Prestige Rolls!

Ikaros

• As we all have surely noticed, there are an increase number of level 250's on the server. This is due to simply time played, time AFK meditating, and the introduction of Kashyyk NPC's to farm. If this keeps up, the server will quickly become stale from nearly everyone being the highest level. If we increase the level cap any more than it already is, then there will be even less of a contest during duels than we already have, given that nearly everyone uses the same build with a different form (yes, even more-so with the new skill trees).
  • I suggest a new type of roll - a Prestige Roll! This type of reward roll would be given to players who are level 250, and wish to essentially PK themselves. You would lose your life, your name, your rank, and your levels. You would get reset down to level 1.
  • Here is the kicker about the Prestige Rolls ... the items rolled for are completely unique to this type of roll. They are part of NO event rolls, not even the largest of raids. This could introduce extremely high-resolution (possibly even legendary) saber hilts, and a new type of crystal, titled a prestige crystal. This would introduce something to the market that isn't any harder to get from one person to the next, and it isn't luck based.
  • Best part about this new prestige system is that it is NOT forced. If you want prestige items but don't want to prestige, then try to buy them from someone for whatever price the community naturally sets. This could give even the oldest players a reason to continue playing, and it would help with the cycle of new JC/DC/EC, as well as stop the community from hitting a wall of level 250's.

Just an idea that would help provide new content without having to overload the server with random addons, plugins, or mods. :)

Ikaros

Or they just wait until level cap is raised?
If you raise the level cap anymore, the server is going to be even less of a contest than it is now. Literally everyone uses the same skills due to the sheer number of skill points. This would eliminate the need for raising the level cap.

+1 I wopuld love to start over at level 1 and I'm sure alot of others would too. Raising the levelcap is just not helping, and it can only go so far before the server becomes impossible for new people. it could have chances at Artifacts, and other shit

It would also be sick if there was a way to tell how many prestiges you had done, like a star next to your level or something.

Pallox

VIP
If this were to be implemented, it should not affect the level requirements of Gray Jedi/BH as it would be bad for someone to lose those because they chose to prestige.

Ikaros

If this were to be implemented, it should not affect the level requirements of Gray Jedi/BH as it would be bad for someone to lose those because they chose to prestige.

Agreed, if something like this were implemented ... :

It would also be sick if there was a way to tell how many prestiges you had done, like a star next to your level or something.

This would help keep track of who could and could not be BH.

That’s why I suggested a way to check prestiges. I don’t wanna get fucked out of grey and BH

Ikaros

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION [Could not edit post] (5/30/19 02:14 EST) - By doing this, you would PK all lives earned through RP. This mean you would PK any/all Jedi, Sith, EE, or Trooper life/lives. You would not, however, lose Grey, Bounty Hunter, or Mercenary. Keep in mind, though, that the first skill in the Bounty Hunter skill tree requires 160 skill points. You could not be a Bounty Hunter again until you reach this level.

oxy

VIP
im kinda onboard but then again i dont wanna grind to 250, i mean i gained 50 levels in two days when the level cap got raised to 250

I can mess with this

---Edit---

While saying this ^, I do belive it shoudent be all your lvls. I like the idea of a special roll for PK events but it should be open to everyone imo.

Last edited:

Ikaros

im kinda onboard but then again i dont wanna grind to 250, i mean i gained 50 levels in two days when the level cap got raised to 250
Which is why this is completely optional, and why remaining optional is one of the primary aspects of the suggestion! That's the best part! :)

I think if it is added lower the cap to 200 to make it less of a grind
This is also a phenomenal idea, given that pretty much every single player has the same build now, it just changes depending on the force powers they take. Less levels = less skill points = more diverse builds because you have to choose what you want.

-1 I don't like the idea of pk'ing all your character but to the Idea of being able to prestige to lvl 1 is a fat +1
Personally, I like the idea of PK'ing, because then you actually have to work through the levels again, just like from the beginning. Think about something like Call of Duty prestige levels. When you prestige on CoD, you retain any item with an unlock token (Comparison being the items you've gotten previously), but you most important retain all knowledge from your previous leveling.

I can mess with this
:) Glad to see I got someone big on the prestige train, hopefully it gets some attention at the next staff meeting!