Liam's Gamemaster Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam

Game Master Application

Steam name: [Cola] Liam
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:122752424
Ingame name(s): Liam/Tron/Lime
Current play time: I have played Reborn for around two years now, but I really couldn’t say how many hours I have put into reborn. (It has been my main server for most of them two years though).
Time in Garry’s Mod: 5400
Amount of warns: 2

Previous Gamemaster/Event making Experience: Event Manager
Server(s): Cosmic gaming (SWRP)
Time as position: 3 months
Previous Gamemaster/Event making Experience: Gamemaster/Senior Gamemaster
Server(s): Reborn Gaming
Time as position: 5-6 Months

(Check off the answer you choose with a “x”.)

Would you consider yourself an good builder?
[x] yes
[ ] no

Experience with Garry’s Mod construction and NPC control: (if none leave blank)
With construction I have been playing garrys mod for years and used to build a lot of bunks, bases, event boxes, mini games, and used unique tools. I am very precise and focus a lot on detail and attention to my builds. I am experienced with most if not all of the gmod tools and learnt to use them with high skill.
Are you able to create a cohesive story?
[x] yes
[ ] no

Experience with the creation of storylines, and knowledge of star wars lore:
I am a very creative person and love to re-write storylines of previous star wars adventures. I have a very specific mindset that is adaptable to many situations and love to make new stories that last for longer spans of times rather than just getting a single storyline that has no previous or further care given to it. I have watched all of the star wars movies available to me and been a star wars fan myself for around seven years. I have seen star wars clone wars all the way through over five times and use the ideas that the story line gives me to recreate unique events and be able to bring new enjoyment to Reborn Gaming through my high experience in this sector.

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
[x] yes
[] no
If so how many times?
[Hosted over 100 events and helped in a bunch]

Can you work well with others to plan and execute an event?
[x] yes
[ ] no

As a game master what do you desire to do? (ie: Build, create story, etc.):
As a game master I would like to spread my time between building and creating events as I am good with both however, I would put more time into creating a proper full story so that I can create an event that the active players will be able to grasp easier. Although I believe I have a creative mind and creating stories would be a specialty for me I also would like to help in the building part of events to the point of making puzzles and making unique ways for players to progress through events. During the creation of my stories I want to ensure that the event is also giving all players the chance to enjoy and progress in them, whether it be through, levels, sith/jedi/EE, Trooper etc.
Plan an event (story based or building based):
“Jedi, Sith, Eternal empire and all those who seek this message, I call for your assistance. This may be my last stand but the war must halt until this new threat is cleared. I left the jedi order in seek of this unclear passage, my mission only known to one, Master Jacob. The reason I call for you on this day is because Master Jacob became corrupted as I returned with some valuable information. Jacob attacked me and left me trapped under the caves of Endor for all this time. Master Jacob has resurfaced and it’s your mission to find him and stop his Army Of The Ranter. My original mission discovered a new weapon, the Genophical as they call it. A weapon that can wipe out any living thing on an entire planet. It’s first targets are the very planets you call home, Tython, Korriban and Tatooine. If you do not put your skills, force and lightsabers together this weapon will destroy all of you, leaving a corrupted Jedi in power of the entire galaxy. Find him and do not let him finish the weapon, it is our only ho… No… No… No… Master Ja… Aaaahhhh.” (Transmission ended)(Here I would create a video of a Jedi model commentating this dialog, followed by an attack from Master Jacob, if possible this could be shown at the start of an event on a TV.)
All the players will be placed in a large box, this box will have lots of features and objects inside. The event will begin as an RP event and then develop into a PVE event. To begin the players will be tasked with completing a puzzle that is the lock to the building. This will use ‘Precision Axis’ to make rotatable blocks allowing for the players to turn the blocks until the designated puzzle is completed unlocking the vault door for 30 seconds. (happy to create an example if need be).
After unlocking the main door the players will be faced with two Elite Ranter Guards (Bosses) on the ground with around 8 Elite Ranter Troopers with a height advantage in a U shape covering the room on all sides apart from the side the players entered from. Upon the removing of the troopers and BOTH Elite Ranter Guards the players must collect the two keys that fall once the guard has died and enter them into the holes at the same time, opening the forward door.
The players will then progress through multiple rooms fighting troopers and defensive systems de-activating them along the way. Two rooms in the players will have the opportunity to take a difficult detour to collect a mechanic who was captured and used to design the Genophical, a dangerous but rewarding if successful detour.
Upon continuation on the main path the players will find the final room, in which the Genophical is placed in the centre of and behind the weapon sits the corrupted master, Master Jacob and a familiar voice. Master Joe, the lost jedi from the transmission. The Master is being held in an electric hold and looks heavily injured. The fight long and tough will leave many dead and ends only when the corrupted master is injured and flees with what is believed to be the Genophical’s blueprint. Behind he leaves a 96% completed version of Genophical and all his Credits, legendary crystals and rare items, that the survivors split as a gratitude of their success (rolls).
His escape has lead to the possible threat in the future, but his secret is exposed, and although the jedi, sith and Eternal Empire may go their separate ways he cannot hide as he did before, Corrupted Master Jacob will be faced again. Master Joe re-joins the order and pledges himself as primary focus on finding Jacob and the remaining Ranter Army…

User Administrative Agreement
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
- Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, and neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters
[x]

User Permission Clause
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [Liam], have permission from [IROCONIAN & Shepard] to make my application (either via forum private message, steam, or in-game).
I also acknowledge that If I am lying about my permission that I will be denied the right to apply for any Gamemaster position in the future.
[x]

Player Interview
Why should we support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players? (Please elaborate - minimum effort will not be tolerated):

I believe that you should support my application for many reasons, first of all I have a lot of experience on GMOD and the server itself. As mentioned earlier I have over 5400 hours on GMOD, and have watched a lot of starwars. This gives me the advantage of knowing a lot about the idea of the server and starwars itself, allowing me to produce fun, enjoyable and realistic story lined based events off of my previous knowledge. Further as many of your guys know I was previously a Sernior Gamemaster before my exams starter.

Another reason why I should get your support is due to my creative mind and dedication to planning and organising events to ensure that they go as smoothly as possibly while keeping them unique and fun.

I am further a good team member, willing to work, help, aid and teach others how to improve and give ideas on joint work and events for the server itself.

In addition I am a very active player and live in the UK, giving me a unique timezone to some of the current game masters. Although I live in the UK im usually on till late during weekdays and throughout the weekend I stay on most of my night.

I also understand that I am not perfect and am full on willing to see my faults and improve on them for the sake of my possible position, the players and the server itself.

Thankyou.

Note: Gamemaster are not administrative staff. Gamemaster should not use their powers for anything besides their events. Unless instructed to do otherwise by Head Admin +.

Liam

I played that for about a week and thats because I have a week off before exams start again so I took a break from revising. <3

Liam

I understand I haven't been playing long since I got back. However people say the GM team needs help and I know what im doing. So im simply offering my help. :)

Okeas

VIP
-1, From my memory, you kinda stopped caring toward the end of your gm time. You stopped following a few rules and made a few of staff's jobs hard. Also, get your activity up if it's as bad as people have been saying.

Whiskey

Maybe change your event from your old application. Show us that you can come up with something new and not just a copy and paste of old stuff.

Reactions: Bob

MojangZ

My exams are coming to a finish. So I have free time now to get back into the server.
-1. You extremly mingey on your other lifes and if barrly play anymore. Just because you exams are ending doesnt mean you should just post an app. You need to be active for at least 2 weeks so you can get to know other people on the server better.

Last edited:
+1 we need more gm's and he has experience, even if he is inactive he can runs occasional events which would buff the amount of fun you can have on the server

Status
Not open for further replies.