Shawn Rynnii Gamemaster Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game Master Application

Steam name: Shawn
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:198456532
Ingame name(s): Barsen Thor GIV Shawn Winters , AOA Apprentice Shawn , IT PVT Boggy
Current play time: 1 Month
Time in Garry’s Mod: 372 Hours
Amount of warns: 2

Previous Gamemaster/Event making Experience:
Server(s): I currently have no experience with it comes to being a Gamemaster, however, I wanted to start somewhere and I felt that I could
contributed to a server I really enjoy playing on. Due to the events I have been too, I feel I know what a Gamemasters job is so in regards I have
a little experience with that. I feel I can create an interesting story that many people could enjoy.

(Check off the answer you choose with a “x”.)

Would you consider yourself an good builder?
[ ] yes
[X ] no
(I cant say if I am good or bad at GMOD building as I have never done it, however I am looking to learn during the GM Trial.)

Experience with Garry’s Mod construction and NPC control: (if none leave blank)

Are you able to create a cohesive story?
[X] yes
[ ] no

Experience with the creation of story lines, and knowledge of star wars lore:
I believe I am adapted and well rounded when it comes to the creation of story lines. I have had top marks at my school when it has come to
narrative writing. I believe I am able to create a story that is very interesting as well as fun. I also have really good knowledge of the star wars lore.
I think that with the experience to create story lines, and the experience and knowledge of the star wars lore, I can create fun stories and events.

Have you ever assisted in an event on Reborn in the past?
[X] yes
[ ] no
If so how many times?
[7 ]
( If assisted meaning as I have been to an event and participated then yes I have done this. If not, and it means I helped a GM to do an event, then no I have not.)

Can you work well with others to plan and execute an event?
[X ] yes
[ ] no

I am able to work with others to plan an event. I love to listen to ideas from others and combine my ideas and theirs to create a better and more fun outcome for the both of us. If I was trying to force something without allowing others to work with me, I feel an event as a game master would fail. Not as much people would like it, and I would look like someone who really doesn't care. I believe teamwork and working with others is a very big and important part.

As a game master what do you desire to do? (ie: Build, create story, etc.):

There are many things that I desire to do as a game master. I feel the position is a way I can help to spread positive thoughts and give back to the server. When I first came to this server, I was accompanied by 2 other friends. After I did the initiate training for Jedi, I then started to speak with people and learn how the server worked. I then went to a RP event and noticed how fun the server was and it made me want to participate more with the server and actually roleplay here. My friends did give me a bad name on the server and it is still there as they kept bringing me to their mingy staff sits. However, the way the server was run, and the events that were being hosted when I started are what kept me on the server. It was very fun and interesting and kept me busy, as well as working as a team with others. So as a game master, I desire to bring what was brought to me when I first started. I want to bring fun story events that will get newer players and older players alike to come together and work together to complete different task. Its a way and helping them all get levels, earn rewards, and bond together as a server. I really want to be able to help further this. This is why I desire to become a game master. I prefer the side of creating stories over building a lot, however doing what will help the community and attract more players is what I mostly desire from this rank.

Plan an event (story based or building based):
Jedi forces were returning to tython from a mission when their vehicle was suddenly shot down from the sky. They crash landed on Kashyyyk and were captured by the
sith empire. You must make your way up through Kashyyyk fighting off enemy forces and making your way to the Sith Base. Upon reaching the sith base, you must find your way through the base eliminating the treats and trying to free the Jedi. After you have regained the Captured Jedi, you must escape the Sith Base and bring the Jedi
back to Tython safely.

Room 1: There will be Droid forces trying to shoot and kill you to stop you from progressing on deeper into Kashyyyk.
Room 2: You have defeated the Droid forces and now you are faced with Troopers who will be shooting you down.
Room 3: You are at the entrance to the Sith Base, you must fight the boss here and kill him. After eliminating the boss, you will then have to find a way into the base.
Room 4: You have made it into the base and are first faced with more troopers you must kill. In this room there will be a holocron you must bring to the next room.
Room 5: This next room will have a mini boss who will be protecting a cell with the captured Jedi. You must defeat the mini boss and use the holocron to free the Jedi.
Room 6: You are now trying to escape the Sith Base, stronger forces were called and you must defeat these troopers here.
Room 7: You have made it to the Sith Hanger Bay. Standing here is the final boss, the one in charge of the Sith Base, you must defeat him to take control of one of the
fighters and bring the captured Jedi to tython.

This is the end of the event once these rooms have been completed.

User Administrative Agreement
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I have read and fully understand all of requirements and expectations placed on our staff members, including, but not limited to:
- Suspension/demotion due to inactivity, abuse, and neglect of the responsibilities placed on Game masters
[X]

User Permission Clause
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [name here], have permission from [Senior GM+] to make my application (either via forum private message, steam, or in-game).
I also acknowledge that If I am lying about my permission that I will be denied the right to apply for any Game master position in the future.
[X]
The Head Game Master has given me permission to fill out this application and present it on the forum.

Player Interview
Why should we support your application, and what makes you more qualified than other players? (Please elaborate - minimum effort will not be tolerated):

I believe my application should be supported by the staff team as well as regular members of the community. I believe I have a little bit more qualification with the experience outside of GMOD I have had when it came to other games which involved roleplay just like this server. I used to play on ROBLOX Roleplay servers( Kinda Nerdy and Lame) and did similar jobs that the game master does. I held events public events for these roleplay servers creating fun scenarios, missions, and stories for the players to follow and interact with. I loved when I did this, being able to take ideas from the player base, and implement it into activities that would make everyone enjoy it. This helped with creating a fun community where everyone was able to get along and newer players would feel they meant something in the community. I want to bring this feel into the server as well. As stated above, when I first joined it was the way the staff was running the server, and the way the events were running that made me want to actively participate in this server. I want to be able to take what is already established in this community as a game master and improve on it to further better the server, making it fun for old and new players alike. I want to have events where I can take ideas from the community and put them all together to create something everyone will enjoy. I believe being a game master you need more of the ability to work with others and create what the people what in order to create successful events and bring together the community. Events that are created by the community rather than the Game masters I feel are a much better way of involving everyone together and creating a stable community. If the staff took more of whats the community wants, the server will tend to grow and many new people will come. We will bring much more roleplayer like that was intended with the new 4.0 update, as well as friendship. Allowing new players to participate in events will allow them to be known to the community and make friends. I made friends on this server through events as well as organizations in the game. I feel if I can become a game master and have the support from the staff team, I can work well with the community to create what I believe the server wants to bring which is a community that is all together with roleplay and a place where newer people can feel needed and important so they are able to stay. I may not have much knowledge when it comes to building in GMOD, however through the trial phase I look forward to learning more about our game masters, learning all the tricks, and then being able to put what I learn into action to further improve the community that I have become to love. I want to help other players feel how I feel and the only way I can think is through events that take ideas from the community and bring everyone together. I ask if you all can support me and my ideas and allow me to have the opportunity to help bring back what has made me stay into the server to help expand our community together. I thank you all for allow me to have the time I have had so far on the server, and the time to apply for this position. Thank you all.

Last edited:

Oat man

How long have you been playing on reborn
Edit active mouths not like if you started to play a year ago then stopped playing for 9 mouths then come back and say 1 year a lot of people do this

Last edited:

Oat man

+1 for RN you say you are a bad builder your idea for event is really basic I Never see you on TS or on the forums AND THIS IS ONE OF THE BIG REASONS I DID A -1 is this
"
User Permission Clause
By placing an X in the box provided below, I hereby state that I, [name here], have permission from [Senior GM+] to make my application (either via forum private message, steam, or in-game).
I also acknowledge that If I am lying about my permission that I will be denied the right to apply for any Gamemaster position in the future." This shows me that you did not put very much time or effort in to this app
I have a few more reasons of because of things that has happened in game I think you are a good guy but I may change my vote to a neutral I will be thinking a good bit what I should do with my vote
Edit you have good at RP you are a cool guy and I say give you a chance

Last edited:

Okeas

VIP
-1, the only experience I’ve had with you was your running into the DC chambers during downtime, running into the throne room and sitting in Marr’s chair then when I tell you it’s still FailRP to sit in it during DT you stand up and advert /me pissing on Marr’s chair

-1 literally has only been on roblox, also your user permission claus is not filled out, and literally before you started being serious you were the MINGYEST PERSON ever I could see on the face of this earth.

-1 for RN you say you are a bad builder your idea for event is really basic I Never see you on TS or on the forums AND THIS IS ONE OF THE BIG REASONS I DID A -1 is this
"
User Permission Clause
I also acknowledge that If I am lying about my permission that I will be denied the right to apply for any Gamemaster position in the future." This shows me that you did not put very much time or effort in to this app
I have a few more reasons of because of things that has happened in game I think you are a good guy but I may change my vote to a neutral I will be thinking a good bit what I should do with my vote
I tend to stay on ts in the jedi council chambers and speak with council men

-1 literally has only been on roblox, also your user permission claus is not filled out, and literally before you started being serious you were the MINGYEST PERSON ever I could see on the face of this earth.
I mean everyone has to start somewhere? If limiting a person from being able to be a trial gm and wanting to learn, that is kinda messed up. Many GMS in the future will move along in this server so if people who are newer arent trained who will there be? Also, I wasnt even the minge on the server, it was a irl friend of mine who kept bringing me into situations, I posted a forum on this too.

-1, the only experience I’ve had with you was your running into the DC chambers during downtime, running into the throne room and sitting in Marr’s chair then when I tell you it’s still FailRP to sit in it during DT you stand up and advert /me pissing on Marr’s chair
I was told there isnt RP during DT? And thats why people can go anywhere? If this wasnt this case why do sith and ee always run into the council room and sit in cause's chair during DT?

Theseus

I was told there isnt RP during DT? And thats why people can go anywhere? If this wasnt this case why do sith and ee always run into the council room and sit in cause's chair during DT?
You dont have to RP but you are not to interrupt people who are trying to RP

Ah he could've just got back from making docs when he said something
Which as someone running around during DT, how are we suppose to know that? He didnt verbally say anything about that, therefore he shouldnt hold a grudge when I literally had no way of knowing,,

Theseus

Which as someone running around during DT, how are we suppose to know that? He didnt verbally say anything about that, therefore he shouldnt hold a grudge when I literally had no way of knowing,,
Oh ik I'm not taking his defense I'm just pointing out what could've gone on because I'm waiting to see more of how I should vote

Status
Not open for further replies.