Suggestions for Materials

Ventum

With the addition of the new "Kings Hilt" the increase for materials has skyrocketed, with this being said, people are starting to sell materials for much above what their price was originally, now instead of 200-300 per material the average price PER material has risen to 500-700 each. With this new hilt, and the scarcity of resources, those materials will now have a demand that cannot be met with the supply the populous currently has.

The new hilt requires 30000 materials in total to craft, if we do some quick math and educated guesses, we can estimate how long it will take to craft the hilt. If you collect resources instead of buying them, and as a baseline we say 30 materials spawn in total every 5 minutes on Kashyyyk. And you are the ONLY one who collects all of the resources, every hour you can get 360 resources. Dividing the required amount, it will take 83 hours of constant grinding to get this hilt. Granted these are estimates, but the proof is in the pudding here.

But lets say you go the route of buying the resources, maybe you think you have enough cash. Lets say everyone agrees the price of materials is 500 credits each, and lets also say that each person has 375 materials total, and since the server averages ~80 people daily, we can do some more math. If you were to buy ALL of the materials from EVERYONE. It would run you 15 million credits just to complete the blueprint. Now don't get me wrong, I personally think the hilt should be around 50million just for the amount of credits you are spending and the time you are spending. But I dont think the average joe who comes across this blueprint would actually have 15 million credits to spend to complete this blueprint.

The sheer amount of effort it takes just to get this hilt is not worth the product you receive. The design is beautiful, but not 83 hours beautiful. The added dmg it gives also does not suffice for the amount of time it takes, below are presented ideas that could fix this issue.

- Decrease resources needed

- Increase material spawn rate

- Material rolls after events

The first two are self explanatory, but the third option presents questions. For material rolls, it works the same with money rolls. You are guaranteed some materials, but it is rare to receive large amounts of them from rolls, this is assuming you can spawn in large quantities of materials at a time.

Last edited:

British

+1 As said, the amount of time taken is ungodly coupled with the rarity of the hilt it's just not worth the time,effort or credits (For materials)

Cruen

+1 They have reduced the cost but 6500 per material is still WAAAY too much for me, an experienced player with a lot of free time and credits, to get. Someone without whiskey/psycho level cash can't get one of these unless they already have the materials (croc)