A Problem with Emperor. -Rocky

Well, this is for those people that have been trying so hard to keep the Emperor what it should be. The Emperor rank should not be ran by the SA's or Founders as it has for more than a year. When Moxxi was around, nobody could stop him from taking Emperor as he pleased and claiming the Sith as his. Everyone hated this, for the fact that he did not thing but sit in that seat until he got bored and ruined the Sith as a whole again and again. While all at the same time barely anybody outside of Lackeys, Staff or random people would claim the throne. Maven was new to the server, he had right intentions and he was picked for Emperor. My thought process behind that was... angry for the fact that barely anybody knew Maven to begin with and the fact that he was given Emperor when he was new and didn't have the experience required to run the Sith. But my main point is, that SA's need to step off Emperor. Founders and Owners aswell unless the Sith are in a dire situation that requires their attention. We need a new line of Emperors, ones that are not affiliated by the Staff team or Moxxi. We need a Sith that is independent and ran by themselves. Just as the EE. Let the Sith have their peace, let us have what we strived for as of more than a year. People like Dwayne, who can manage to go from Grand Master to Emperor in a week is not fair for anybody. Nothing against Dwayne, but it isn't fair to people who deserve the position. People like Myself, Premium, Robinson, Jump, Jax and others who dedicate MONTHS of time to the Sith for fruitless ventures. This is both a petition and a request that we remove the fact that SA's get to take Emperor as they please. And the Sith as a whole may have their chance for the seat.

Jaffa

VIP
They take the positions they deserve at the time, Shepard is sorting out Jedi that is why he is in that position, when someone is suitable then that position may be vacant. The current Emperor got it by overthrowing which is in the rules. it's how it goes. Nothing was done due to staff position or anything. If you deserve the position then do exactly what Dwayne did to get it. Overthrow. Earn your seat. Maven had no affiliations with the other emperor which is why he got the seat at the time. It was necessary, however, the position was taken fairly. if you deserve the position then earn it. You wont be given what you deserve in the sith, you need to take it. a petition would do nothing.

Cloak

VIP
I'm gonna have to agree with Jaffa here. No super admin powers or decisions was taken in place when this happend, it was earned fair and square by doing what he did. Overthrow. Maven trusted Dwayne way too much and that's what went wrong here.

I will say a number of things before anyone else responds. Nothing against any SA's or anyone higher staff. But what I am saying is that SA is a feared rank just as Founder was. It's a feared position that in all honesty is seen by the actions Moxxi does. I am not accusing Dwayne of any actions that Moxxi did, but it's the same scenario where everyone fears that rules will be broken or bent and he will be there for three months. And that is why it is a problem. I do not think Emperor should be taken away from Dwayne currently, he will from what I can tell do a great job as Emperor. And he earned it fairly as most people will say. But in the future, it should be avoided at all costs. And the fact that SA's are meant to help and aid factions if they become dire, not take them and lead it themselves when they feel like it.

Last edited:

Cloak

VIP
Well Rocky, keep in mind that Super Admins are allowed to RP aswell. If Dwayne feels that he can take the position and is ready for it he should be allowed in the Emperor position just like everyone else.

Ventum

In all honesty the Super Admin rank shouldn't "Scare" anyone while in roleplay. If an administrator pulls OOC rank into an IC dispute/conversation, that is just Fail Roleplay and can be reported as such. Granted while the average person would probably speak more openly to a S-Gamemaster rather than a S-Admin just due to that rank, the same can be said for when a new player joins and is unaware of the person(s) Staff Rank and talks to them like they don't have it.

The Emperor title itself gives off a vibe that radiates around everyone, permeating in a sort of pseudo fear that makes the people around this Emperor feel compelled to not question them (in public) and not talk back to them. The only exception to this being the average minge whom doesn't care about anything or anyone.

As for the Staff in high ranks, I really only think you care about Dwayne in this situation, due to the fact if you cared about Shepard being GM, you would've posted this a few days ago. As for Shepard, he has done good things with the Jedi in the past and is only in the position to sort out the Jedi and put someone worthy in his position, so him being Grandmaster is definitely just temporary.

Though Dwayne is a different story, Dwayne has been Emperor before, I've witnessed it. And he has all of the qualities an average Emperor would have, ruthless, strong, unforgiving, etc. These qualities are sometimes needed in roleplay especially as an Emperor where your job is you leading a faction that has committed atrocity after atrocity, the Sith are no peace faction, that's for sure. Though I can't help but feel dissatisfied of how Dwayne got Emperor, I mean he got Wrath the same day he overthrew and it was over within a minute, Dwayne killed Maven in the DC chambers within that minute and it was over. His reason for doing so being very vague and not giving anyone much insight to his true plans for the Sith.

As for his staff rank, why does it matter? Staff Members are just people like us. The only issue that could rise is if they start putting other Staff Members/friends into high positions like Dark Council, Emperor's Hand, Voice, Wrath, and Adviser. Which I've seen a new Wrath put in (Mig I believe). We will just have to see how he performs as Wrath. But nonetheless, under his SuperAdmin tag, Dwayne is a person like the rest of us, a person who has feelings, ideas, and outlooks on the Sith.

Lastly, if Dwayne were to go about it a different way, I feel as if he would have been much more accepted as a returning Emperor, rather than just forcefully taking it away from a up and coming Emperor who was proving to work mildly well so far. In my opinion, Dwayne should have gone about it a different way, but I do not feel as if his rank should be an indicator of which should be taken into consideration when contemplating whether he is a good Emperor or not. If the next 10 Emperors are all Admins+ and they all run Sith well, who gives a fuck really?

Rightpop

In my opinion if you think you deserve emporer, take it from them and overthrow to take it for yourself, don't wait for them to step down or something else.

Luna

VIP
When was the last time a normal player was emperor, not mod or anything just a normal vip.

I can agree, and relate to the whole scare part of things. Having someone with the power to, warn ban and whatever you flying boyos do on the throne will in a way keep people from doing things because they fear the thing that the person can do to you. Im not saying dwayne is abusive, in fact he's very sexy n cool n stuff. When moxxi sat on the throne noone wanted to do anything about it since he would just resolve everything (or alot of things) with powerabuse, and i think people still feel this way. Having normal players on the throne can cause a more action filled and more suspenceful way of playing. But i do belive that dwayne should keep the throne for now, untill he eventually gets overthrown. And if abuse occurs it should be solved by shepard.

A player on a throne should not be an SA Owner anything but if no one else stepps up then so be it. Not sure why they over threw but its whatever I got demoted for being moxxi's friend legit they asked "Are you close to moxxi still" in the dc chambers the rp was very immense xd

J

Jax Vahali

Well said, we as a faction need new ideas, instead of in a never ending loop of the same people getting emperor, unless it is required to save the faction.

Dwayne

VIP
My opinion on the matter is, it seems as if most assume SA's arent allowed to be in a position of power because of their staff rank. Thus meaning SA's can only rp as far as masters or darths. At the same time I understand the concerns coming from said Founders recent removal. I overthrew and the only person affected from the high ranking Sith was rocky. Thus where I think most of his feelings are coming from. I let the Sith pick whether or not they wanted to stay on the high ranking council and I allowed Maven's last wishes as Emperor to be fulfilled. My SA rank has nothing to do with my rp rank. If you have the means a player could do the same.

You should be over seeing "Your Staff" not an empire I agree with Rocky we need a new cycle it'll be a lot more fun for players. In advanced I thought this exact way about Moxxi being emperor to it just shouldnt of been a thing for an owner to be an emperor

Dwayne

VIP
So by my staff rank I am not allowed to hold a high position.
You should be over seeing "Your Staff" not an empire I agree with Rocky we need a new cycle it'll be a lot more fun for players. In advanced I thought this exact way about Moxxi being emperor to it just shouldnt of been a thing for an owner to be an emperor

So by my staff rank I am not allowed to hold a high position.
If you want the bluntest answer, yes. Being an SA means you have the hardest jobs on the server, and the question more is if you do need the rank. Not that you do not deserve it. Because when you overthrew Maven, he wasn't killing the Sith. He wasn't corrupt or a bad person or a meme. Simply he made the VERY common mistake of trying to bend around the truth. Which is something every new emperor goes through. And that is why I am saying this.

Jaffa

VIP
Maven ran into a trap being a new emperor and he learnt from this, I hope his mistake also made others learn too. Making yourself open like that is a bad choice and someone will captilise on it. it's the sith way, this is still an RP about sith which is exactly what they do, Sith crave power and will kill in order to get it, do you think a sith would just leave something alone and always have that person with more power lord over them? "through strength I gain power, through power I gain victory" it's literally in the code. As shepard said, dedicated players typically end up being staff and some long time players eventually get to SA. Dwayne is still a player and deserves all the same priviledges that everyone else on the server does. The only issue I see here rocky is that you want to be given emperor without actually taking it like everyone else has. only on extreme circumstances does someone get put on the throne by shepard stepping in.

The faction should not be in such a dire state that the owner has to step in to fix the problems, then it doesn't look good for peoples chances for emperor. this is an extreme case ofc. But also, you're saying that if a player becomes an SA then they must step down? so if an emperor was doing a fantastic job, gets to emperor they must then step down and not get it again until they leave? SA's have the most authority and the hardest job, they need some down time RP too if they want, by only having them be staff and never aspire to the higher ranks in RP what keeps them playing? they are still players at the end of the day.

Yes, 1 person may have been a bit irresponsible with their powers in the past and perhaps cast a shadow, but maybe Dwayne can be the one to bring it back and stop this fear that's going around. I don't understand why people fear him anyway, if he messes up and you have proof just like with any player, put in a report and shepard can handle it. They are still held to the same level of rules as any other player.

Last edited:
When was the last time a normal player was emperor, not mod or anything just a normal vip.
I became Emperor while I was a normal VIP so I guess 3 or 4 months ago, but then again Emperors don't swap out too often often so the time shouldn't matter too much. After reading everything on here I believe that Super Admins should be able to become Emperor if they're able to legitimately overthrow or have it handed down to them. As others have said, they're players too and just because they're high ranking staff doesn't mean they don't want to/have the time to enjoy themselves on the server. The only concern I have with Dwayne being Emperor is his activity considering what happened while he had Grandmaster. But only time will tell, if worse comes to worst then you can just overthrow him.