crew once full of hearty mercenaries, both Republic and Imperial veterans. Has been snuffed out by an otherworldly threat. A crew of transhumanist cut-throats has taken over, and occupied the ship. Annexing the once lively crew into it's transhuman group. A gross amalgamation of robot, and humanoid. Bordering the grey-line between a cyborg, and merely a robot that once had a pulse. Mindless drones that obediently follow their 'captain' and his every whim.

The team sets off, heading from the hangar down the ship's narrow, tight corridors. Engaging in small, close quarters firefights as to give saber wielding allies a chance to attack. Coming across two split hallways during their intrusion, the team notices two things. The first apparent issue down a hallway, is it's lack of an airtight seal. Anyone who would be insane enough to travel down the hall without proper EVA gear would most likely die. The second note, is that the other hallway lacked any of it's normal lighting. Only the red, irritating flood lights that filled the once vibrantly lit corridors.

And so, if the team managed to make the proper decision of heading down the red-lit corridor, a voice would call to them on the P.A. A soldier of some sort, a man who has locked himself further ahead inside a security room. He announces his current situation to the team, a group of the recently transhumanized crew shambles around his door. The trooper offers the team a clear ultimatum, clear out the transhumans that are aimlessly trying to claw their way into his room. And in return, he will give them what little access he can into a storage room.

At this point, it would be the player's choice to further investigate on their own, or do as the trooper asked. Investigating further, they would come across the locked door. Any force user -could- rip the storage doors clean off. But at the same time, it could risk damaging whatever might be inside. Inside the storage room are short-use EVA kits. For the players to proceed further on with the mission and cross the aforementioned hallway.

Past the hallway resides the final room, the new 'Captain''s quarters. Inside is the leader of the Transhumans. Allowing them to choose a diplomatic route, and argue that they have little chance to succeed any further. Or, stick to combat and attack the leader. Attacking the leader will result in a boss fight, whereas talking to them before the fight offers the chance to end the final boss before it even begins. Depending on how the diplomatic players choose to reason with the captain.

Could use fleshing out, but it was the first idea that I decided to actually try and write out. Apologies if its sub-par. I did not mean for it to come off as rushed, or lacking detail.

User Administrative Agreement
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
- Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, and neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters
[X]

User Permission Clause
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [Oakerly], have permission from [Shepard] to make my application (either via forum private message, steam, or in-game).
I also acknowledge that If I am lying about my permission that I will be denied the right to apply for any Gamemaster position in the future.
[X]

Player Interview
Why should we support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players? (Please elaborate - minimum effort will not be tolerated):
I believe my history with both world-building, and event coordination for prior roleplay servers gives me fundamental skills that would be useful for the GM team. Being able to work with a group, and create a story as well as an environment to challenge the player base is something I've had to do numerous times before. My belief is that this history would make me better than someone who may be applying who has no past knowledge on any of the aforementioned questions. World building with both props and pac3, as well as learning E2 and Wiremod have also given me a considerable amount of knowledge on Gmod. As well as ideas, and designs for possible events in the future.
Note: Gamemaster are not administrative staff. Gamemaster should not use their powers for anything besides their events. Unless instructed to do other wise by Head Admin +.

I apologize if something was messed up in here. I refreshed my app because I could not preview it, and it reverted to an older revision of it. Thank you for your consideration either way.

Turtle

VIP
+2 Othello is new af but he got JC in like a week. It'd be nice to have another non-toxic GM!! Impressed with your experience.

Jaffa

VIP
+1 I mean.. not seeing the movies should be -100. you seem like a nice dude, never had run ins or issues with you, the event seems a little.. far fetched I'd like to see how you go about pulling it off!. However, all the best.

Okeas

VIP
Neutral, I really only know you for becoming Jedi council at level 130 right after you passed your master trials and your heart of the guardian meme. Don't know you too much as a person but maybe that's because I play Sith and not Jedi

+2 Need new GM's and fresh faces to help out the diminishing numbers of the GM team, talked to this guy on several occasions and seems to want to help so Id like to give him a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.