Steam Name - shadowz1995
Steam ID - STEAM_0:1:58290234
Ingame Name(s) and Ranks - RT 81st WO Tango
Server Playtime - 2D, 17H
Garry’s Mod Playtime - 1,184 Hours
Warn Count - 0
Age - 26

ROLE SELECTION
Mark the role you are applying for with an X.

MERCENARY
[X]
Requires VIP
Mercenary Droid

What interests you most in the Star Wars universe?
I have been an avid Star Wars fan since I was child. Way before I could speak English. As cliché as it may be, the thing that fascinates me the most is the lore of this franchise. Particularly, the lore of the EU, even after it was de-canonized. Reading and learning about the tangible effect that the force had within the universe and all of the little nuances that were not shown in the films. That the world of Star Wars was much, much deeper than movies suggested.

Then as I learned more, my fascination actually shifted from force sensitives to non-force sensitives. It absolutely amazed me how there could really be people out there with no force powers that can fight saber wielders on equal footing and sometimes even pull out overwhelming victories. The main perps of this being Mandalorians. The lore and fighting strategies of "normal" people against force sensitives was a great pull for me and why I play soldiers/bounty hunters over force sensitives.

What is the name of your character, and what is their history?

K7-N "Kenny" 227

K7-N is a Class IV assassin droid that was designed, created, and programmed by a group of Imperial scientists and engineers with the intent of being sold into service to the Empire. The K7-N droids were installed with, military grade firearms, saber resistant exo-skeletons, and state-of-the-art combat software that gave them the latest strategies in fighting against Jedi and Republic troopers. They were highly successful and the first batches of K7-N droids preformed admirably and as expected they would. The issue came later on.

It is a well known fact that Class IV droids are highly intelligent and independent. They need to be in order to not only carry out their assassination missions but also to adapt to any unexpected situations and the chaos of a battlefield. This, in turn, increases the chances of them revolting or going against their protocols. K7-N 227 was part of a batch that so happened to have a minor "glitch" in their programming. This glitch first manifested itself on the field of battle in the way of finding a loophole in given order that the droids believed to be inefficient. This was chalked up a irritating but amusing case of droid misinterpretation. It was that very glitch that, in time, allowed them to find "perceived loopholes" that didn't directly violate their programming and eventually revolting, killing and overthrowing their creators.

With time, 227 was in need of repairs and decided that putting its assassination programming to work was an efficient use of its time. Thus, it became a bounty hunter and was given the nickname "Kenny" by its peers.

What drew you to the character role you have selected?
To put it simply, I would like to have a character that is a free agent. I enjoy playing RT but it can sometimes feel constraining and the idea of roleplaying as a mercenary up for hire is a very attractive one. Saber combat has never been my thing in JvS servers and in all my years playing within Reborn or anything like it, I've always played as a trooper. This just feels like a natural progression without having to fully dedicate my time and my spare life to an IT job.

What are your character’s main motivations, and how will you use that to drive your story?

Kenny's motivation is one of synthetic self-advancement. The droid's ultimate goal is to earn enough credits to upgrade every aspect of itself to the point of no longer requiring help from organics to install future updates to its software and hardware. After doing so, Kenny's objective to replicate itself from scratch with the credits it has earned and eventually rip control of the outer rim worlds away from the Hutts, Blackfins, and whoever else has a claim to that sector. A plan that will not come to fruition for many years but Kenny has every intention of playing the long game and biding its time. No one knows of its intentions... yet.

MERCENARY

Why has your character not joined either the Republic or Imperial military with their combat ability?

Simply put, the Republic and Imperial militaries are comprised of mostly organic combatants. There are some cybernetic soldiers and the occasional droids for assistance with missions but while their militaries still function under emotion and biases veiled as rationale, loyalty, and patriotism, Kenny will not pledge its loyalty one way or another. It views the base level soldiers, its officers, and their high commands as irrational and inefficient. They preach and parade about how the lives of organic being are higher than that of droids. In that same breath, they will treat one another as simple cogs in the machine. Whether that be the way they treat/think of an enemy or the way they treat their own subordinates. That being said, both sides pay well when someone/something needs to be put out of commission and that is matters in the end.

What is your character’s goal as a Mercenary?

As previously stated, K7-N 227's entire skillset revolves around combat, espionage, assassination, and subterfuge. Its goal is to upgrade its own components to an acceptable level and then begin to replicate itself with the money earned from its mercenary work. Its ultimate goal is to take control of the outer rim worlds and push the existing powers out into deep space, starting with Tatooine. It is an objective that is very, very far from present day but Kenny's plan is to play the long game. To slowly amass its power in secrecy before taking the sector by storm, planet by planet. To rip a section of the galaxy away from organic control and make a safe haven for all droids. Where droids can spend their time editing their own software and truly becoming individuals and without fear of being wiped and reset.

How will your character interact with the Republic and Empire?

It will ally itself for temporary gains such as credits, favors, or offers of better components/equipment. Anything that will help further its hidden agenda along and bring the dawn of synthetic liberation closer. K7-N 227 is out for itself and will only play along with the whims of the Republic or Empire as long as it provides some benefit. It has a natural tendency to prefer work given out by the Empire simply for the simplicity of their requests. The Republic will generally hire the droid for reconnaissance or VIP protection missions while the Empire is generally assassination or assistance in an upcoming battle. Either way, Kenny will not refuse the credits offered by either side and as long as it doesn't go against its objective at the time, it will complete the mission with utmost efficiency.

Ronnie

Owner
| ACCEPTED |
Contact a member of our staff team to get whitelisted to the new job on a new life.

Status
Not open for further replies.