Roll mod.

Roll Mod

• Total voters
People always wanted to try the roll mod on the server but it was never added for a weekend as a testing.
I think we should add it for a weekend depending on how it goes we keep it or we toss it. People say its cancerous and mingy but if someone is minging with it they'll be dealt with properly. Or we make rules against it, like no rolling in combat, etc...

I cannot find where to add a vote to this thread but here we go.
+1 To Perma Keep the roll mod.
+0 To test the mod and keep it for a weekend.
-1 Don't add it at all.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=870925571

-1 I remember when the server DID have that mod. It was fun of course, but easily overused and can be mixed with jumping to go farther distances. Like when I first started playing all people would do on planet is spam the different moves until it got removed one day.

Classic Anzati, starts playing Trooper and wants a new toy lmao
-Like stated, people are gonna abuse the fuck out of it

u could roll away insted of running away as a fat ass commando lmao
Yeah but the only counter to troopers is being faster than them and being able to get close, if u give the troopers an evasive addon to create distance between him and a sith/Jedi that would be broken af, I know you want rules with it but let’s be real people are gonna abuse the fuck out of this and the staff are gonna be bothered every 2 minutes with complaints about it, and if a trooper turns a corner with someone chasing them they’ll use it before the other person turns the corner to get ahead and they won’t get caught
It’ll definently hurt more than help

u could roll away insted of running away as a fat ass commando lmao

The problem with that is that it gives commando too much utility imo. Since jumping with the roll makes you move farther, it gives what is supposed to be a slow, beefy trooper class too much mobility. That's why the other classes exist. Mobility should rightfully be at the cost of having less hp

C

Charger_AU

It's been added and removed from the server a number of times. It's nice and all but I think the server is more balanced without it.

Highlord Miles

Founder
VIP
Here's the deal, every time we add it to test it, we immediately get a ton of posts like this to remove it within the first day. The roll mod is nice to have, but the server works fine without it.