A Problem with Emperor. -Rocky

Highlord Miles

Founder
VIP
Common Misconception. Staff get high ranking positions in RP because they're staff.

Truth. Staff often get high ranking positions because they often know how to RP and are fit for the role.

Used to have this argument all the time in the past. While you are in the Faction Leadership position, you have a spotlight shone on you.Whether you capitalize on it or not is up to you. Most times, the faction leader becomes staff. And most often, they return to the faction leader position after time has passed because usually they are fit for it.

That being said, I think the fear that a lot of players had about not being able to fight against a staff member who is in a faction leader position, should be almost nonexistent. At one point, Moxxi looked untouchable and made a lot of players quit, but because we now have precedence on the matter, players should feel more comfortable reporting staff for abusing powers and ultimately come out on top in those scenarios. Now I'm not saying it's the easiest thing in the world and it'll happen immediately, I mean Moxxi was in power for quite some time. But it's not impossible.

Moxxi's fall from the top now shows that no one is immune to the rules in place.

P

Pallox

Just saying Moxxi's fall was when he got Perma'd and half the grand master spots are chosen by Shepard

Shepard

Founder
Just saying Moxxi's fall was when he got Perma'd and half the grand master spots are chosen by Shepard
thats because moxxi had his hand so far up all your asses yall couldnt even remember how to speak on your own. its easy to rule when everyone follows you blindly for free promos and artifacts.

1 more shitposting comment.
Y’all say I’m toxic as hell and you never are rude but you “discuss” sorry good sire I do not agree with this not being toxic, it’s obviously about Rocky being mad that he lost something and staff should be allowed to keep high ranks just a lot of these emepors me staff mid way through being emp, because they need more passive time stuff to do ya know?

Shepard

Founder
No one could stop moxxi? He legit let people get Darth he knew that would overthrow, and guess what? They did.
Are you talking about the time he did die and then cried that he got ddos'ed?

or maybe when he got overthrown and no clipped into the wall?

or maybe the other times he cried to me and i took pitty on him and rezed him?

Truly an unstoppable warrior to be feared for the rest of time.

you should keep your nose out of conversations you wernt around for and keep it in moxxi's ass. he loves brown nosers

Last edited:

Shepard

Founder
oh im well aware and when people did stand up to him and beat him he cried about it and got it reverted lol.

Premium

Eh If anything that needs to be done is at least a 2 week grace period. I do not think Dwayne should get removed off Emperor as he took it fair and square and SA's should be able to have high positions. I think everyone was just mad that a ''player'' was taken off Emperor after such a long drought but I think what needs to be done is just a longer grace for the emperor to settle in and see how things go but idk its just a suggestion I JUST WORK HERE OKAY RELAX GUYS

Cruen

thats because moxxi had his hand so far up all your asses yall couldnt even remember how to speak on your own. its easy to rule when everyone follows you blindly for free promos and artifacts.
You murdered his ass. Good god

Are you talking about the time he did die and then cried that he got ddos'ed?

or maybe when he got overthrown and no clipped into the wall?

or maybe the other times he cried to me and i took pitty on him and rezed him?

Truly an unstoppable warrior to be feared for the rest of time.

you should keep your nose out of conversations you wernt around for and keep it in moxxi's ass. he loves brown nosers
I was just saying he has been overthrown before. I’m trying to agree with you Shepard, that normal players HAVE gotten high positions before.

Okeas

VIP
I don't understand. I've read this entire thread and I still don't understand why you don't want high council/emperor to be a staff member. Most of the time the most active people on the server are staff. Dwayne overthrew fair and square. Maven put too much trust in him it was his downfall. Most of the time when a person on the server starts to get into a high position they apply for staff because they're going to be more active and it's more likely it will be accepted because more people know them. A couple of Dwayne's cabinet are non staff and his voice is a G-VIP. I think that just because someone holds a position as staff they shouldn't be allowed to gain the highest role in the server. I believe the main reason why you made this thread was because you were mad because you lost the position as hand. In the sith Dwayne can do basically anything he wants. If you thought this was unfair I should suggest you go to Jedi where it's more diplomatic and you can defend yourself.

Everyone believes I made this post because I angry for losing my position, but in fact the entire reason for me making the post was because now I ain't liable to get punished for making it. I am pretty sure the reasoning for my demotion to Lord was because of this post, like I cared after about three months of being hand. In the long run, I made this post because I was at the low point needed to say it. And if I may ask for the simplistic favor, quit accusing me of being angry or salty over things I am not. Instead be a friend and actually get to know me and why I think these things. And if anyone has questions on my opinion, I am usually in my channel.

Here's my take on the matter, and I said this in the discord:

It shouldn't matter what OOC rank you are. If you have the strive and the amount of skill it takes to take the position of Emperor for yourself without using your staff powers, then good on you. Staff shouldn't be restricted from ranks just because they're trying to help the server grow and prosper. By that logic, Rocky, you should never have been allowed to be Wrath/Voice as moderator. The only time staff shouldn't be allowed to have high up positions is if they're abusing their power in that position, and if that's the case, their staff role should be reconsidered as well. As for GM and Shepard, y'all have no right to complain about an SA or an Owner taking a position temporarily in order to set up rules and regulations for Faction Leaders, as well as giving an example of how future leaders should be. As long as they don't pull a Moxxi and stay in power via bullshit and whining, then whatever.

The Staff team is full of normal people who just want to help the server out. You shouldn't try to make it so that the people who have put the most time and the most effort into making sure the server is the best that it can be are unable to actually play like normal and roleplay like the rest of us. It's unfair to them.