Can We Stop Changing Rules Mid Overthrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thoroughly agree with Mr. Dick. This has been a problem that has plagued us for quite some time. And that is, immediate decision making, especially around rules, and not spreading the word. The rule we added in about adverting was discussed very little during the staff meeting, and nothing else was added except the base rule of having to advert Assist while assisting in an overthrow. During the overthrow, we saw how little the rule had been discussed, because there were countless other problems that, instead of letting happen until we could discuss it in the staff meeting, they were immediately patched. This caused issues between all the players involved. Which again highlights the importance of what we are doing here as staff.

I'm going to use my Moxxi line. Our Goal as Staff on the server is to make sure that the player base is happy, and that the server is healthy. When rules are made, they are to benefit the server, not ourselves. If higher staff help put faction leaders into their place, it should be from a completely unbiased staff point of view, not on how we personally feel or how personally close we are to the person. This goes for Higher staff more than it does for staff in general. The closer we get to situations, and I mean personally attached to them, the harder it is for us to not only make an unbiased decision, but also for the community to see us as someone to trust. An example I will use is Shepard and Caitlyn. It does not matter if you are actually creating rules to benefit her, or if you are personally giving her something. People will always, and I mean always, connect the dots. They will always see it is that, especially since the timing of everything was rather peculiar. There comes a point where a separation needs to be made, not only to protect the community, but also to protect your personal relationship. Gmod is toxic, extremely toxic. And when relationships are made and aren't handled like Faerie and Charger did it, it tends to get stressed very quickly.

I will admit something, that some of you know. The server isn't fun for me. Reborn-Gaming hasn't been really fun for me for quite some time. And honestly that's okay. It's not supposed to be fun for me. I take joy in the people I talk to in the teamspeak, but not the server itself. Why? Because I helped make ideas and rules that I personally don't have fun with or like. But it helps the server, and keeps it healthy. Do I have a bias on somethings? Absolutely. Do I try to put them aside when making decisions? Yes. Dwayne is an example. He is one of my good friends, and I've sadly had to say time and time again that he has done things in the past he should have been removed for. I know Caitlyn might think I have a bias towards her, and thats untrue. Everytime a dispute has come up, I've only tried to keep Shepards public image healthy by trying to dissuade him from getting too close to the situation. To not involve himself. To let other staff handle it. To separate personal life from his source of income. Sadly time and time again, I've been ignored. But in the end, it's his community. He has the final say.

On the teamspeak issue last night. It was a horrible idea to join the channel of the group of people that just tried to overthrow you. That was an absolutely horrible idea. Especially when you were asked to leave, and you came back. I know your tag lets you join any channel, but just please make sure to use it to join channels you aren't banned out of. Now I tried to calm everyone down last night in that teamspeak. Even when the insults started to fly the first time. Which is what Shepard should have done when he joined. But he was heated like everyone else, and Tupac got banned for it. Both sides were heated and should have taken a second to calm down, before anything was said.

Edit: I'm sorry if this post upsets anyone. But I have to be honest.

I don't have anything else to say. The people that got PK'd for leaving probably should get their levels back and their lives back, but remain in exile.
This brings a tear to my eye. If only we got this WOK back in the day, and hats off to you Dan.

Last edited:
It was put into place so people that weren't initially in it don't join in(such as anyone who is neutral then decides to assist) after time is up as well as helping staff keep stuff organized.

Status
Not open for further replies.