What do you want added to REBORN

I like your ideas Estrella, but I have a few critiques, also I apologize for any grammatical errors or the short length of this as I'm in my phone.
One of your claims is that there were more Sith in the hour Midas became Emperor than right now and while that may be true, the reason behind it isn't what is suggested. Midas didn't gain traction because people thought he would be a good Emperor, but rather that when there's a new Emperor there will be more new people in power, so people get on in hopes of earning a place in power by sucking up to the new Emperor. There most likely was the large influx of people partially because Caitlyn was no longer Emperor and people felt as though the Sith could do well once more and didn't have to worry about being PK'D 24/7.
Another critique I have is the whole paranoid Emperor thing, hes right to be paranoid considering he OT'D a Emperor an hour within him getting it and being a jedi main that became Emperor. Hes also seen as a puppet of Moxxis, so everywhere he looks he sees opportunities of him being dethroned and its understandable.
I think your idea is crazy and is a big gamble about how to fix the sith. I do not think it will turn out well however, and I highly advise against it.
With the whole staff issue with your friend, that's more of a Gamemaster problem as Staff aren't really suppose to handle problems with events they aren't helping in like that. Another problem that arises is there is no real way to prove that your friend was killed intentionally, so the staff member would be faced with a dilemma and it could be that it was an accident, there is just no way to 100% prove it.
Addressing your issue with the EE being messy lately, I will admit me and my whole council have been off messing around on Minecraft. The update was rough for us as we got crippled too many times and we also played it because the update delayed a few times and we needed a change of pace. I will be returning back to Gmod slowly and bring my council with me. Speaking of troopers, I like the idea of the shield they can get, but could we make it possible that we change the ability completely or just make it so we can damage inside of the bubble? As it stands, I can easily prevent an OT through a war of attrition by popping 1 bad boy in the DC checkpoint and heal up anyone in the bubble that is low. The only thing that can hurt the bubble boys seems to be guns and even if someone had a gun, the bubble boy could easily reflect if they are a force user or shoot back if they are a trooper and sending the attacking flying through the teleporter linking the sanctum and the main temple. Thanks for listening.

Yeah sorry to the ee I made a minecraft server and got most of ee council hooked to it, but we have had our fun on the modpack and I myself am finding less stuff to do so I will be returning back to garrys mod, and I don’t like the idea of the Sith picking a emperor tbh as we will be back to square one people will just overthrow that emperor, I seriously believe the Sith is a bit dead is because of the orgs, recently I’ve been in dark brotherhood, bladeborn and PG and not much happens it’s the osscianlly go to this planet kill this guy do the same a hour later, I can’t remember the last time I did a actually combat training or anything at all. At least PG when the emperor wasn’t there, there was trainings now there’s nothing.

I can remember when I first started and there was always imperial guards stationed and dhg on the checkpoint, and guarding is the worst job ever, but they higher ups made sure there was always other stuff happening so it was worth doing the boring stuff to do the fun stuff. When it comes to Jedi vs Sith updates are great and all but if the factions aren’t good your server is over

Last edited:

Tyr

VIP
The server is dying because there's really nothing fun to do, maybe add quests or the mining addon back (or 4.0)

Majaxx

I feel like Coruscant would be good. For example, you can go there to trade materials for items(like hilts in tat caves) with a vendor or use money. And then maybe some missions in which you have to talk to an npc or to a machine and go to tat to deliver items. Just more stuff to do while it’s downtime.

Estrella

I like your ideas Estrella, but I have a few critiques, also I apologize for any grammatical errors or the short length of this as I'm in my phone.
One of your claims is that there were more Sith in the hour Midas became Emperor than right now and while that may be true, the reason behind it isn't what is suggested. Midas didn't gain traction because people thought he would be a good Emperor, but rather that when there's a new Emperor there will be more new people in power, so people get on in hopes of earning a place in power by sucking up to the new Emperor. There most likely was the large influx of people partially because Caitlyn was no longer Emperor and people felt as though the Sith could do well once more and didn't have to worry about being PK'D 24/7.
Another critique I have is the whole paranoid Emperor thing, hes right to be paranoid considering he OT'D a Emperor an hour within him getting it and being a jedi main that became Emperor. Hes also seen as a puppet of Moxxis, so everywhere he looks he sees opportunities of him being dethroned and its understandable.
I think your idea is crazy and is a big gamble about how to fix the sith. I do not think it will turn out well however, and I highly advise against it.
With the whole staff issue with your friend, that's more of a Gamemaster problem as Staff aren't really suppose to handle problems with events they aren't helping in like that. Another problem that arises is there is no real way to prove that your friend was killed intentionally, so the staff member would be faced with a dilemma and it could be that it was an accident, there is just no way to 100% prove it.
Addressing your issue with the EE being messy lately, I will admit me and my whole council have been off messing around on Minecraft. The update was rough for us as we got crippled too many times and we also played it because the update delayed a few times and we needed a change of pace. I will be returning back to Gmod slowly and bring my council with me. Speaking of troopers, I like the idea of the shield they can get, but could we make it possible that we change the ability completely or just make it so we can damage inside of the bubble? As it stands, I can easily prevent an OT through a war of attrition by popping 1 bad boy in the DC checkpoint and heal up anyone in the bubble that is low. The only thing that can hurt the bubble boys seems to be guns and even if someone had a gun, the bubble boy could easily reflect if they are a force user or shoot back if they are a trooper and sending the attacking flying through the teleporter linking the sanctum and the main temple. Thanks for listening.
Thank you for responding to my long ass essay xD, but yeah I get what you are saying. I tried to use the fact that when Midas was Emperor for the short period up until he was overthrown was a problem regarding how the Sith's members are being minimized because of OTs and PKs. I didn't mean to sound it like Macklin is a bad Emperor compared to Midas at all. And that's what I mean about the paranoia, why should Emperors have to be paranoid they will be overthrown every second? It restricts RP and the Sith from ever expanding and its because overthrows are even a thing. Now I was kind of talking out of my ass when I said the solution to this problem so don't worry about that :p. Also I could understand why you would go to Minecraft, literally anyone could die to 3 people and crippling slash even with 5 healers on them, its bullshit and needs to be removed because it is way too OP.

not even gonna lie, faction leaders should apply for their position (not copying icefuse shh), because if we cant have a stable emperor we cant ever get active sith. How the application works is they stay emperor for a month, then they must reapply. If there is anyone with a better application they simply get it, or the council could have a vote at every month and see if he/ she keeps his/her position as emperor.

Steely

VIP
not even gonna lie, faction leaders should apply for their position (not copying icefuse shh), because if we cant have a stable emperor we cant ever get active sith. How the application works is they stay emperor for a month, then they must reapply. If there is anyone with a better application they simply get it, or the council could have a vote at every month and see if he/ she keeps his/her position as emperor.
I see this being the best way of getting a good emperor without half the sith getting pked, Also we discussed this in the DC meeting on Wednesday the draw of the players to a faction could be what staff ranks they hold. Lets use moxxi as an example now would you like to get all buddy buddy with a founder or the grandmaster thats mod or goldvip or just a random user. Its more of a OOC type of thing because if you get all buddy buddy with high places you can go far theres no denying that but lets say Zozo is back on emperor or Caitlyn thats when the majority of the sith was active because they were good at being Emperor/Empress. So basically Anzati i +1 your idea

Shade Koba

Shepard, the drop in players is fully due to the fact that your staff team contains a handful of corrupt, homophobic, and toxic people. Many people have quit due to the actions by those staff members. The reason their actions are not reported more, is because they are most often in very high ranking positions in staff. That being said, their actions have been reported to you before on at least one occasion to my knowledge, and you have so far chosen to do nothing about it other than cover up the messes they've made. If you want your server to be a more welcoming environment, do something about your unwelcoming staff.

Ventum

this is pretty epic.

I can understand where you're coming from with the whole vote in Emperors type deal, but I feel as though it takes away fun from the server and will cause a series of issues. For example, the current emperor could use any applications that are running for emperor as a sign of treason and punish them ingame for it, or just hold a grudge, if the emperor was voted in by his council he could just get all of his buddies on council and reign forever. The idea is cool in the sense of a stable Empire, but sucks in the sense of the sense of betrayal the leader will feel when anyone votes positively for anyone else. I can also see where you are coming from Steely, but I feel as though only extremely new players are drawn in by the rank idea as most of the normal players choose people based off of who they are as a person and what skills they possess. For example, with EE I drew in a lot of old players at the start because they noticed I was trying to do something with EE as opposed to letting it completely die and abuse my powers. As time progressed, new players started joining EE early on because they saw something stable and they saw a fancy rank that slowly progressed. The way you can apply this idea to Sith is that Macklin is going to have to work his ass off if he wants a stable Empire once more and as time progresses he will attract a lot more players back to Sith. I feel as though voting for Emperor is not the solution to this or anything

Ventum

I can understand where you're coming from with the whole vote in Emperors type deal, but I feel as though it takes away fun from the server and will cause a series of issues. For example, the current emperor could use any applications that are running for emperor as a sign of treason and punish them ingame for it, or just hold a grudge, if the emperor was voted in by his council he could just get all of his buddies on council and reign forever. The idea is cool in the sense of a stable Empire, but sucks in the sense of the sense of betrayal the leader will feel when anyone votes positively for anyone else. I can also see where you are coming from Steely, but I feel as though only extremely new players are drawn in by the rank idea as most of the normal players choose people based off of who they are as a person and what skills they possess. For example, with EE I drew in a lot of old players at the start because they noticed I was trying to do something with EE as opposed to letting it completely die and abuse my powers. As time progressed, new players started joining EE early on because they saw something stable and they saw a fancy rank that slowly progressed. The way you can apply this idea to Sith is that Macklin is going to have to work his ass off if he wants a stable Empire once more and as time progresses he will attract a lot more players back to Sith. I feel as though voting for Emperor is not the solution to this or anything

I have a more refined version of the idea in my reply on the first page, it polishes the entire thing. Lmk what you think.

I understand where your idea is coming from, but I still have to disagree. I'm sure you've often heard the idea of "if you don't like overthrows go to Jedi" or something similar and I think it can be applied here in a way. If we make it so every faction has a similar procedure to how the faction leader becomes faction leader it would take away from the experience of being a part of a certain faction. For example, the fun in Sith is that power is switched around all the time and you have a lot more free will, while Jedi is more refined, but strict when it comes to power and free will. Of course, EE is it's own thing, but I digress. The thing is if we make all factions kind of the same in how leadership is achieved it will make the lines of factions blend a little and make it so you don't join the factions off your values, but more or less who has more people or where are your friends. Imagine if someone corrupt somehow snuck into the Emperor position while pretending to be a great person, then the whole Sith order is fucked for a month as opposed to a week. I know a suggestion you could have is shorten the time between the votes for power, but I feel as though the votes just take away from too much.
Another thing about the votes is, like you said, it could be done multiple ways, but they all have their own pros and cons. For example the threshold idea could easily be unfair by who all is on the forums as opposed to how the entirety of the sith feels, like shown in Moxxis ban appeal. I'm leaning more towards the tallied overall idea because it seems to be the most fair as with the ratio then speech you could easily have people - your application because they want some other guy as Emperor and if it's a close vote and everyone +s their guy and -s the other then nobody would pass the ratio. Another problem with your ratio idea is it also seems to be dependent of who is on the server as opposed to how the Sith feels as a whole and could lead to problems. Finally, what's stopping people of different factions purposely voting in bad Emperors to benefit their faction? Theres no way you can tell someone that their vote doesn't count because they don't play a faction enough because there is no set standard and there really shouldn't be. I apologize for writing so much, but I just feel strongly against the whole voting process because although it would keep me in power forever, I can see it going wrong in so many ways.

Rde Ren

Shepard, the drop in players is fully due to the fact that your staff team contains a handful of corrupt, homophobic, and toxic people. Many people have quit due to the actions by those staff members. The reason their actions are not reported more, is because they are most often in very high ranking positions in staff. That being said, their actions have been reported to you before on at least one occasion to my knowledge, and you have so far chosen to do nothing about it other than cover up the messes they've made. If you want your server to be a more welcoming environment, do something about your unwelcoming staff.
dude theres like 2 gay staff. wym

P

Pump

@RoyalMobster

Spectre8105

dude theres like 2 gay staff. wym
Just because there's 2 gay staff doesn't mean the rest of them can't be homophobic. The staff team is more of a trio at the moment, many get on, take 1 sit, and call it a day. Others just afk on gmod, dont take sits at all, or just flex their tag. I have always said this and will continue to say it, Staff team some shit rn, if you're bored of the server just resign, if you aren't going to take sits resign, if you're going to hold a spot in the higher ups and do nothing with it, resign.

Spectre8105

Also, revert all of the OT rules added over the past month, advert assist, cant be neutral, etc. The amount of enjoyment in overthrows has diminished so much due to these, also, crippling slash needs a major nerf or overall removal, current fighting on the server is backpedal until it's up again, it's also real annoying that your movement isn't really slowed as much as it looks like you're lagging and teleporting around

Edit: If they aren't crippling slashing they're backpedaling for a parry, increase the amoint of stamina it takes to parry, server combat has gotten sooooo dull due to parrying and now crippling slash, at this point I'll have more fun maining my own fucking fist as there's more fun and skill to that then backpedaling for a parry or crippling slash.

Spectre8105

Lastly, there is NO APPEAL to play on the server pre-level 180. All of the updates have been focused on the higher levels to a point where new players can't even make a semi-good build, I know they're low levels but there's literally no fighting chance lf a lvl 30 tries to fight a 60 due to the power spike.