Dunkin's GameMaster Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunkin

VIP
Steam name: Dunkin
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:178054883
Ingame name(s): Dunkin and NotDunkin
Current play time: 3 or 4 months (Left to Australia for 2 months that are not included in the play time for my father’s work)
Time in Garry’s Mod:
Amount of warns: 0

Previous Gamemaster/Event making Experience:
Server(s):
Undead, Gaming Light (Military RP)
Time as position: Undead: 4 months, Gaming Light: 6 months

(Check off the answer you choose with a “x”.)

Would you consider yourself an good builder?
[X] Yes
[] No

Do you have experience with Garry’s Mod construction and NPC control: Yes, undead had a wonderful system of teaching going over in-depth of what is really used for NPCs and what not to touch. Garry’s Mod construction really came from playing a lot of DarkRP. I also got most of the construction skills from Undead. GamingLight rarely used NPCs, but when we did it was to either shoot the opposing faction using no target on the side you were currently with.

Are you able to create a cohesive story?
[X] Yes
[ ] No

Experience with the creation of storylines, and knowledge of star wars lore: Undead use to have a system where you were tested on the Clone Wars episodes to see if you knew basic lore and if you wished to go further other movies were thrown into the mix in the tests. In conclusion my knowledge of Star Wars lore is decent. I would not say I am the best at lore, but I can hold my place against some others. Next the creation of story lines is almost second hand to me. At undead we had an event story line all GMs knew, and we had a lot that were just either made up on the spot or we planned them with each other frequently. The moments where we had our single story moments I believe I could create stories pretty well under stress and in a short amount of time.

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
[X] Yes
[] No
If so how many times?
[Once]

Can you work well with others to plan and execute an event?
[X] Yes
[ ] No

As a game master what do you desire to do? (ie: Build, create story, etc.): I truly want to work with other game masters to create the best experience and the best stories for others. I really would want to create stories and when it is needed to build in events as well. I also desire to bring the game master team super close family and be comfortable to work with each other.

Plan an event (story based or building based):
Building part:
The planet being Tatooine. I would place a crashed cargo ship on tat. with a smoke effect originating from the crashed ship. There will be NPCs with blasters of my choice and a few selected Sith participators whilst the Sith being no targeted to boost immersion and all-around seriousness. I would then place a few barriers for Republic Troopers and some other objects to fit the crashed cargo ship scene. The Jedi would have 1 life and the troopers having 2 (Watch those who switch so that they cannot ruin the event if they have already died on a Jedi life). Next, I will have the chosen Sith actors pulled into a channel and teleported to me and have them either chose a role for the event themselves or I chose it randomly for them. Then I will also have them change their name to relatively the same name for the event, so I can bring them back and keep track of their deaths. The last building part would be some “runes” on the ground that lead up to another event further down the road (I am taking screenshots of them to assist the Jedi if they have forgotten). Optional: Adding a boss with a base health of 25000 and progressively getting harder as time goes on.

Story: There was reports of a crashed Sith ship from stolen Sith comms reported on the planet tatooine. There were reports of droids and some Sith Lords with an unidentified individual within the Sith ranks. Whilst in the report of the crashed cargo ship they hear that it carries extremely vital information for an upcoming Sith raid on the Jedi’s temple.

Execution of event: I will pull 3 or 4 Sith actors to participate within the event. They will all be well rounded people to ensure a fair event. After informing the actors I will then inform the highest-ranking Jedi about the layout of the event if there are no other GMs to help me with the event. The Jedi will be called to their meeting area and will be informed of some of the event/mission. They will then teleport to tat. and follow their orders from their leaders. Their outcome is based off how they deal with the situation.

User Administrative Agreement
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
- Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, and neglect of the responsibilities placed on Gamemasters
[X]

User Permission Clause
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, Dunkin , have permission from "Cause" to make my application (either via forum private message, steam, or in-game).
I also acknowledge that If I am lying about my permission that I will be denied the right to apply for any Gamemaster position in the future.
[X]

Player Interview
Why should we support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players? (Please elaborate - minimum effort will not be tolerated): I believe I am more qualified for a few reasons. The first reason being my time zone. My time zone is MST which means I am two hours behind EST. That means I can be on the server late at night when others are not to either do events or whitelist some players if the need is in high demand. The next reason being is my previous experience with large servers and servers that have a more “challenging” player base is a defiant factor that should be considered whilst in the application process. The next reason I believe I am more qualified is my ability to communicate and perform duties with others extremely easy whilst keeping my maturity at a full maximum and still role play. Another reason I believe I stand out is my capability to work with others without really knowing who they are nor what they prefer to do. The next reason would defiantly be my time with younger kids. I believe that spending time as a summer camp leader for the YMCA in the summers help me to keep my cool in stressful situations. Branching off the last reason I believe that being exposed to stressful situations make it easier in the future to not have a negative reaction nor to have a reaction that could end up hurting another person's feelings. The next 2 reasons I believe I should stand out from other applicants is my maturity and dedication whilst in the game and out of the game. The last reason I believe I should be accepting for game master is I deal with stress in a different way than others. The meaning of that is I use stress for more energy and I do not really every get angry in stressful moments.

Note: Gamemaster are not staff. Gamemaster should not use their powers for anything besides their events. Unless instructed to do other wise by Head Admin +.

S

Silas

+1 Great guy, always wanting to have fun and all around a great choice for GM

Jaffa

VIP
Big +1 from me, you’re mature, you know how to have a laugh and when to calm down. Your application is extremely detailed and I feel you have the qualities and Timezone required to fill in a nice space when we need more events. Best of luck with your application

Cruen

+2 Personal friend of mine and I can strongly vouch for him, he's a very good person and I would trust him with GM powers. I also think he is a very creative person who could do a great job as a GM. Also his event is realistic, and completely possible. I hope he gets on the GM team, best of luck.

What does that mean hmmmmmmm
It means the last time I saw an event on the server was weeks ago (not saying you don’t host ANY but clearly not as often as you used to) and no gamemasters even get tf on the server anymore that’s why new players are having a hard time making money and getting items and the staff teams also short too now that everyone resigned, every time we convert someone in inquisitors the only 1 staff member online is always AFK
So. That’s what it’s supposed to mean. The servers desperate for staff

Dunkin

VIP
It means the last time I saw an event on the server was weeks ago (not saying you don’t host ANY but clearly not as often as you used to) and no gamemasters even get tf on the server anymore that’s why new players are having a hard time making money and getting items and the staff teams also short too now that everyone resigned, every time we convert someone in inquisitors the only 1 staff member online is always AFK
So. That’s what it’s supposed to mean. The servers desperate for staff
Please take it to pms not on my application

Status
Not open for further replies.