Removal of Troopers

I think we all can agree that troopers are very annoying. My experience today with troopers is not very well. Today a trooper captain named Justice had his troopers go on a killing spree outside and inside of the Jedi temple, killing everyone they wanted. I, a Jedi Council member, ordered them to stop as they kept RDM'ing. They did not stop though, they continued to do so, with Justice being sarcastic saying lets not fight in the front of the temple, lets go to the back! Troopers especially RT obviously think they are better than everyone else, and can break server rules, and rp rules. Therefore I feel we should have them removed. If we lose troopers, I think we would see many more Jedi/Sith/EE members on.

-1 Troopers will be troopers but seriously troopers give change to the server, instead of just saber combat some people want to do something different and use guns. Troopers give many different challenges to the server and there have already been many people who have made better arguments about removing troopers but they still get denied. So please explain why troopers should be removed for killing each other for training

-1 Troopers will be troopers but seriously troopers give change to the server, instead of just saber combat some people want to do something different and use guns. Troopers give many different challenges to the server and there have already been many people who have made better arguments about removing troopers but they still get denied. So please explain why troopers should be removed for killing each other for training
Its not like it was a FFA once youre all dead there is a winner. They kept on firing on people immediately as they left the spawn. I was hit other jedi was shot. This is the issue.

IROCONIAN

We held a training exercise on Tython, no non participants were killed, however Shawn got shot because one PVT mistook him for a different trooper that also had a CC that showed up as an error. The troopers were all respectful of the planet and did this quite a distance away from the temple near the warp. There were 8 participants in all and the DA was inadequate for the training we wanted to do. As captain I take responsibility for any flaws in my training exercise but it was not baseless, and definitely not just RDM. When we were told to stop fighting in front of the temple I jokingly said, "Everyone to the back of the temple". People are constantly fighting in front of the temple, troopers should not be excluded from this. We have training needs as well and at the time of this happening there were more troopers on than Jedi. Not to mention at a different point a council member himself participated in this exercise with my men. These allegations are baseless and fraudulent through and through.

To your point about removing troopers, the troopers provide a nice balance to the game, it adds a faction that allows people to participate in unique events and gameplay mechanics that they don't get as Jedi. Concurrently, a lot of players do not like the Saber Dueling in JvS and adding blasters allows for the server to increase it's player base. In a time when the server is experiencing reduced player numbers, excluding the factions that contain a large percentage of the active players is shortsighted and ill advised.

Shawn you clearly have an issue with people doing things that aren't exactly what you want. Getting pissed off because troopers are shooting in front of the temple and having fun during DT is childish.
For all these reasons I say

your boys lack discipline

this is how RT dies every time as eventually people say they minge even with an organized training.

shooting through the library shelves is exploiting a glitch and I do not think a well trained commander would order his troops to do so and killing Jedi in the process...

RT is key to THE success of Jedi and REBORN
raiding Tython and only seeing one or two masters it seemed would be easy....well I was the only one who scrolled down and saw 8 troopers....it was too late as the raiding party already warped.

when I arrived two Padawans already fell and a master was escaping into the temple.

then came the Republic Troopers pouring out of the temple...all together organized...focusing on one target and shooting in cadence. I forced jumped over all of them seeing their commander on the steps. like a flock of geese they all turned back to fight me and surrounded me as I was fighting a master.....i had no chance....

RT is my favourite as they can act freely using intuition and common sense over feeling the force.

but they are vulnerable to disapearing without good leadership

-1 The hardest position in Reborn is trooper in the Republic

Toca

your boys lack discipline

this is how RT dies every time as eventually people say they minge even with an organized training.

shooting through the library shelves is exploiting a glitch and I do not think a well trained commander would order his troops to do so and killing Jedi in the process...

RT is key to THE success of Jedi and REBORN
raiding Tython and only seeing one or two masters it seemed would be easy....well I was the only one who scrolled down and saw 8 troopers....it was too late as the raiding party already warped.

when I arrived two Padawans already fell and a master was escaping into the temple.

then came the Republic Troopers pouring out of the temple...all together organized...focusing on one target and shooting in cadence. I forced jumped over all of them seeing their commander on the steps. like a flock of geese they all turned back to fight me and surrounded me as I was fighting a master.....i had no chance....

RT is my favourite as they can act freely using intuition and common sense over feeling the force.

but they are vulnerable to disapearing without good leadership

-1 The hardest position in Reborn is trooper in the Republic
The fucking Cavalry is here.

Ahri Tard

Iroc I love you brother, but the RT are organized, and it shows in the fact that when we have our numbers we go toe to toe with sith even on Korriban. To the point where people are saying we need nerfed just because we are winning fights.
Some of them lack discipline I agree, and it has been a point of tension between me and other officers who want to promote people I believe lack the discipline of the rank they're being given. It's a work in progress and things are getting better.

Iroc I love you brother, but the RT are organized, and it shows in the fact that when we have our numbers we go toe to toe with sith even on Korriban. To the point where people are saying we need nerfed just because we are winning fights.
Some of them lack discipline I agree, and it has been a point of tension between me and other officers who want to promote people I believe lack the discipline of the rank they're being given. It's a work in progress and things are getting better.
imo, the lack of discipline starts from the top. I admit, the toxicity you have doesn't exactly hurt anyone, when you're constantly screaming about doming kids in a raid, you obviously don't mean it and I don't think many people actually care. However, this is a clear point of where the RT are getting their lack of discipline. It starts from the top and trickles down.

DannyB

VIP
-1 Troopers are a core piece to reborn, if they were to be removed, player count will probably hit a low, make a report with sufficient evidence and the troopers you accused may be banned depending on the evidence.

IROCONIAN

Really appreciate your great work and keeping RT fun, alor of IT (not gonna name names, chose to help RT and REBORN) it is good to have people like you on the server.

do not forget the goals you told me at your Vanguard tryout

-2 This shit gets brought up all the time and has been denied everytime and they are a big part of the server and will probably just cause a lot of people to quit. also if RT are breaking the rules report it to staff not "Lets just remove something because I am to lazy to report it and have it dealt with" attitude.

Last edited:

Dredd

As i have said before in other arguments like this about RT, come to me or able if someone is being truly toxic (not little things aka "get domed" ect) or if they aren't follow the chain of command aka not listening to council or higher ranking RT also please have some proof I can't truly punish someone without any and it just helps in general, if you need any more information talk to me or able about it thank you.

Redicule

I wouldn’t say remove troopers but limit them. I would take them as a job like mercenary’s where there can be like three IT on at a time or something like that.