Accepted Sinnik's Gamemaster Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinnik

GAMEMASTER APPLICATION
Please copy the entire form below and make a new thread in this section with all of the fields correctly filled out.
Failure to correctly fill out this form within 24 hours of posting your application will result in your application automatically being denied.

QUALIFICATIONS
Steam Name -
Sinnik
Steam ID - STEAM_0:1:22022353
Ingame Name(s) - Blade Commander Sinnik Viktis
Server Playtime - 1 week, 4 days
Garry’s Mod Playtime - 2,700 hours
Warn Count - 0
Age - 30

Relevant Experience
Servers -
Gaminglight, Invictus Halo RP
Roles -
Gaminglight:
Senior Admin
Senior Event Team

Invictus:
Owner

QUESTIONNAIRE
The Gamemaster role requires creativity, knowledge, and most of all, vision.
Answer these questions as best you can to demonstrate these attributes.
Minimum effort will not be tolerated.

What is your level of experience with Garry’s Mod construction and tools?

I have quite a bit of experience, as I've been playing gmod for quite a long time. Although, it definitely has been quite a long time since I've built anything, so I would think I'm probably pretty rusty now.

Why do you want to become a Gamemaster?
I want to help keep the community engaged and interested in getting onto the server. I enjoy the server greatly and I want to help create that type of enjoyment for the rest of the community.

Why should the community support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players?
I have the experience, creativity, and ideas required to make a great Gamemaster. As someone who has previously run a garry's mod community, keeping players entertained was my chief concern. Something that I always said when making my server was that I wanted to create the type of server that I would have loved to play. That tenet would continue here, as a gamemaster; I want to create the type of events that I would love to take part in as a player.

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
In a sense, yes, I asked Pyro to host an event for Sith in order to drum up some more activity. Other than that, no.

How well could you adapt to unplanned circumstances in something you have planned?
Very well. I work well under pressure and can adapt well. In my experience thus far running events on other servers, I've noticed that more often than not, things will not plan out the way you expect it to - players can easily get distracted or completely veer off-track. So you have to learn quickly on how to change things in order to keep things running smoothly.

What interests you most in the Star Wars universe?
Something that really interests me about the universe is the varied races & creatures within. If I were to become a gamemaster, I would love to explore relationships between Jedi/Sith and those different alien races. I want to see how players would react to being placed into an alien world with unfamiliar creatures surrounding them. Would they resort to violence? Or would they attempt to connect and communicate?

Now, taking what most interests you, craft a high-quality multi-part storyline (with characters, branches, anything that you see fit) that you could create multiple events from.

PHASE 1 - DISCOVERY: (Flashpoint)

A strange, encrypted message is delivered to the council of both factions. Upon decoding the message, they are instructed to bring their forces to the planet of Endor. They meet a strange alien creature upon descending on Endor. This creature wants them to delve into the caves of Endor in search of a forgotten tomb. They search for this tomb, and upon finding it, discover a mass grave containing multiple mysterious and forgotten warriors. All the graves are named except one. The grave is completely destroyed in a purposeful manner. They will then discover various ancient texts on a bookshelf. One of the books contains another encoded message. Upon decoding the message, they will discover the true name of the ancient warrior. Upon saying the name aloud, many creatures will spawn and attack them. Sorcerers and Consulars will be able to discern the nature of these creatures: force beasts. The tomb will then crumble around them, forcing them to leave. They will be once again greeted by the alien from before. It will then tell them to return home and wait for more information.

PHASE 2 - KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE: (Flashpoint)

Once again the council members of each faction receive an encoded message. They decrypt the message and are once again called to gather their forces, this time, to Dxun. The factions meet the alien from before and are once again tasked with entering another tomb. This one is completely locked off. They must search the planet for clues on opening the door. The secret will be the name of the forgotten warrior from the previous event. Hidden across the planet will be pieces of parchment with one letter written on each. If the players cannot decode the name, further hints will be given. They enter the tomb and find a large cache of items, including, most importantly, a large set of armor belonging to the warrior. The discovery of this set of armor marks an important event-changing decision. If someone dons the armor, they will then be possessed by the soul of the warrior. They will then become the final boss of phase 3.
If no one wears the armor, however, they will leave with it, and the alien will then instruct everyone to wait for more information, and will confiscate the armor.

PHASE 3 - KEEP YOUR ENEMIES CLOSER: (Raid)

The final phase of the event series and the result of the branching paths:

If the alien confiscated the armor, then the alien will once again contact the two factions, however, this message will not be encrypted. It will be a wrathful, taunting message, goading the two factions to act or he will personally see to the destruction of both the republic and the empire. He tells them to take shuttles up to his personal ship. He is now wearing the strange armor set from the previous event. He will then teleport out and dozens of force beasts will begin to attack the player. They are then informed that the alien is now hiding somewhere in the neutral planets. They have to find him and defeat them as fast as possible, as beasts will start appearing randomly across the various planets.

If someone was possessed by the armor, then the alien will contact the two factions as per usual with an encrypted message. They will then go to Tatooine and find the alien waiting for them. He will instruct them to find the third and final tomb, where the possessed person is waiting for them. They will have to enter a series of rooms, each containing beasts more powerful than the last with a penultimate fight with a rancor. The final room will contain the possessed player, now fully realized in their strength. They are tasked with defeating this person and recovering both the armor and the person intact. (NOT A PK)

If your application is accepted, you will be required to start a multi-event storyline as part of your trial. It is recommended that this be the first draft of that storyline.

USER-ADMINISTRATIVE AGREEMENT
By signing my name in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, or neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters.

[ Sinnik]

USER PERMISSION CLAUSE
By signing my name in the box provided below, I hereby state that I,
Sinnik, have permission from Observer to make my application, either via forum private message, steam, or in-game.
I also acknowledge that if I am lying about my permission, that I will be denied the right to apply for any Reborn staff position in the future.

[Sinnik]

Status
Not open for further replies.