Windu's Game Master application mk2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game Master Application

Steam name: Mace Window
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:88065401
Ingame name(s): High General Master Windu, Grey Jedi Occulus, Sith Lord VVindu
Current play time: Roughly 2000 hours (Joined Reborn about a year and 3 months ago)
Time in Garry’s Mod: 2100
Amount of warns: 2 (Neither are active)

Previous Gamemaster/Event making Experience: Gamemaster/ Senior Gamemaster
Server(s): Reborn Gaming
Time as position: I think it was about for 5/6 months?

Previous Gamemaster/Event making Experience: Event Planner
Server(s): Darth Networks (theres a new one with different owner but this was an old one)
Time as position: 3/4 weeks (server changed ownership)

(Check off the answer you choose with a “x”.)

Would you consider yourself a good builder?
[X] yes
[ ] no

Experience with Garry’s Mod construction and NPC control: (if none leave blank)

I used to have very little skills and aptitude when it came to creating builds and the control of NPCs but after a long time spent practicing and training from previous Gamemasters such as Myth (who I'm very grateful to) I learned many tricks and over my time on Reborn and various other servers created a wide range of different dupes which were used from simple bunks to full blown ship raids. I understand what can cause issues with the server (those darn lights) and what is acceptable for use which means I can make events which can allow players to have fun without disrupting their experience.

Are you able to create a cohesive story?
[X] yes
[ ] no

Experience with the creation of storylines, and knowledge of star wars lore:

Ever since I fell in love with the Star wars universe after watching one of the movies in cinema, I spent a lot of my childhood reading into the backgrounds of characters and writing stories and as a result I learned a great deal about how to make plots that keep people invested and what to avoid. My prior experience interacting with old and current GMs means I know what people used to enjoy and still do enjoy and I will incorporate this into any events I would make.

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
[x] yes
[ ] no
If so how many times?
[Too many times to count both as GM and user]

Can you work well with others to plan and execute an event?
[X] yes
[ ] no

As a game master what do you desire to do? (ie: Build, create story, etc.):

My desire as a gamemaster would be to create tense, intriguing events that allow the players to think and have a choice in how the event goes down. I want to create RP that links events over periods of time that creates an arc and allows for players to plan and develop their thinking skills which will benefit them in whatever they desire to do on the server, be it advance in their organisations or reach a certain rank in their faction. I enjoy building and seeing how people interact with them in their own unique way and would compensate for this by planning ahead with a variety of alternative routes/ ways that the events can go and by rewarding them or changing the difficulty etc based on the effort they put in. Every gamemaster has their own flair and I think that new players will enjoy a type of event/rp they haven't interacted with yet and the old players will get to enjoy the events I used to create roughly a year ago when I was GM.

Plan an event (story based or building based):

An unknown vessel releases a distress signal from uncharted territory. When ships of the jedi and sith arrive they find the hanger doors are unshielded and they land there. There are parts of tie fighters and x-wings scattered around the hanger. No life signs are detected on the ship. A gonk droid can be awakened (optional) that will assist the players on their mission. They open the first doors to enter a large room which has different parts of droids and machinery being put together to create weaponised droids and load them onto shipping containers. The players need to use different parts to repair the gear mechanism on one of the 3 sets of doors in this room. When the set of doors open up a large cluster of enemy droids are revealed that open fire on the players. The droids are in a room full of books and archives that are mainly either burnt or damaged. Once these droids are defeated they can get to a console which has ship schematics and shows different areas of the ship that are damaged.

There is one set of doors in this room which open up to show an electrical system that is sparking and misalligned for some reason. The players need to work together to hold different parts of the system together and use lightsabers to fuse them and charge them up in order. If they do this in the wrong order the room could either explode or cause serious damage to those present. If/Once the electrical system is repaired they can enter the next room which is one of the 2 engine rooms. The coolant tubes are broken and releasing toxic gas which will kill anyone who spends too long in them. They need to send someone in to repair it as fast as they can. If the coolant is successfully repaired then power can flow through to one of the 2 engines however if they turn the engines on this could lead to damage to the structural integrity of the ship.

The gonk droid leads the group back to the machinery room where a door has opened up as a result of them repairing the electrical generators. This takes them into another archive room that is not as badly damaged as the other. They learn here that the ship was struck by a meteor storm and has taken significant damage to the 2nd engine. A room opens up which has a shield protecting the other end of it. A warning begins flashing saying that radiation is going to soon flood the whole lower ship. The party have 2 minutes to assemble something to damage the 3rd door in the machinery room to get through and lock it again to prevent them from dying. This room is the armoury and they are faced with an even larger group of droids to fight. Once that room is clear they are able to use some equipment to regain any armor or health necessary. There is a large artillery cannon which they can use to bust the last door open or they can attempt to find secret ventillation shafts which leads past the door.

When they enter there is a force user who is surrounded by strange objects which prevents the group from being able to use their midochlorians and harness the force. Some of the group have to hold off the boss whilst the others work on destroying the objects by either getting them off the ship or destroying them with a saber (takes longer to destroy) and once this is done they can access their midochlorians again and must defeat the boss. This sets off a self destruct countdown sequence and everyone must get on board an evac pod at the front of the ship in order to survive. Rolls will be given to all those who survive.

User Administrative Agreement
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
- Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, and neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters
[X]

User Permission Clause
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [name here], have permission from [Croc] to make my application (either via forum private message, steam, or in-game).
I also acknowledge that If I am lying about my permission that I will be denied the right to apply for any Gamemaster position in the future.
[X]

Player Interview
Why should we support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players? (Please elaborate - minimum effort will not be tolerated):

The first reason I think my application should be accepted is due to the fact that I am from EU. If people have something to do in the earlier hours it gives people a motivation to get on earlier and this will mean more people get on earlier and stay on for longer. More rp focused events especially in the earlier hours could possibly increase the player base and this benefits everyone as the higher ranks and org leaders are able to get more people and there is a more of a conflict between factions, which is the sole purpose of the server as a JVS.

Another reason I think my application should be supported is that I have a lot of prior experience as a Gamemaster. I have been lucky enough to have spent a lot of time working with some of the great gamemasters we have had and I know what players look for and enjoy in events. I have always enjoyed making events be it large scale raids or mini rp/ pvp events. This gives me the motivation to make lots of events and keep them varied so that players don't feel things are being repeated just so that there is events going on.

Lastly I think my application should be accepted because despite all the shit I talk, I believe I'm quite a good listener. I know some people are upset with how I act sometimes as I am a little hotheaded and I want you to know that there is nothing personal about that and unfortunately when I get upset the worst of me can come out. However with the responsibility and pressure that comes with being a gamemaster I think I will be a lot more aware of how I act and this will ensure I don't continue acting how I have been in these few moments I've had. The whole purpose of being a trial Gamemaster is to prove if you are worthy of the honour that is Gamemaster and if you are appropriate for it and I wish for this chance to prove once again I can be a good gamemaster.

Everything IG aside, I thank you all for reading this application and wish for your honest opinion on what you think of making the Scotsman a GM once more. <3 - Windu

Status
Not open for further replies.