Accepted Vindicta's Anakin Skywalker Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImposterVin

In-game Name(s) and Ranks - (Grand Master) Vindicta
Server Playtime - 4W 3D 3HRS
Garry’s Mod Playtime - 805.5 (on this account) 4,466 (on my old account)
Warn Count - 0
Age - 22

ROLE SELECTION
Mark the role you are applying for with an X.

MERCENARY
[ ]
Requires VIP

FORCE USER
[ ]
Requires VIP

CITIZEN
[ ]
Requires VIP

HERO CHARACTER
[X]
Requires VIP & Hero Character Package

QUESTIONNAIRE
These Character roles require a good amount of knowledge of lore, server history, and current server events.
Answer these questions as best you can to demonstrate these attributes.
Minimum effort will not be tolerated.

What interests you most in the Star Wars universe?
The Star Wars universe has drawn me in ever since I watched episode 1 as a very young child. Ever since then I’ve explored the many databases and games that Lucasarts has published over the years. What interests me the most is the extreme depth that the universe has. There are so many different races and so many different cultures and planets with their own backgrounds and atmosphere. Not only that but the force itself being as dynamic as it is, the light and the dark side being on a completely different spectrum yet at the same time being similar in their application. The characters from both Jedi and Sith, from Vitiate and Malgus to Satele Shan and Exar-kun. The vastly different timelines from the Old Republic which is my favorite due to the high amount of Jedi and Sith that populate the galaxy. The movies and their deep storylines from the Skywalker bloodline to the clone wars and the shows that came after.

What is the name of your character, and what is their history?
The name of my character is Anakin Skywalker, the main protagonist of episode 1-2-3 and the prophecy child (The Chosen one) said to bring balance to the force. Anakin lived during the time of the Galactic Republic and managed to reach the rank of Knight within the Jedi Order. Anakin was created due to a Vergence (A concentrated area of the force) believed by the fandom to be the result of the wills spiting Darth Plagues who was trying to manipulate midichlorians to create life itself. (Though that is mostly a theory.) He was born on Tatooine on 41 BBY he was the son of Shmi Skywalker a slave along with Anakin owned by Watto a scrapper. Shmi conceived Anakin through the force with no father causing him to have a Midichlorian count of over 20,000 even more than the Grandmaster at the time Yoda and higher than any other Jedi in the galaxy. Anakin Skywalker was discovered by Master Qui-Gon Jinn due to having been stranded on Tatooine during the raid of Naboo (32 BBY). Following some negotiation with their slave owner Watto, Master Qui-Gon Jinn managed to free Anakin Skywalker in hope he would be able convince the Jedi Council at the time to allow him to become his Padawan. Following an intense encounter with Darth Maul, unfortunately Qui-Gon Jinn was defeated in battle. Having Obi-wan Kenobi (Qui-gon’s Padawan at the time) to defeat Darth Maul and take Anakin Skywalker back to the Coruscant before the council.

The council led by Grandmaster Yoda and Master of the Order Mace Windu at the time was not in full agreement that Anakin should be taught under Obi-wan Kenobi, due to his emotions and being too old. Though since it was Qui-Gon’s last wish he was eventually admitted to the Jedi order under Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. Anakin remained a padawan for the majority of the beginning of the clone wars led by Count Dooku and the separatists. Count Dooku was a former Jedi taught by the Grandmaster Yoda himself, on top of the clone wars at the time Anakin had a secret wife. Senator and Princess Padme Amidalla from the Naboo system. Creating more unrest within Anakin himself throughout the years as attachment to his mother was one of the main reasons they were hesitant on making him a padawan, another Attachment could tip the balance.

Following his Knighthood Anakin Skywalker picked up a Padawan of his own Ahsoka Tano (19BBY). This further added to the feeling of stress and failure that he had felt in the past now with a Padawan to look after. Following the battle of Coruscant and the death of Count Dooku his faith in the Jedi started to dwindle, especially after being placed on the council yet not given the rank of master. Some would theorize that the Jedi council itself was at fault for their constant mistrust of Anakin, in turn just creating more discord between each other. During this time Anakin began to become close with Chancellor Palpatine (who was a Sith lord in disguise) who would manipulate Anakin’s weak and fragile mindset and slowly begin to twist it to the dark side. (After this point Anakin begins to take on more the form of Darth Vader and not Anakin so I will stop here)

What drew you to the character role you have selected?

I’ve been drawn to Anakin for a very long time, ever since I was the rank of knight (Which was a few months ago at this point) I was reaching out to Ronnie to try and see if I could scoop up this lore character, especially since at the time there was an Obi-Wan Kenobi at the time. I felt that having an Anakin Skywalker while there was an Obi-wan would have made for some really cool Roleplay though unfortunately it was not made available to me at the time. Lots of time has passed and I’ve cemented my spot within the Jedi as someone who is respected and trusted now at my current rank of Grandmaster. I feel if I was given the chance to take on Anakin as a character I would be able to really spice up the server with interesting characters and more in-depth roleplay. I also feel that the character Vindicta has lived the sort of life within the jedi that would fit really well if it was Anakin Skywalker under that helmet all along.

What are your character’s main motivations, and how will you use that to drive your story?

Anakin's motivations mostly lay with those he loved, that being his mother and his wife Padme. Though he also deeply cared for change within the Jedi Order, these qualities are something I can work with as a basis to how the order is to be led. Caring for the order while at the same time bolstering a faction that is a complete unit when it comes to combat. Anakin was used to fighting in the clone wars making him a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield, something I would argue I can achieve in-game. Along with that I hope to inspire other players to want to apply for lore characters in the jedi to get an environment full of plenty of roleplay happening, that is the true end-goal when it comes to this hero character.

LORE CHARACTER
What is your connection to this character?
On reborn at the moment I have no direct link or connection, but overall I grew up with this character on the big screen and in lore books and much more. It is a character that is known by most when they think of star wars. To get the chance to actually have my hands on him and play him out the way he was handled in the movies and tv shows and even expand on that to an extent would be an honor and a joy. I can’t think of many people who could place themselves into the mindset of a character so expanded and broad as Anakin Skywalker but if given the chance I know I could take it far.

What is your understanding of this character's origins and history?
I hope my detailed explanation of the characters past above would give some inclination as to my understanding of this character and all that he has been through. Though to state it plainly my understanding of this character and its origins and history are quite vast. I’ve watched all the movies that he had been involved in (Including those when he was depicted as Darth Vader. Along with that I’ve watched all of the clone wars including the 2003 version of clone wars. Along with other media that depict him like Rogue one, The Obi-Wan Kenobi show, and the Ahsoka Tano show. Having consumed all of this media will allow me to better portray the character as he was depicted and who know maybe I could take if further and follow the path he took down the dark side as lord Vader

How are you adapting your character to fit into the Reborn timeline?
There are many ways that Anakin could fit into the Reborn Timeline, I know in the past someone has already played as Darth Vader making this character somewhat iffy. Though in truth they were basically different people and characters and because of how differently they were portrayed it would not be out of the question for Anakin to appear within the Jedi order, especially if he was disguised as someone else under a completely different name where nobody would suspect otherwise. What I propose as of now is that my current character who is at the rank of Grandmaster, which would not be out of line with the canon version as he was easily the strongest force sensitive in the galaxy, managed to ascend through the ranks and once seated upon the position he would eventually unmask through the means of an event that can be planned and orchestrated by myself now that I am a Gamemaster along with the help of others that I would reach out for.

What makes you best suited to fill this role?
I believe what makes me best suited to fill this role is that I understand this character in and out from its lore and their mannerisms, along with the fact that I am well established on the server. At my current rank and position I feel I could definitely bring out the best of this character like someone who was a padawan or knight would not be able to carry out. I plan on giving this character a deep and rooted history within Reborn one that will be cemented for Grand Masters to come.​

Geico

Owner
Website Developer
Developer
+2
Would be very cool to see Anakin on the server as I played Vader and he's dead now. Would love to see how it could be used in events and also a very good application.

The Observer

Owner
Forum Manager
JvS Staff
+1
Amazing app. I think you would be a good fit for the character, based on how I've seen you roleplay and handle certain situations. It would be a flawless transition into this lore character.

J'ako

f914044777d7f6adcb0f355142f92f3f5bee4cd3f8b02d166096c2bc51330fcd_1.jpg

+3
Best suited for this role

Status
Not open for further replies.