- Ward
Steam ID - https://steamcommunity.com/id/lolzle/
Ingame Name(s) - Ward
Server Playtime - (This iteration?) 2 Days, (Previous Reborn) ~126 hours
Garry’s Mod Playtime - 637 hours
Warn Count - 0
Age - 31

Relevant Experience
Servers - Adamant Gaming Clone Wars (Gmod), various Jedi Academy RPG servers, Reborn Gaming
Roles - Former Senior GM (Ronnie didn't have the heart to euthanize me yet, so ignore the current forum permissions.)

QUESTIONNAIRE
The Gamemaster role requires creativity, knowledge, and most of all, vision.
Answer these questions as best you can to demonstrate these attributes.
Minimum effort will not be tolerated.

What is your level of experience with Garry’s Mod construction and tools?

Spent probably too much time on this game, if my Steam playtime of 637 hours is any indicator.

Why do you want to become a Gamemaster?
You're going to note a lot of borrowed answers from my previous application, located here. This is because not a lot has changed since last time. Those that know me know I can get on infrequently, at best. This makes it difficult to be a good, contributing member of the community by playing a particular character with day-to-day responsibilities. On the last iteration of Reborn, I found great enjoyment in the extra latitude that GameMaster permissions grant you to provide content to others, and have used said abilities to hopefully create memorable and fun experience for those I have the pleasure to run events for. I enjoy RP-laden events such as investigations, moral quandaries, and political intrigue. Last time, these played well and members of our community got really into them. I want to assist in bringing these back.

Why should the community support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players?
I am still new to this community, in my opinion, so I don't necessarily believe I'm more qualified than other players in terms of in game skill when it comes to building and CERTAINLY not when it comes to the combat system. However, I think I am differently qualified in terms of how I derive enjoyment from the game. I find it way more entertaining to generate quality content that other players can enjoy and can spice up the day-to-day life of their characters on the server. Recently, I have been on during time periods where players lament in finding there aren't enough faction members on to perform events such as raids or other PvP missions, and find themselves standing around twiddling their thumbs, I put myself forth as willing to fill these gaps with other activities.

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
Numerous. Though most of the events I ran in the past iteration of Reborn have been solo, I have assisted in playing numerous NPCs during raids and the like. I assisted Ronnie with several apprentice trials for one of his Sith Apprentices, which resulted in the eradication of the apprentice's family as documented in this HoloNews post. The solo events I have run have been varied in nature. I have run assassination missions for Imperial Troopers, investigation missions for Jedi Padawans, tortured Sith Emperors with moral questions, spiced up simple crystal gathering assignments, or just played a simple Gonk droid during passive RP that people could interact with to follow up on investigations. These are just a few examples and, sadly, I didn't get to accomplish everything I wished to accomplish.

Also, this HoloNews article was because one of the Jedi Knights mindtricked a guard into rethinking his life.

How well could you adapt to unplanned circumstances in something you have planned?
Unplanned circumstances are what gives this community its charm. If I wanted to just tell a flat story, I'd go write a book. Instead I attempt to just write the basic checkpoints/storybeats of a tale down and leave it up to the community members on how to wind their way to each plot point. Generally, I can handle unpredictable circumstances well through my ability to improvise. However, as you see from the chat message in that screenshot above (about the crystal gathering event) I'm not afraid to ask for a pause so I can tailor an appropriate response. Everyone who participated in my events has always been understanding of that, felt free to wait for a few seconds while I search for the appropriate NPC/effect/prop to spawn, and seems to have had a rewarding experience as a result.

Generally speaking, as I stated in my first application, a rough outlined plot and allowing players to dictate the finer plot points is far more interesting than a linear storyline. Players have a lot more fun that way, as well.

What interests you most in the Star Wars universe?
I think the untold stories about the grit, political maneuvering, and almost post-apocalypticesque situations in the Star Wars universe are most interesting. Star Wars is a rough place, that's why episodes of the Mandalorian and movies like Rogue One intrigued me so much. People do messed up stuff in the name of the greater good. In our community, the Galaxy is embroiled in a war the scale of which has never been seen before. This should have a profound effect on the Galaxy and the people in it. I like to focus on what that means for a populace that is trying to scrape by under the oppression of war and perhaps even pushed to the brink.

--

Now, taking what most interests you, craft a high-quality multi-part storyline (with characters, branches, anything that you see fit) that you could create multiple events from. If your application is accepted, you will be required to start a multi-event storyline as part of your trial. It is recommended that this be the first draft of that storyline.
--

Sadly, I never got the opportunity to run the proposed event in my last GM application. However, I won't be lazy and rehash that event. Mostly because it has plotpoints that require elements on the map that no longer exist! Instead, I'll expand on something I have already hinted at with my Jedi character.

Background: Tatooine once again plays a large role on our server. The backbone of its society is the moisture farmers that gather enough of the life-saving water to make the barren world liveable. But the combination of high temperatures and the war do not make it easy. In effort to ease the strain on this downtrodden world, and to win the hearts and minds of the populace in order to make them more amenable to the Republic, the Jedi are investigating a way to assist the farmers and thus, the planet.

--
Event 1:

Jedi: The Jedi wish to send a survey team to Tatooine in effort to determine environmental conditions and determine where their efforts should be applied to do the most good. Unfortunately, it is no secret that the world is predominantly controlled by the Hutt Cartels, especially the outskirts of the settlements, which is where the famers do their work. Wanting to do everything on the level, the Jedi will request an audience with the Hutts that control the region they wish to study. This will likely lead to them sending a representative to meet a Jedi envoy Nar Shaddaa.

Sith: To be frank, the Hutts really don't want Jedi messing around on Tatooine, much less messing with the socio-economic order of things. Sadly, it benefits them to keep the populace of Tatooine poor and in dire-straits. However, rather than simply declining the Jedi's offer to meet in negotiation, the Hutts will simply surreptitiously reach out to the Sith Empire and inform them of the meeting. How the Sith players, who are online at the time, choose to respond is up to them. Do they wish to send a delegation of their own for a counter-offer? Do they wish to simply attempt to assassinate the Jedi delegation? Or do nothing. All options are on the table.

--
Event 2:

As we progress through the events, much will depend on the outcome of previous events so it's difficult to pin down how things could possibly proceed. As I said above, rough outline, right?

Jedi: If the Jedi are successful in the negotiations, they will arrange to send their survey team to the world. There will be several locations which they need to take environmental measurements and they will need to assemble some equipment. To do so, the Order will reach out to a notable environmental scientist who is known for studying Tatooine and has developed unique instruments to do so. He is retired but will agree to allow a Jedi delegation to visit his moon and pick up the required equipment.

Sith: The above communication is intercepted by the Sith Empire, it is up to them if they wish to deal with it. Will they confront this Jedi delegation? Or perhaps arrive early and either assassinate or take the environmental scientist into custody? Maybe sabotage or outright destroy his equipment?

If the two factions arrive at the same time, I expect a confrontation will follow. If the Sith arrive first, they may have to either rescue the scientist or investigate his murder. In doing so, they may either receive his help or (if he's dead) obtain access to a cache of his equipment. Alternatively, if the Sith don't murder the scientist outright, they may interrogate him and beat the Jedi to this stored equipment.

--
Event 3:

Event 3 should be designed to be a Republic Trooper (RT) vs. Imperial Trooper (IT) event. So this event will be held after waiting for Tatooine to be in the "ideal conditions for the environmental study to occur" AKA a sufficient amount of both Trooper faction to be available.

RT: It is time to conduct the study. If the Jedi have successfully obtained their equipment, and permission to survey the world from the Hutts, the Troopers can simply arrive on the planet with the equipment and maneuver it into position and the different required locations.

IT: The Empire has gotten word that the Republic Troopers are performing some kind of scouting mission on Tatooine. It is up to them if they wish to confront them and stop it from occurring.

--
Event 3b:

RT: If the Jedi have the equipment but don't have the Hutts permission to conduct the study, it may be possible to smuggle the supplies and personnel needed to the planet. In order to minimalize presence, the Jedi will send an unregistered transport manned by undercover RT troopers.

IT: Imperial Troopers, conduct a "random security sweep" of a vessel going through your territory toward Tatooine. Look for suspicious items and sentients. Confiscate any contraband and arrest anyone suspicious.

Depending on if the Imperial Troopers find anything or if the Republic Troopers blow their cover in some way, a shipboard firefight may occur. If the Sith were able to uncover valuable information about the equipment they are looking for, during Event 2, they may be an advantage in knowing what they're looking for.

--

Event 4:

Jedi: Depending on the variable success of the above event, the Jedi will begin enacting their plan to assist the moisture farmers on Tatooine. Coupled with the environmental study, and water obtained from the waterworld of Shusugaunt, the Jedi plan to essentially fly a vessel over key areas and disseminate added vapor to the air. This will ensure added sustainability to moisture farmers during this awful season and throughout the hardships of the war. This approach is thought of as a "teach a man to fish" method, rather than simply giving out barrels or silos of water to the populous. Water is as good as gold on the planet, and any standing container of it would be an incredibly attractive target and would incite violence.

Unfortunately, that's exactly what would occur and the vessel is reportedly shot down. Jedi must travel to the planet in order to investigate the crash site to recover the crew and the water aboard. The crew and the water will be missing, so an investigation into who shot down the vessel and stole the water must occur. The Jedi must find and rescue both the crew and valuable supplies.

Sith: The Empire would also get wind of this occurrence and may either choose to conduct their own investigation or foil the Jedi's.

Ultimately, this would essentially be a race to discover where the water has ended up. If the Jedi recover it first, then they can either make another attempt at the humidification plan or cut their losses. The amount of successes in the above events would determine how much of a positive impact they have on the world. If the Sith end up with the water, they could use it as a bargaining chip for political power on the planet or sell it off to local crimelords for monetary gain.

USER-ADMINISTRATIVE AGREEMENT
By signing my name in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, or neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters.
[Ward]

USER PERMISSION CLAUSE
By signing my name in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [Ward], have permission from [Senior GM+] to make my application, either via forum private message, steam, or in-game.
I also acknowledge that if I am lying about my permission, that I will be denied the right to apply for any Reborn staff position in the future.
[Ward]

Last edited:

Batman

Senior Gamemaster
-1 I havent seen you on the server but once i see you more active on the server I will change my vote.

Belial

+1

Despite the low activity, I do understand you're currently tasked with something of equal importance, you've my vote.