Rant about the current state of the combat system.

Kice

VIP
I recently had some really bad experiences on the server due to the current state of the combat system. This mainly includes force and some stances. It has come to the point where I rather afk on planet than go to Tatooine to have some fun. My main complaints are these,

Dual Wielding:
Both Arrogant and Vanguard are heavily overtuned and outright stupid to play agaisn't. The problem with these stances is the range, which is a little bit less if not equal to fury 1, the hitbox, which is all around the user you litteraly need no skill to hit something, the amount of ticks, which is around 2-6 ticks and due to the range and hitbox of the stance easily out-trades all other stances and the heavies, which have a bigger range and larger hitbox than the defensive heavy. Then you have the range glitch which basically allows you to hit your enemy from the same range force can. A counter argument I get often is to "just parry" arrogant and vanguard, however most arrogant and vanguard users either just spam heavies with their huge range and hitbox or spam parry and light attack when the enemy tries to go in for a attack since they can out trade the light attacks of ANY other stance. Even if you hit the parry on a dual wielder the chance that you fall into a parry loop, were your character is stuck in the parrying animation until they run out of stamina, happens more often with dual wielding due to the insane amount of hits they have, also a dual wielder is able to instantly return any damage you done to him due to the huge hitbox. Dual Wielding is my biggest complaint and I hope this stance gets a big nerf in the forseen future.
Recommended fix: Give it the big damage nerf it used to have, its the only way to fix the stance instead of changing tickrate or doing anything weird to the stance.
Has been given a DMG nerf.

Crippling Strike:
I believe when this ability was added into to the server it was meant as a way to counter players who would just run away. However its current day use is just to spam it alongside heavies. How does this sound to you: you engage someone in a fight on Tatooine, your enemy crippling strikes you and heavies you for 3000 damage, he proceeds to just wait for the cooldown to be over and do the exact same thing until you die. Not only does this ability require no effort or skill into actually hitting your opponent it also effects everyone on the server, troopers get oneshot, people who dont have the ability get spammed with heavies which they cant dodge and force users who often have low HP get one shot.
Recommended fix: Give it a huge cooldown, reduce the time that you're slowed, increase the slow effect and increase the range. This way it can be used effectively to catch running players while not being good in combat.
Has been given a cooldown and duration nerf.

Lightning:
Lightning has always been a big topic on the server, you have people who utterly despise it and want it removed from the server and you have people fiercely defend it and use it as their main way of damage. I personally think lightning is a good addition to the server, however the way its currently implented is not. Using lightning is fun but playing agaisn't it is not. If you do not have crippling strike or force powers yourself then its better to not even fight. Its a constant source of dmg which has no counter for those who dont use force. Also using lightning is basically just holding M2 until your opponent dies. The main arguement lightning users give me is that they have no HP or DMG and that lightning only does 10 DMG a tick. First of all HP doesnt really matter if your opponent cant hit you since with lightning you dont really have to engage at all, 400-500 DMG a heavy is still insanely good since you can just backpedal since lightning users can attack from a range and that 10 DMG a tick will eventually kill your opponent since there is nothing that they can to counter it instead of rushing into your 400 DMG heavies. The other main issue with lightning which is more important than balancing is that playing agaisn't it without having either crippling strike or force powers yourself is not fun, which is ultimately the most important thing.
Recommend fix: Heavily increase the damage of all lightning abilities, im talking like a 100 DMG a tick, but make it so everytime you lightning, stream or strike your character has a small speed nerf similiar to crippling strike which should last for like 3-4 seconds.
Other skill trees have received a speed boost and lightning has received a knockback nerf.

These are my main complaints on the current combat system listed from worst to least worst. If you disagree with anything I said or have other ways to fix these problems please leave a post of your own.
All the issues listed above have been fixed in the recent balance changes.

Last edited:

Oil

VIP
just because you don't like something doesn't mean it needs to be balanced for you, just learn to counter it. change your ways, not the entire server.
If you played the server you would know that you could get hit with like 2 hvy ticks from like 20 feet away.

Kice

VIP
just because you don't like something doesn't mean it needs to be balanced for you, just learn to counter it. change your ways, not the entire server.
Okeas since you don't really play on the server I feel like you can't judge based on pure speculation but the issues I brought up aren't just things I find annoying, a lot of players have the same issues as me but don't feel like making a forum post. It's not that you can't counter the issues I brought up, I just think it makes the server less fun in general. If you really think i'm wrong please play the server for a week and explain to me why you think that way.

Okeas

VIP
Okeas since you don't really play on the server I feel like you can't judge based on pure speculation but the issues I brought up aren't just things I find annoying, a lot of players have the same issues as me but don't feel like making a forum post. It's not that you can't counter the issues I brought up, I just think it makes the server less fun in general. If you really think i'm wrong please play the server for a week and explain to me why you think that way.
hoes mad

IROCONIAN

Epic battles the last couple of days and I admit i try to find open ground when fighting blenderz.

but

Disapointed that my Makashi master doesnt do what he does best

rise above

get good

rip Bounty Hunters

Reactions: Tyr

IROCONIAN

I think the idea being behind it is that low levels can still keep up with higher leveled more skilled players.

The FORCE is a thing.

doing a heavy with crippling strike ia about as good as spamming force powers in a chain.

Make a Force freeze power. both offensive and defensive

force phantom... stops you from using force for say 2 minutes. offensively it only stops for 30 seconds. but if force reflecr is used and you have force freeze the person using force on you cannot for 2 minutes.

or even....a force phantom that is like cloak. last 2 minutes and people cannot use force on you

Boomer

VIP
-1 seriously bro I mean cmon you can’t just remove an entire form that many people use. And yes I use fury it’s epic

Vethar

VIP
I hate aggressive / fury 1. Do they get nerfed NOPE they easily land 3-8 ticks if good.
Dual wielding max hits 2-4 hits. We already take -10 damage so you guys get to have 500 damage and we get to have 300 that seems fair.

Dual wielding isn’t broken or anything. If anything is broken it’s aggressive considering it can hit while the person is parrying. It can also tick a shit ton of times.

With fury 1 one parry and you can kill a person. Nothing else to say.. it’s all around broken with ticks and range.

Dual wield = 1 parry is maybe 1.5k damage while other things can easily get around 3k-5k damage.

Dual wielding doesn’t have a broken range .. It’s called ghost blade and that can’t be fixed..

Nerfing dual wielding = forcing people to go use aggressive and fury one HECK may as well remove everything but aggressive and fury 1 because right when someone becomes good at a stance everyone complains and gets it nerfed...