Why Items Should Be Wiped

Myth

VIP
wiping money is useless without wiping items. the economy was so shit because of the over saturation of items. even with less money in the server, if there is still 1000000 legendaries they wont be worth anything. The problem was never the amount of money on the server. Crystals became valueless when every single person had one. Make crystals and hilts valuable again by wiping items. I know some of you worked hard for your items or paid for them, but if you ever want the economy on the server to be fun again then a wipe has to happen. Also, If items are wiped, events would be fun again as people would actually care about rolls.

Last edited:

Rightpop

I wouldn't say wiping the items without getting a little bit of commission in return or we should get something in return. For example, in 3.0 there were so many GM Wisdom's so Shepard opened up a shop for people to selling items such as Donor Hilts and Crystal's only legendary plus to help put the economy back on the grid.

TBH I think we could possibly wipe money then do a sort of buy back program so for example I have like 5 non-effect legendary's I would be willing to sell them back especially sense I have no money instead of them just being mass distributed to the guy who joined 5mins ago.

Myth

VIP
I wouldn't say wiping the items without getting a little bit of commission in return or we should get something in return. For example, in 3.0 there were so many GM Wisdom's so Shepard opened up a shop for people to selling items such as Donor Hilts and Crystal's only legendary plus to help put the economy back on the grid.
"commisson in return" Then its not a wipe at all lmao. The economy on the server has ony gone downhill from 3.0 so I dont think a buyback program worked out very well.

TBH I think we could possibly wipe money then do a sort of buy back program so for example I have like 5 non-effect legendary's I would be willing to sell them back especially sense I have no money instead of them just being mass distributed to the guy who joined 5mins ago.
A buy back program defeats the purpose of a wipe. "yeah lets just go ahead and give a guy millions as soon as money wipes" A buy back program would be a worse idea than not wiping items. If we are gonna wipe do it right. The exaxct reason we need an item wipe is because all long time players have 10+ legendaries and or 4 artifacts. Everyone just gets too attatched to their inventories because its the one thing you work on after getting levels. If items are wiped, events would be fun again as people would actually care about rolls. And people would have something new to work for again.

But people have spent so long on their inventories that if you just wipe them then some people just aren't gonna come back ¯\(ツ)

Shade Tano

whipe legendaries and under or non customs. keep in mind people spent on custom stuff. however what made the economy bad was craftable legendaries. if we whipe everything under that. idk how u would.

Kice

VIP
Items need to be wiped, normally a game would implement new items if there is market saturation but because of database limitations they can't just release 3 new tiers of items.

Last edited:
Tbh I'd wipe all the items and just have them at

Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary.

No need to go above legendarys, anybody who brought a custom crystal can get a 1-time blueprint or something so that for like 1k of each material and any legendary they can craft a legendary version of there old custom crystal, They still get the customized look but its not just something that you can do easily.

whipe legendaries and under or non customs. keep in mind people spent on custom stuff. however what made the economy bad was craftable legendaries. if we whipe everything under that. idk how u would.

A big reason of people wanting the wipe is

#1 Some people have a lot of powerful crystals on the server.
#2 Basically the unbalance, Someone with an Artifact is gona be able to kill someone with a Legendary if they are of around equal skill and both max level.

Also economy is super inflated since the amount of rare crystals (not the tier but like actually rare crystals) kept on being added up onto and more and more people kept on getting them then the economy gets all messed up, basically more higher value equipment was being added and to compensate that higher tiers where being added.

Also i'm pretty sure its impossible to just wipe specific items, depending on how the data is stored it's likely going to be everything or nothing.

Shade Tano

A big reason of people wanting the wipe is

#2 Basically the unbalance, Someone with an Artifact is gona be able to kill someone with a Legendary if they are of around equal skill and both max level.

Also economy is super inflated since the amount of rare crystals (not the tier but like actually rare crystals) kept on being added up onto and more and more people kept on getting them then the economy gets all messed up, basically more higher value equipment was being added and to compensate that higher tiers where being added.

Also i'm pretty sure its impossible to just wipe specific items, depending on how the data is stored it's likely going to be everything or nothing.
crystal gear doesnt matter i was rocking a rare crystal and destroying people with artis. i think a whipe would be good but people have spent money on (HIlTS & crystals) reworks etc

Loody

VIP
crystals should be cosmetic.they pretty much are anyways.just get rid of the damage buff the some crsytals give.Alot of people spend several hundred hours getting their inventory the way it is

but i do think there should be a way that some people start losing crystals
dont know how though
wiping an inventory doesn't solve a problem it just delays it.

I think wiping inventories isn't the best idea because all the people who got traded items for ranks or anything on the store would basically get scammed since they would no longer have the item while the other person still has their rank or cc or whatever. Making the crystals cosmetic or making them hardly change damage is fine as long as the items aren't entirely removed.

Stubbs

VIP
wiping inventories would also wipe custom igniters and shit like that no? thats a whole lotta work if you guys actually get the playerbase you want.

Stubbs

VIP
this is so unaccurate. people wanna wipe to start fresh. no one cares about the rarity. even then wiping would make no sense its just wasting people's time. its like losing all of your loot on your favorite game.

Caitlyn2

If you cared about the server and ur items maybe you shouldn't have let it died? like obviously what u had or what u did wasn't worth ur time.

sooo yeah new server needs a fresh start that's the based and redpilled thing to do here.