Crossroads

IROCONIAN

We will always be here. I think the reaction from Reborn is pretty unselfish. you are the most liked person on the server and really have a blast with us in events.

it was always a pleasure working with you on events or even me just baiting people into attacking you on Tatooine to see if you would devestator them.

We are similiar in a few regards. We both have a family and it has been 2 1/2 years for me trying to find a balance between family and fun. in most cases it is a no brainer but when I have invested so much time trying to augment Reborn with videos, docs and spreading lore, i feel guilty when i spend time on the server.

The hay day for some has passed and they are not sure how to get it back, but online is a microcosm of society without the filter. i log off for a day or two here and there due to us nor havinf a real way to communicate with each other without a dagger being present.

I am encouraged to pursue my interests by my family but when that interest becomes a burden you have to cut ties. Think of REBORN as a soup, it may too hot for some, but given time and a vent we can cool this community to get on a chill level.

My family will always come first, but i have to be a part of that. I do my best to take care of myself physically and mentally to prepare for the onslaught of responsibility. I was put on this earth for my wife and child and i am blessed to have had a healthy release of daily angst and being able to unwind with people all-over the world.

take time off and come back as founder.

you are truly appreciated and your post got my wife punching me on the shoulder. initially she thought i wrote it as i have had recently a terrible period of uncertainty.

Godspeed Croc

Alaska

Seriously take a break man, a gmod server, no matter how important, should never lead to genuine stress and loss of faith. I've done it too many times before in other communities and it never ends well, just take a break and focus on other things it'll seriously help you out. Gmod is a game, and don't forget that fact. It's meant to be fun.

CMDR Croc

Forum Manager
Honestly the responses have been very helpful, and y’all made this grown man tear up at times.

So I’m going to take a long look at this and, will most likely take an LOA. But I will first sort things out by arranging people where they need to go so all the bases are covered in the server.

I plan to talk with Shepard, Moxxi, the other SA’s, GM’s, and other staff and try to sort out what’s to be done and who goes where.

Thank you all again.

Honestly the responses have been very helpful, and y’all made this grown man tear up at times.

So I’m going to take a long look at this and, will most likely take an LOA. But I will first sort things out by arranging people where they need to go so all the bases are covered in the server.

I plan to talk with Shepard, Moxxi, the other SA’s, GM’s, and other staff and try to sort out what’s to be done and who goes where.

Thank you all again.
Don't ya mean 'grown crocodile'?

Boomer

VIP
Take a break man you need it, I’d like to keep my mental and physical health safe over a video game any day. Stay safe, croc.

So. A lot has been happening. Both in server and out. And it’s weighing on me.

The thought has crossed my mind to leave, or even drop to a spot like Myth or Spectre ( guys that can staff/run an event at leisure but mostly staff off the staff radar)

I want to stay. I want to help this community grow and make fun events and staff. But things aren’t going so well.

Personal life is a bit stressed. Getting a new house, raising a kid, working 2 jobs.

I don’t know what to do.

There’s so much more but, I made this post not to complain or ramble or quit. We all have hard times and issues now and then and well... stress.

But that doesn’t make me upset. This constant states of toxicity does and it’s only gotten worse as time has gone on.

So I’m asking. Seriously. What should I do.

This isn’t to attack anyone else or even drag any drama. This post is to help me figure out what I am to do. If you all can help, I’d be more than welcome to it.

Thanks in advanced.
Hey croc, you gave me GVIP when I was level 40. I'll never forget that. That's been a big reason as to why I've stayed with the server. You take your time. I've spent enough time with Iroc to know that shit outside of life when you're older is fucking tough. And I think I speak for everyone when I say that no one is expecting you to stop caring for your kid or to not buy a house. You do things at your pace, and when you get on just know people will be happy to see you back. :)