You're Going to Want to Read This

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlord Miles

Founder
VIP
The last couple of weeks have been a shit show. And I've tried and tried and tried to keep it together. But I'm done and I can't do it anymore. It's time I fully lay everything out.

I just want to start off by saying right at the start, I hold no ill will towards Shepard or Caitlyn. The problems I have are the constant abuse of powers. Right off the bat, every point I make is going to be refuted. I'm well aware of this. There will be a reason behind each and every one of my points. But I'm going to make them anyway.

Lets start from the beginning. I was gone from the community for a couple of days. When I finally joined back, I noticed there was a new person in the team speak, locked in a red channel with Shepard, with a custom tag. Immediately I asked around the community, trying to find out who she was. I was shocked when I found out that it was Shepards girlfriend, someone I had never met, never even heard of, but here she was. Before I go any further, this is my experience. I am not looking down on their relationship, or how it happened. Just my personal experience. I finally introduced myself, Shepard and I talked about it a little, and there's not much else on how we met.

Now lets start off by saying that the rumors of her being given a free CC and Artifact are false. She was purchased a CC and was given an artifact from another player. Whiskey I believe. What isn't much talked about is the free custom artifact that was created for her. The hot Pink one. Now this is only cosmetic and will be chopped up to "let him spoil his girl." And that's correct, Shepard has the ability to do that. But the community has the ability to be angry about it. Especially since there are people in the community that have been playing for far much longer than her and do not have a custom artifact. But I guess people are just jealous that the world isn't fair. (That btw is a dumb point. People can be angry about a bias that is happening within the community. That doesn't mean they are jealous, it just means they don't like it when someone who has been part of the community for less than 3 weeks getting a custom artifact.) On top of this artifact which was only cosmetic, some Gamemasters were told to do xp events and artifact specifically so Caitlyn could participate. Spectre quoting that they did artifact raids out of order so Caitlyn could be a part of this. Now this is something that starts to go beyond cosmetics. This is something that goes beyond people being jealous. When a person has gamemasters go out of their way to do events and artifact raids, specifically so your girlfriend can participate, you start to cross a line.

Now lets discuss the demotion of Dwayne. Dwayne had been on the ropes of being demoted for quite some time. But had done nothing wrong weeks prior to his demotion. One day on the server, Dwayne warned Caitlyn with a meme warn. This sparked problems in OOC. After the warn happened, Caitlyn started to call Dwayne Toxic. Abusive. He has it out for her. "most toxic staff member." Meanwhile Dwayne did not try to escalate it, he just ignored it. That whole thing can be found here https://www.twitch.tv/videos/367775685?filter=archives&sort=time That is a vod of Shepards stream when the arguement started to happen. All that was left out was the warn. Which from Dwaynes side was a meme. Caitlyn called Dwayne a dumb head (or something along the lines) and he warned her for it at an attempt to mess around. She didn't take it well. Shepard then had to end his stream and pull Dwayne and Caitlyn into a channel together, which I then see Dwayne leave a couple of times and get pulled back. Shepard was attempting to put Dwayne on a one week suspension. It then derailed into a full on Demotion, which has now been overturned. Now like I said, Dwayne had been on the ropes for being demoted for awhile, but hadn't done anything too terrible in the past couple of weeks. Until this situation. It was undeserving of a one week suspension or full demotion. I know that now. At the time I agreed with Shepard. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

I'm going to discuss the Myth Warn very shortly. Myth is a gamemaster, they are not to punish players while staff are on. In this situation, Myth saw Caitlyn bhopping a ton around tython. According to him, she was doing it well before he was able to record, hence why we have such little recording. Myth was told to get a staff member to take her to a sit, but Myth warned her for it. This sparked a huge issue between me, myth, shepard, and caitlyn. My ruling on it was that the warn was valid, but Myth was in the wrong for giving the warn. He was to be talked to and slapped with probation for it. The warn was to stay (which when I checked a couple of days later, it was still there.) After coming to that conclusion, I was then bombarded with messages by Caitlyn calling me extremely biased. That I was a horrible friend to Shepard. That I was stressing him out. I also then had to fight Shepard tooth and nail to keep the warn. He says that other staff were dealing with it, but I talked to zero of those staff members, only Shepard. I've never seen him fight that hard for a warn to be removed.

Here's where things start to get fucky. Anzati overthrew ZoZo. People were vocal that they didn't like Anzati. Now prior to this, Anzati was faction leaderbanned. UNTIL Shepard talked to Anzati about unfactionleaderbanning him if he handed it down to Caitlyn. Anzati started to get Cold feet, until Shepard started to throw more into the deal. Loody got unfactionleaderbanned, the Dark Brotherhood got remade, Moxxi was to be unfactionleaderbanned after a couple of weeks as well, and he was to be put on council. The flute hilt was going to have the same damage specs as the kingsblade (which shepard says he already does for custom sabers, so I can't speak much on that.) I immediately was not letting that happen. Doing Shady deals that Anzati was told to never tell anyone crosses a line. You start to lose the trust of community members and friends. I'm telling you guys now because you have the right to now. I thought I had canceled the deal, but low and behold, Caitlyn gets Emperor, Moxxi is on council. Anzati is a high rank. So did the deal not happen?

I cannot speak on the accusation of rules being created to help Caitlyn. There is not 100% to connect those 2 things, even the the timing is quite suspicious. But I'm going to skip over it.

Tupacs ban is an interesting one. After the overthrow happened, and the attackers lost, Caitlyn joins the Teamspeak channel that she, not only was banned out of, but was full of angry people that do not like her. She was told to leave, but was also called a hoe. At this point, my goal was to settle things down. Which I started to do. But then she joined back again. She was finally moved out again and Shepard joined. At this point, Shepard was not happy. He started to ask who called her a hoe, and no one would tell him. Tupac said "no one is going to tell you in here" which Shepard then replied with "Hey Fuck Face, how about you shut the fuck up." Tupac then replied with a pretty harsh insult calling Caitlyn the N word, and then was promptly banned. I then continued to try and calm it down, but too much damage had been done. Now I would like to say that I have a recording of the entire overthrow attempt, and the banned that happened afterwards. So if you don't think thats how it went, I'll gladly give you the footage with some commentary from me afterwards.

As you can see through this entire post, events got worse and worse as time went on. An extreme bias and abuse of powers is present. Rivaling that of Moxxi in his prime.

This is a message specifically to Shepard. You don't know how much it hurts me to make a post like this. You're my best friend, and it kills me to see this stuff happening. But do you remember what I said to you when this deal with Anzati was being argued? I said if Caitlyn gets Emperor this community is going to split. You are going to cause a huge problem. And I'm GOING to be on the side of the Community. I also told you to take her far away from this community. Because I knew all this was going to happen. I knew it 100%. I told you time and time again not to do this. The day before Dwayne got demoted, I told you to demote him for a reason that doesn't involve Caitlyn because of the backlash. The next day you demoted him because of an arguement with Caitlyn. I told you not to help her get Emperor, let her take it. Instead you were right there next to her the entire time. I told you to stay away from these situations and act your role as Owner. Instead you planted yourself like a tree right next to her and fought for her consistently. Every bit of advice I have given, has fallen on deaf ears and I'm tired of it. Reborn is your life. It was you wake up and do almost every day. We can't be critical of Moxxi if we aren't willing to follow our own rules. It's hypocrisy at it's finest. And I know after this post is made, nothing will be the same between us. Your friends tell you what you want to hear. Your best friends will call you out. Don't let our friendship be destroyed. Don't let the community be destroyed. And lastly, don't let yourself be destroyed.

Your friend, your Founder
Michael Miles

The last couple of weeks have been a shit show. And I've tried and tried and tried to keep it together. But I'm done and I can't do it anymore. It's time I fully lay everything out.

I just want to start off by saying right at the start, I hold no ill will towards Shepard or Caitlyn. The problems I have are the constant abuse of powers. Right off the bat, every point I make is going to be refuted. I'm well aware of this. There will be a reason behind each and every one of my points. But I'm going to make them anyway.

Lets start from the beginning. I was gone from the community for a couple of days. When I finally joined back, I noticed there was a new person in the team speak, locked in a red channel with Shepard, with a custom tag. Immediately I asked around the community, trying to find out who she was. I was shocked when I found out that it was Shepards girlfriend, someone I had never met, never even heard of, but here she was. Before I go any further, this is my experience. I am not looking down on their relationship, or how it happened. Just my personal experience. I finally introduced myself, Shepard and I talked about it a little, and there's not much else on how we met.

Now lets start off by saying that the rumors of her being given a free CC and Artifact are false. She was purchased a CC and was given an artifact from another player. Whiskey I believe. What isn't much talked about is the free custom artifact that was created for her. The hot Pink one. Now this is only cosmetic and will be chopped up to "let him spoil his girl." And that's correct, Shepard has the ability to do that. But the community has the ability to be angry about it. Especially since there are people in the community that have been playing for far much longer than her and do not have a custom artifact. But I guess people are just jealous that the world isn't fair. (That btw is a dumb point. People can be angry about a bias that is happening within the community. That doesn't mean they are jealous, it just means they don't like it when someone who has been part of the community for less than 3 weeks getting a custom artifact.) On top of this artifact which was only cosmetic, some Gamemasters were told to do xp events and artifact specifically so Caitlyn could participate. Spectre quoting that they did artifact raids out of order so Caitlyn could be a part of this. Now this is something that starts to go beyond cosmetics. This is something that goes beyond people being jealous. When a person has gamemasters go out of their way to do events and artifact raids, specifically so your girlfriend can participate, you start to cross a line.

Now lets discuss the demotion of Dwayne. Dwayne had been on the ropes of being demoted for quite some time. But had done nothing wrong weeks prior to his demotion. One day on the server, Dwayne warned Caitlyn with a meme warn. This sparked problems in OOC. After the warn happened, Caitlyn started to call Dwayne Toxic. Abusive. He has it out for her. "most toxic staff member." Meanwhile Dwayne did not try to escalate it, he just ignored it. That whole thing can be found here https://www.twitch.tv/videos/367775685?filter=archives&sort=time That is a vod of Shepards stream when the arguement started to happen. All that was left out was the warn. Which from Dwaynes side was a meme. Caitlyn called Dwayne a dumb head (or something along the lines) and he warned her for it at an attempt to mess around. She didn't take it well. Shepard then had to end his stream and pull Dwayne and Caitlyn into a channel together, which I then see Dwayne leave a couple of times and get pulled back. Shepard was attempting to put Dwayne on a one week suspension. It then derailed into a full on Demotion, which has now been overturned. Now like I said, Dwayne had been on the ropes for being demoted for awhile, but hadn't done anything too terrible in the past couple of weeks. Until this situation. It was undeserving of a one week suspension or full demotion. I know that now. At the time I agreed with Shepard. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

I'm going to discuss the Myth Warn very shortly. Myth is a gamemaster, they are not to punish players while staff are on. In this situation, Myth saw Caitlyn bhopping a ton around tython. According to him, she was doing it well before he was able to record, hence why we have such little recording. Myth was told to get a staff member to take her to a sit, but Myth warned her for it. This sparked a huge issue between me, myth, shepard, and caitlyn. My ruling on it was that the warn was valid, but Myth was in the wrong for giving the warn. He was to be talked to and slapped with probation for it. The warn was to stay (which when I checked a couple of days later, it was still there.) After coming to that conclusion, I was then bombarded with messages by Caitlyn calling me extremely biased. That I was a horrible friend to Shepard. That I was stressing him out. I also then had to fight Shepard tooth and nail to keep the warn. He says that other staff were dealing with it, but I talked to zero of those staff members, only Shepard. I've never seen him fight that hard for a warn to be removed.

Here's where things start to get fucky. Anzati overthrew ZoZo. People were vocal that they didn't like Anzati. Now prior to this, Anzati was faction leaderbanned. UNTIL Shepard talked to Anzati about unfactionleaderbanning him if he handed it down to Caitlyn. Anzati started to get Cold feet, until Shepard started to throw more into the deal. Loody got unfactionleaderbanned, the Dark Brotherhood got remade, Moxxi was to be unfactionleaderbanned after a couple of weeks as well, and he was to be put on council. The flute hilt was going to have the same damage specs as the kingsblade (which shepard says he already does for custom sabers, so I can't speak much on that.) I immediately was not letting that happen. Doing Shady deals that Anzati was told to never tell anyone crosses a line. You start to lose the trust of community members and friends. I'm telling you guys now because you have the right to now. I thought I had canceled the deal, but low and behold, Caitlyn gets Emperor, Moxxi is on council. Anzati is a high rank. So did the deal not happen?

I cannot speak on the accusation of rules being created to help Caitlyn. There is not 100% to connect those 2 things, even the the timing is quite suspicious. But I'm going to skip over it.

Tupacs ban is an interesting one. After the overthrow happened, and the attackers lost, Caitlyn joins the Teamspeak channel that she, not only was banned out of, but was full of angry people that do not like her. She was told to leave, but was also called a hoe. At this point, my goal was to settle things down. Which I started to do. But then she joined back again. She was finally moved out again and Shepard joined. At this point, Shepard was not happy. He started to ask who called her a hoe, and no one would tell him. Tupac said "no one is going to tell you in here" which Shepard then replied with "Hey Fuck Face, how about you shut the fuck up." Tupac then replied with a pretty harsh insult calling Caitlyn the N word, and then was promptly banned. I then continued to try and calm it down, but too much damage had been done. Now I would like to say that I have a recording of the entire overthrow attempt, and the banned that happened afterwards. So if you don't think thats how it went, I'll gladly give you the footage with some commentary from me afterwards.

As you can see through this entire post, events got worse and worse as time went on. An extreme bias and abuse of powers is present. Rivaling that of Moxxi in his prime.

This is a message specifically to Shepard. You don't know how much it hurts me to make a post like this. You're my best friend, and it kills me to see this stuff happening. But do you remember what I said to you when this deal with Anzati was being argued? I said if Caitlyn gets Emperor this community is going to split. You are going to cause a huge problem. And I'm GOING to be on the side of the Community. I also told you to take her far away from this community. Because I knew all this was going to happen. I knew it 100%. I told you time and time again not to do this. The day before Dwayne got demoted, I told you to demote him for a reason that doesn't involve Caitlyn because of the backlash. The next day you demoted him because of an arguement with Caitlyn. I told you not to help her get Emperor, let her take it. Instead you were right there next to her the entire time. I told you to stay away from these situations and act your role as Owner. Instead you planted yourself like a tree right next to her and fought for her consistently. Every bit of advice I have given, has fallen on deaf ears and I'm tired of it. Reborn is your life. It was you wake up and do almost every day. We can't be critical of Moxxi if we aren't willing to follow our own rules. It's hypocrisy at it's finest. And I know after this post is made, nothing will be the same between us. Your friends tell you what you want to hear. Your best friends will call you out. Don't let our friendship be destroyed. Don't let the community be destroyed. And lastly, don't let yourself be destroyed.

Your friend, your Founder
Michael Miles
My concern is how do we fix this

Atlas

VIP
My man miles saying it how it is. Well said. Shepard you need to fix this before it gets even worse. This whole drama fest is hurting my brain from the inside. I just want it to end.

Okeas

VIP
Ok so. I can already see this post being ignored. I hate to say it but Shepard's last actions especially in game when I'm RPing my EE character and talking bad about the Empress I get picked up by a physgun and slayed. My words may have come off toxic but I still try to RP and when I attempt to do that and talk bad about another faction that is completely in character. Getting slayed for it was really annoying (and a waste of $2500). Also with the completely custom crystal, Whiskey gave you the original artifact, ok cool. Getting that removed off the server and being replaced with a custom artifact for $60 for free is a bit much for me too. I have said to myself I am tired of what Shepard is doing to the server and I'm going to quit. I just keep on coming back because of all the cool people on the server. Please don't kill this community for one person. Just spend some time IRL instead of on the server while everyone is bowing towards you and her. (or is that a power struggle) Here a list of some fun stuff I got when I was in 8th grade to do in relationships without being sexual if you need it. :) I'll just leave it here. https://cindylellis.wordpress.com/words-to-live-by/101-ways-to-make-love-without-having-sex/
GL man. Just remember people give you money to play on the server. Don't stop that flow of money because they are unhappy with everything above :)

Maven

VIP
Mad respect to you Miles. You can't imagine how much we appreciate your voice in these times. Putting your friendship on the line to do, and say what is right.
Thank you. Thank you a lot.

Dwayne

VIP
Miles and I have been taking this issue head on for a while, where as Miles takes the kinder side of the approach and let's it play out I have enough experience to predict what is going to happen and to put my foot down to make sure that doesn't happen, thus the falling out of Shepard and I the past month, many of you know I'm very vocal about my opinion and very blunt about the things I say, It's not meant to hurt anyone or belittle them it's just how I am, I don't know how to sugar coat things. Miles and I advised on removing Moxxi a long time ago because of these exact actions and more when he was Founder, now that it is Shepard it changes everything, where as Moxxi would use your friendship then throw it away once you realize you are getting the shit end of things. Shepard was a friend, someone that actually cared even though he had a community to run it was something that was always nice to know, he lent money to Crack when his family got kicked out of their house and couldn't pay the bills, he kindly made me an artifact for my 2 years of contribution to the server being an SA for over a year and a half. Granted not all people like me and get along with me I can say I don't hold grudges, so that argument we had a few months ago, I got over and you still hate me for. Enough going off topic from whatever the fuck I'm saying about myself, I've watched Shepard go from this man who you could hold accountable for all things he did, to someone who threw away most of his friendships and his respectable name for a egirl, everyone wants to find love Shepard, but when the high staff all tell you it's a bad idea, could you please listen? I came at you a very abrupt and intense way, Miles has approached you a very gentle and soft mannered way, Danny even gave it to you straight chief. What other way is there to tell you, you're fucking up hardcore and it's worse than the Moxxi staff team split! You're literally splitting the community, your source of income, YOUR CREATION. When you pulled me into a channel and demoted me for the Caitlyn reason, I begged you to not let this affect your friendship with Danny and Miles, as ours was already fucked, I asked you to not let it get this far..... I'm sure you remember, because it was with great pain those were my last words to you. Yet, it has gotten this far and I cannot do anything to save the community so many of us love, it's literally all you Shepard.

Status
Not open for further replies.