Research, Training and Passive RP Rewards

Kaliks

As per the title, this suggestion will be revolving around rewarding those that spend time expanding their character in a meaningful and lore friendly way. That being though research, training and passive RP. Last wipe I played a character that did Training and roles to try and get more powerful, this was then screenshotted for proof and sent to the powers that be for evaluation. From that my character was rewarded with a + to any role pertaining to what I trained in.

My suggestion is to bring this back with its own system and moderation. How I can see this working is someone spends some time training a skill with their master or doing passive reserch in the form going to knowladge keepers, collecting books and using those to do some passive RP. From there they would do a set number of roles ether to show their success in a task or their understanding of a topic they are studying, at which point they would then take a screenshot of this and post it on the forum in a document explaining what they where doing with proof. From there the powers that be can view it and decided if that RP is worth a reward in the form of + to all roles involving that skill or anything else that seems fit.

This would not bring a mechanical benefit to their characters but instead give a RP bonus to them that they could then use later. For example an inquisitor could have learned some new torture techniques to extract information, a sorcerer could have become stronger at preforming rituals or preparing potions. A Jedi could have found a stronger connection to the force and stillness in their mind giving them more skill in protecting against the dark side. I would also like this RP to be more effective with someone else, training, meditating or learning so that it isn't just one guy in a corner rolling and instead people working together to push more RP.

Ronnie

Owner
This is already implemented to a certain degree, but can be expanded upon more.
If you have any specific ideas or recommendations that we can add to the Gamemaster Guidelines or a new format/structure we can use to record benefits like this, we can look into adding those.
In addition, we're planning on having some new event mechanics and tools in the future, as well as roll benefits that can be gained through Legacy achievements, so some of this can be done there.