What exactly happened here?

Mimiik4.0

Hello all!

Some of you remember me, some don't and that's pretty cool. All I ask is that you hear me out and just read what I have to say on this whole situation yeah?

Let's start from the beginning shall we?
I first joined Reborn about mid 3.0 roughly, it was a great time. (Premium joined not even a month after me). You could get help from anyone and everyone, and there was plenty to do, ex: getting epics, legendaries, new hilts, etc. Then I had to leave for a while due to Indoor Drumline (Roughly January 2019 to June 2019) When I came back in June it seemed relatively the same, new people and same dynamics. But the more I got on and the more I played, I realized that things aren't as they seemed. New crystal rarities, new orgs, new rules, new systems. Everything. Was. Different. It was a new dawn, yet nothing was exactly good. Councils were dysfunctional, people were toxic, no one wanted to actually play... but they did. Thus spreading their rude, toxic, and maybe even annoying behaviors among everyone and causing a chain reaction leading to where we are now. Many would say that this whole toxic "chain" could start with Mira or Archer, but I'm here to disagree (yes you can have an opinion). I would say that overall in 4.0 that's where it started, with the Sith specifically. I served under Emperor Robinson(3.0) who stepped down not even a week after bringing me into the Dark Council. After Robinson stepped down there were some lies, and misplaced trust into Robinson's choices and reactions. From there it was a greed game of who would be Emperor next, eventually leading to some unhealthy Sith Empires and some revivals (@Croc thank god I love you <3). Then from there (from what I've heard) it's been some very terrible people mostly. Overall, my claim is that the toxicity started in the Sith Empire then leaking out onto others.

Why the hell should you still be reading this?
But it wasn't JUST the Sith Empire, bad Emperors, or whatever anyone may think it may be. It was the Staff mixing poorly with the community, specifically staff decisions. If you provide a tyranny, you'll be met with a revolt. Recently it's been a shit show with Jedi Council (Mira-Archer Thingy). I've been following the whole Archer-Mira Thingy since they've both arrived on Reborn. (Archer returned, Mira was new). And honestly why is it still a thing? Like just don't talk to eachoth- oh what you can't because a minority of people on here aren't actually adults (myself included) and they don't know how to drop something... Honestly why fight over someone in a different town, state, province, country, continent, than your own? Garry's Mod is only a game. I get on Garry's Mod (1989 hours currently :D) to have fun and make progress, yet some people get on to either intentionally or unintentionally make drama. And to be fair drama should just be IRL. I mean like who actually has the extra energy to go to work/school/whatever, come home get on Garry's Mod, then get on Reborn and make more drama? (Cough cough... lots of people do apparently). Overall, why can't we just enforce a zero tolerance policy for toxicity? It's an easy solution. As for the recent decline in player activity, freshen Reborn up a bit. EXAMPLE (NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT IT'S JUST AN EXAMPLE) On Genesis there are world bosses which are much more fun to grind rather than afk meditation, or going on killing sprees. If you truly want Reborn to thrive, have an ever changing world. Add things, revise ideas, take away things. Make. It. Interesting.

Let us move onto staff yeah? (If you wanna take offense to this SHEPARD OR CAITLYN go ahead, you're allowed to have an opinion. Just don't smite me for having one okay?)
Lots of heated stuff so far and thanks for reading all of this if you have. As far as I know, some very noticeable corruption started when Shepard start going after Cait. Lots of claims of Cait getting off the hook for some things, and now she is basically co-owner with how much of a voice she has even though only being a Senior Mod(I think I don't remember what rank you are Cait). From what I remember the rule book should have been made/revised by SA's and then Shepard reads over it and sends it out. That's not what happened isn't it. I can go on for a small bit about all the things that have gone wrong, but there are some VERY good apples in the tree of corruption. Examples: Croc, Serin, Rocky(Maybe), Cause (Eh). (I can only really remember you four, sorry for anyone I didn't mention).

Last thing sorry for long post.
My overall solution. Is to just wipe Reborn entirely. Get rid of stupid skill trees, (BETA TEST NEW ONES SO THEY AREN'T BROKEN), listen to player feedback, add new stuff, wipe levels inventory and start from scratch, keep a close eye over staff, keep an eye on player relations (maybe get someone to specifically do that as a staff job?). It's my idea which probably won't get brought to light but hey that's okay.

Thanks to all who read this entire thing, I'll be casually watching over this and responding when I get the chance.

It's your server @Shepard. Are you gonna sit there and watch it burn in the current dumpster fire, or are you gonna take action and ride this Mustang money maker to the end?

Mimiik4.0

It won't let me edit for some reason. So might was well do it now.
EDIT: This post doesn't cover all of my opinions! Some stuff is left out because I am lazy!

Oil

VIP
if we do an item wipe lots of people will leave, if reborn dies like 10 players a day kinda thing. server goes down for like 2 months then we come back with an item wipe

if we do an item wipe lots of people will leave, if reborn dies like 10 players a day kinda thing. server goes down for like 2 months then we come back with an item wipe

I think that either way it would be a healthier way to fix the economy, and the status of the server than hoping and praying an update or two will fix it

clucky

I totally agree with a completely new season. Wipe all items. Give people some store credit for lost items. Do the idea with CCs. Make it so you gradually gain HP as you rank up
bruh but i spent almost 1.2k on the server i aint tryna redo that hoe again

Mimiik4.0

hes not coming back, hes joining miras white knights on genesis eskit

I never exactly defended Mira or anyone, without being cautious of betrayal or manipulation. Also I enjoy the systems in place on Genesis much more. That's my opinion. If you wanna think I'm a white knight go ahead.

Clucky I’ve spent money on here as well, not nearly 1.2k but I still think it needs to happen. It would give players something to strive for again than just tatooine pvp

Mimiik4.0

thats still gonna leave people who spent hundreds of dollars on crystals totally fucked over

How would that fuck people over? Please elaborate, because from my view it looks like this. Someone spent money on a crystal --> Shepard resets everything --> You get in store credits to buy something else.

I understand where you're coming from, you've spent money on Reborn I believe. You don't want your hard earned cash ripped away from you.

Eizen

How would that fuck people over? Please elaborate, because from my view it looks like this. Someone spent money on a crystal --> Shepard resets everything --> You get in store credits to buy something else.

I understand where you're coming from, you've spent money on Reborn I believe. You don't want your hard earned cash ripped away from you.

what I mean is for example I sell someone an artifact for a custom hilt donation is the person who spent the 150$ on gifting the custom hilt to my account going to get his 150$ back or an artifact

Mimiik4.0

what I mean is for example I sell someone an artifact for a custom hilt donation is the person who spent the 150$ on gifting the custom hilt to my account going to get his 150$ back or an artifact
The person who bought the custom hilt would get In store credits back.

Also I'm not saying I want to give people back money for what they spent I'm just interpreting what @Jacob Nova has said.

shepard would then be losing monies
He's not losing anything if someone got their respected in store money put back into the store because they need to spend that money or just leave it on the account. Also the store doesn't sell anything physical so technically no one can keep it and Shepard loses the profit from that item, if the server were to wipe.

P

Pump

Just give the people who spent over 1k better rolls in raids and give their cc’s more money in salary and like $100 in credits ez